Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone Remember When?

Go down 
+16
Mac & Cheese
James B.
manny
mc666
the sentinel
Stender
Thrasher73
glassprison
bgsully
Hadley
mikeinfla
mlotek
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Anyone Remember When? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 4:58 pm

This board use to be all about Haven, and Vengeance demos, and who was singing for Impellitteri this year. Anyone remember those days?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Ummmm...no not really. But then, I'm getting old so I'm lucky if I can remember what I had for lunch.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:05 pm

I remember tons of talk about Vengeance Rising.  A band that I saw discussed on another metal message board once in all my years online.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Yes, when this board originally merged the NoLifeTilMetal board and the MetalMetropolis board, we had tons of CMR members around. Not so much anymore.

I've seen Vengeance discussed on other boards besides here and the CMR. I remember going to see them on their first U.S. tour and there were more non-Christian fans there than there were Christian. That's when they had distribution by Medussa, as opposed to Frontline & Diamante. Having Intense bought out by Frontline really killed a lot of potential bands like Vengeance and Deliverance from hitting a much bigger marked.

Oh, and Haven rules. Was listening to their first album doing cardio the other day. :-)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Bring it back! (I was one of those that was too late)

Also, I want to see Roger's VENGEANCE RISING versus ONCE DEAD in a Battle of The Bands  !

Anyone Remember When? Lgcqhrj
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:32 pm

I just miss those days - no offense to current members. I am just an old fart now.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Having Intense bought out by Frontline really killed a lot of potential bands like Vengeance and Deliverance from hitting a much bigger marked.

I didn't know this! My first exposure to VR was at church. Another teen at the time asked if I knew of any good Christian Metal. Being the wise 17 year old that I was I knew ALL the best bands and steered him in the right direction by letting him hear Shout, Stryper, Whitecross, Rez and the like... And he wasn't impressed at all. Said they all sounded like Nelson! The next week he came back with 2 tapes of bands I had never heard of -- VR and Tourniquet. Once Dead & Stop The Bleeding. Neither of those bands was really my thing, I liked heavy stuff but I also liked the "screamer" type vocalists like Mark Slaughter. I thought it was cool that there was a heavy band like VR. And at that time I had no idea they had anything else, I thought that was their only album. I also remember having some kind of Intense Sampler CD.... No one else seems to know what it is... But it had interviews on it with Ken Tamplin and Roger M... It also had songs from each band. I thought it might have been one of those Hot Metal Summer compilations but I don't know. I have asked people about it before and no one knows what I am talking about. It came in a slim jewel case way before slim cases were common.

Anyway, the point of the message was I had no idea Intense ended up stifling some of the bands. I figured, if anything, it would probably help but I guess not.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 6:00 pm

It was called "Hot Metal Summer". There was 3 or 4 of 'em.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 6:38 pm

http://www.discogs.com/artist/122511-When

Dont know why we're discussing this on HOM though

Wink 
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 8:28 pm

It's my love for such bands that brought me here! Smile
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:03 pm

I just remember the old Ultimatum EZboard site; I don't remember this particular site before a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 2:16 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
I just miss those days - no offense to current members.  I am just an old fart now.

I know how you feel unc,I remember the ez board days!Good times!But it's just like the 80's,gone forever but will live on in my soul.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 6:11 pm

Bands like that were why I joined this board in the first place..ha. PS Hi you beauties..it's been a second.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 6:46 pm

No. I don't. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 10:11 pm

I remember the old EZ board. It was much as it is now, 'cept maybe a bit more of the christian guys were around.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 1:17 am

I was not around for the good ole days when it was about Vengeance Risin'
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 11:39 am

I remember the "John is EZ" board

Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:47 am

I just discovered this board but I remember VR. Saw them at Cornerstone for the first time in 88. I didn't know what to make of them at the time but my brother snagged their demo. It took maybe 2 or 3 listens but it grew on me
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 9:14 am

I was on the old EZ board too... but then it quickly transitioned to this one
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 9:59 am

I don't know what the "EZ Board" is so I must've joined after that era.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Back when this was a primarily Christian based msg board, I would lurk in a bit but never posted. Once I got an invite from Kurt and things shifted to talking about all types of metal, then I joined.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:49 pm

I remember that...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I don't know what the "EZ Board" is so I must've joined after that era.

I thought you were on the old board before it moved over to the new provider? It must have been 2006 or 2007???
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 3:55 pm

I was the 15th person to transfer here from the EZ board back in Jan '07. I'm number 12 on the member list, but that's just because Sax, Spec, & Shawn (I think) had deleted their original accounts & started over.

A lot of names on that list that rarely come around anymore.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 4:28 pm

mc666 wrote:
I was the 15th person to transfer here from the EZ board back in Jan '07. I'm number 12 on the member list, but that's just because Sax, Spec, & Shawn (I think) had deleted their original accounts & started over.

Yeah, that was pretty dumb of me... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Remember When?   Anyone Remember When? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone Remember When?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next