Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13

Go down 
+15
Eyesore
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Boris2008
Infinite
mc666
Dark Horseman
Lurideath
DevZor
manny
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Sounds pretty good.

He sang melodic metal in PITTS VS. PREPS which was good stuff and even the stuff in EXHORDER was in that "yell really hard in-key" vibe that Phil Anselmo later copied. So many vocalists these days wanna rip off PANTERA but miss that crucial "in-key" part.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:13 pm

I'm very happy with the new songs. Kyle sounds great!

"Butterflies" is an instant classic!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Music sounds great... not sold on Kyle though, the songs seems to be really missing Eric. I will be buying this one, so maybe I'll get used to Kyle after a few listens.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 am

mc666 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I'm adopting a "wait and see" attitude toward this one.  Without Eric or Jeff my interest dips considerably, though I'm such a big fan of the Wartell/Franklin guitar tandem that I'm still curious to see what they come up with.  

They have no bass player listed on their website so I'm assuming one of the guitarists filled in for the recording.
I think Kyle will surprise you. The album he did with Floodgate makes me think he will handle this with class.

And that Floodgate album is an unsung 90s classic. That's a great album!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:05 am

Hope I can find this tomorrow. Or today, now.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:26 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I'm adopting a "wait and see" attitude toward this one.  Without Eric or Jeff my interest dips considerably, though I'm such a big fan of the Wartell/Franklin guitar tandem that I'm still curious to see what they come up with.  

They have no bass player listed on their website so I'm assuming one of the guitarists filled in for the recording.
I think Kyle will surprise you. The album he did with Floodgate makes me think he will handle this with class.

And that Floodgate album is an unsung 90s classic. That's a great album!

I got that Floodgate cd mistakenly thru half.com (the seller sent me that instead of Atrophy's Violent By Nature).The seller refunded my money and told me to keep the cd. I put it in the desk drawer and never even listened to it. That actually sounds decent. The Trouble sampler is sounding pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:38 am

Damn. These tracks sound great. I had no intention of buying this, but it goes on the list now.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:31 pm

I like the first track, there is some of that wonderful Wartell/Franklin guitar interplay.

I'll be interested to hear the rest of the album but so far I'm still not 100% sold.

Last edited by S.D. on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:41 pm

Check out the album Kyle did with Alabama Thunderpussy (Open Fire) as well.

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Just came in the mail today, along w/"Simple Mind condition", (yup, haven't heard that one yet!), man, just scanning through this, it sounds bloody awesome! headbanger A real return to the old school sound, plenty of doom, and while I lament the absence of Eric as well, this cat sounds fine, reminds me a bit of Rob Lowe of "Solitude Aeturnus" fame...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Why isn't there more posts on this? Man, this is new Trouble!!!!!!! headbanger 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:30 am

I think this album will bring them back into the limelight. It's a definite classic.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:19 am

Check out Kyle's rendition of Whitesnake with his former band Alabama Thunderpussy.

http://soundcloud.com/relapserecords/still-of-the-night-whitesnake
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Just heard this last night. The entire thing. Twice. In a row. And I have it on now.

God. This is a f*cking great album. Also made me revisit Psalm 9.

HIGHLY recommended.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Anyone heard this album?

TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 610c4sKwL1L

Any good?

PostSubject: Re: TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13   TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TROUBLE: New album THE DISTORTION FIELD July '13
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2