Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does anybody remember Axe?

Go down 
+10
Zdan
akeldama
James B.
Metal Misfit
chewie
Stender
snooloui
tohostudios
manny
14 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Does anybody remember Axe? Empty
PostSubject: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:46 am

Trog posted this song on Facebook a while ago, I remember this song which used to get radio play in my area, I could look them up on in the internet but I would prefer personal opinions from my fellow rock bruthas on this board.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm

While the covers looked metal the music was a hard rock AOR sound. Think more Honeymoon Suite or Loverboy. Offering is the best album they had.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Yep. I got 'em all.

Nazgul's right; the covers looked more metal than the music actually was. I wouldn't compare them to Loverboy though; way less keyboards.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:28 pm

I've heard some of their stuff but not a great deal tbh.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:52 pm

I think the music is cool but ugh....dont know what to think about the cats voice.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:59 pm

I always liked when they played "Rock and Roll Party In The Street" video on MTV... It's a good song.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Can't say I've ever heard of them but that doesn't sound too bad.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:25 pm

When did you get promoted, manny?

Yeah, Axe is pretty good. I love The Offering.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:28 pm

I saw Blackfoot recently and the guitar player/vocalist for Axe was playing with them. He can play that style pretty good. I remember they opened for Motley Crue in So. Calif when "Shout At The Devil" was first released and the Crue could headline at least there. Wasn't to impressed but I did only see a song or two.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:10 am

Yup, got 'em all!
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:41 am

Love Axe and their hard rock sound. The problem with them is that supposedly some releases are pirate bootlegs so I dunno what to buy. But I have some of their stuff and it's great.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:11 am

wow, I hadnt heard that song in years, since maybe '83 or so. brings back memories....
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:48 pm

I actually saw them open for Maiden and Priest in about '82. They re-corded two cd's with some new songs about 10 years ago, that is pretty much what I listen to now, although the new versions were pretty faithful to the originals.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Quote :
The problem with them is that supposedly some releases are pirate bootlegs so I dunno what to buy

Wounded Bird label re-released two of them - Offering and Nemesis. Those are the only ones I have so I don't know about their other releases.

Not only are the album covers misleading but I always thought the name Axe never fit them either.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Rock N Roll Party In The Streets is the only song I remember ever hearing by Axe. It's a great song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody remember Axe?   Does anybody remember Axe? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anybody remember Axe?
Page 1 of 1