Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You always remember your first

Go down 
+28
candlemass
DallasBlack
Wargod
kmorg
journeyman
ghost
Hamer12
7thSecond
TheGooch
thejokeriv
the sentinel
spiritoradio
caniplaywithmadness?
SAHB Healer
krokus
INVADERS
sovdat
Thrasher73
GrandNational
MetalGuy71
mc666
Invader
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

You always remember your first - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 5:19 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Def Leppard.
SHUT UP!? NO WAY! just kidding
Swear. Def Leppard's Hysteria, to be exact. Pyromania and High N Dry to a lesser extent. My mother had those two albums, so I was familiar. But when Hysteria came out, I bought it. It was my first music purchase ever, so with it being mine, I sort of took to it differently. I was 13 years old. The obsession just grew from there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 5:21 pm

Quote :
My Dad was a true metal head, and gave me those albums when i was about 5 -6, and i have never looked back.

I hope my kid gives me kudos some day in the future. She just
came over last night to burn all my Sid Vicious boots, and the entire
Dangerhouse Records discography. It made me pretty proud.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 6:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Def Leppard.
SHUT UP!? NO WAY! just kidding
Swear.
Def Leppard's Hysteria, to be exact. Pyromania and High N Dry to a
lesser extent. My mother had those two albums, so I was familiar. But
when Hysteria came out, I bought it. It was my first music purchase
ever, so with it being mine, I sort of took to it differently. I was 13
years old. The obsession just grew from there.
Leppards Cool! 🤘 Poor some sugar on me!! Well, not you, PLEASE keep your sugar to yourself.....grim reaper
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 7:27 pm

The first time I heard Smoke On The Water on the 8 track of my cousin Jimmy's 1964 Chevy Nova. I still remember it...it was raining and the windsheild wipers seemed to be beating in time to THAT RIFF! Then it was on to Edgar Winter's Frankenstein, and I've never looked back.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 7:53 pm

DEEP PURPLE!
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 8:24 pm

When I was a young'en I listened to all my dads records and cassette tapes. The first record I ever heard was Deep Purple "Machine Head". I was also obsessed with a comp tape that my dad made mainly because it had Iron Man on it along with Cum On Feel The Noise, I was hooked. The first cd I ever got was Jimi Hendrix "A Band on Gypsy's", which my dad bought before I even had a cd player, but when I went to buy a cd player I ended up buying another album KISS "Destroyer". I should have known what my life was going to be like just based off of the fact that I couldn't be happy with just one disc to start off my cd listening experience. Thanks dad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:13 pm

Judas Priest. I remember hearing Victim of Changes on my uncle's tape deck but not knowing who they were. I was 10 years old when the Defenders of the Faith album came out and I borrowed it from my cousin and was instantly hooked. I listened VH and Aerosmith when I was around 6 and 7 years old, but that's more hard rock than true heavy metal, so that's why I went with the JP story first. After all, I am the "Sentinel". 🤘
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:19 pm

70's - KISS, Van Halen
Early 80's - KISS, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Scorpions, Motorhead
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:28 am

the sentinel wrote:
Judas Priest. I remember hearing Victim of Changes on my uncle's tape deck but not knowing who they were. I was 10 years old when the Defenders of the Faith album came out and I borrowed it from my cousin and was instantly hooked. I listened VH and Aerosmith when I was around 6 and 7 years old, but that's more hard rock than true heavy metal, so that's why I went with the JP story first. After all, I am the "Sentinel". 🤘
this was the first actual metal band i ever listened to. a great place for anyone to begin, since they influenced most all of it in some way.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:33 am

the sentinel wrote:

Amen brother! AC/DC was my first cassette tape, but Judas Priest's "Point Of Entry" was my second! I got hooked on Priest when MTV first went on the air and I kept seeing the video for "Heading out to the Highway." (Remember when MTV used to be cool like that, instead of the corporate demon spawn it is today?? Haha)
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:35 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Judas Priest. I remember
hearing Victim of Changes on my uncle's tape deck but not knowing who
they were. I was 10 years old when the Defenders of the Faith album
came out and I borrowed it from my cousin and was instantly hooked. I
listened VH and Aerosmith when I was around 6 and 7 years old, but
that's more hard rock than true heavy metal, so that's why I went with
the JP story first. After all, I am the "Sentinel". 🤘

Amen
brother! AC/DC was my first cassette tape, but Judas Priest's "Point Of
Entry" was my second! I got hooked on Priest when MTV first went on the
air and I kept seeing the video for "Heading out to the Highway."
(Remember when MTV used to be cool like that, instead of the corporate
demon spawn it is today?? Haha)
LMAO @ "corporate demon spawn"!
Laughing very hard SOOO, how do you REEEEAAAALLY feal?!?!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:38 am

T-Roy wrote:

Haha, yea, I sound a little bitter there don't I?
Put it to ya this way: when my sons are old enough to have an interest in music, I will severely limit, if not block, their access to MTV...I don't want''em walking around in baggy pants with their caps on sideways, going "Yo Pops, whassup? We just kickin' it. Keep it real, dawg."
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:41 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Haha, yea, I sound a little bitter there don't I?
Put
it to ya this way: when my sons are old enough to have an interest in
music, I will severely limit, if not block, their access to MTV...I
don't want''em walking around in baggy pants with their caps on
sideways, going "Yo Pops, whassup? We just kickin' it. Keep it real,
dawg."
Couldn't agree more bro!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 11:27 am

queen was really the first rock band i started listening to but i got bored of queen and started listening to eighties pop music due to all my old parents records. then i picked up gnr appetite for destruction and then moved onto metallica due to the song enter sandman and it all went from there
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 11:47 am

TheGooch wrote:
queen was really the first rock band i started
listening to but i got bored of queen and started listening to eighties
pop music due to all my old parents records. then i picked up gnr
appetite for destruction and then moved onto metallica due to the song
enter sandman and it all went from there
EEEEXIT LIGHT!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 12:58 pm

Quiet Riot, Iron Maiden, Metallica and Motley Crue for metal. Can't remember who's album I bought first as it was in the early 80's. D.R.I., C.O.C. and 7 Seconds for punk. This was in the mid 80's.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 1:17 pm

Vengance Rising was the first really heavy band that got me hooked on heavy music.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 2:57 pm

In 1980 I saw Motörhead in the German music show Musikexpress playing the song Motörhead. It blew me away and from that day on I am a Motörhead fan. Motörhead opened the door for me and I soon started to listen to Kiss, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath...
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:04 pm

Rush, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Kiss, Led Zeppelin
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 5:16 am

My older borthers and a neighbor listened to KISS, so I "borrowed" their mix tapes and albums. I'm not sure what I heard first, but I think it was either "Unmasked" or "Peter Criss". Incidently 1980 was the first year KISS visited Noreway, and I remember I sneaked up one late night to see them on the evening news. i was 6 years old, and back then we only had like 3 channels on the TV here in Norway, so the news were the only place they made an appearance. Actually a Norwegian magazine were one of the first publications to capture the band on pictures sans make up. Inly problem was nobody knew which of the pictures people were actually in the band! :lol

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 pm

When I was littler I didn't care for music. I would listen to something on the radio but never really got into it... until I heard Megadeth for the first time. I have been a metalhead sine. I started out with Megadeth and Metallica. Then on to Slayer and Kreator. Now I know TONS of bands.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:11 pm

Well back in the day or the early 70's is considered hard rock and for me it was Rush, BOC, Trapeze, Budgie, White Witch, Starz, Scorpions, Montrose, Blue Cheer, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Black Sabbath, Steppenwolf oh yeah the pusher man!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:13 pm

Just wanted to say to spectrefate: 🇬🇹 I was actually thinking about this the other night. I was telling a cousin who just got into metal and is a good 10-12 years younger than me all about the 1980's metal scene and the NWOBHM and the LA bands from 1983. It was so cool to stay up late when I was a kid and watch Mtv ( when it was good) for the Headbangers Ball and the free concerts. Too bad it's not like that anymore.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:23 pm

My first was Enter Sandman from the black album. My sister was always wathcing MTV while I was growing up and eventually when I started to out grow toys I started watching and they debut the video for it and later I evolved to Slayer, Maiden, Savatage, Helloween, etc. and now there are so many bands I love that it's hard to keeep up with them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:37 pm

1981, Judas Priest, British Steel

I remember my dad saying; "What's that hard steel music your listening to?" lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   You always remember your first - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You always remember your first
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next