Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How important is track order to you?

Go down 
+18
SpectreFate
thejokeriv
jettafiend
Required Fields
Witchfinder
journeyman
ultmetal
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
metalheaded
manny
MetalGuy71
Boris2008
DevZor
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
Hadley
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

How important is track order to you? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How important is track order to you?   How important is track order to you? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:40 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: How important is track order to you?   How important is track order to you? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:59 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Also, when it comes to track order, I rarely listen to the bonus tracks on the end of a reissue at the same time I listen to the album. I prefer to stop the album where it originally stopped.

X2. Especially when listening to Rust through Risk ala' Mega-Dave. The bonus tracks and alternate lyrics are just not that great.

Side note - It would seem that almost every pop-hair-glam-metal band album had ballads at spot 4 or 5 before you flipped the tape and then another at 9 or 10 with a slamming closer. Talk about formulaic. Ugh. I had to start buying Cd's just so I could put them on random and mix it up a little.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: How important is track order to you?   How important is track order to you? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:50 am

Also, when it comes to track order, I rarely listen to the bonus tracks on the end of a reissue at the same time I listen to the album. I prefer to stop the album where it originally stopped.

When I put an album with bonus tracks onto my iPod, I tend to split it so that I have the original album and the bonus tracks separate from each other. That's if I even bother to rip the bonus tracks in the first place.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: How important is track order to you?   How important is track order to you? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:32 am

Not a fan of bonus tracks. The album should be over when the artist said it should be over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How important is track order to you?   How important is track order to you? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:44 am

It really depends on what the bonus tracks are as to whether I embrace them or not. I can think of cases where tracks were left off during the LP era simply because they wouldn't fit on the initial LP-length album, but are later added as bonus tracks on the CD release. Sometimes these are not "lesser" songs, there were just too many good ones to all make the album.

Now, I do prefer when bonus tracks are put on a separate disc from the original album, but I can live with them if they are quality.

The CD release of Jethro Tull's War Child contains 7 bonus tracks, the album was originally planned as a 2-LP set but was shortened to a single album at the last minute. All the bonus tracks are good and in some cases superior to the songs on the original album, my appreciation of the album grew immensely once I heard these 7 orphaned songs.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: How important is track order to you?   How important is track order to you? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:49 am

S.D. wrote:
It really depends on what the bonus tracks are as to whether I embrace them or not. I can think of cases where tracks were left off during the LP era simply because they wouldn't fit on the initial LP-length album, but are later added as bonus tracks on the CD release. Sometimes these are not "lesser" songs, there were just too many good ones to all make the album.

Now, I do prefer when bonus tracks are put on a separate disc from the original album, but I can live with them if they are quality.

The CD release of Jethro Tull's War Child contains 7 bonus tracks, the album was originally planned as a 2-LP set but was shortened to a single album at the last minute. All the bonus tracks are good and in some cases superior to the songs on the original album, my appreciation of the album grew immensely once I heard these 7 orphaned songs.

Another example is Number of the Beast, with the inclusion of Total Eclipse. I never really feel these types of things as bonus tracks, however, but "Director's Cuts," or "Artist's Cuts," as it fully realizes the scope of the bands sequencing.

Sequencing. Damn, that word works so much better.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: How important is track order to you?   How important is track order to you? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Citanul wrote:

When I put an album with bonus tracks onto my iPod, I tend to split it so that I have the original album and the bonus tracks separate from each other. That's if I even bother to rip the bonus tracks in the first place.

That's me. Most of the time I don't rip the bonus tracks. I prefer the album as intended by the artist.

Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: How important is track order to you?   How important is track order to you? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:13 pm

Yeah, order matters to me. And the way that the band orders it is the way I want to hear it, I don't question their judgement. (I'm talking about favorite bands; others, not so much)
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: How important is track order to you?   How important is track order to you? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 5:17 am

Absolutely important

Try listening to 'Rust In Peace' or 'Black Album' in random .... it just feels empty

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: How important is track order to you?   How important is track order to you? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Lawl to this; I've never been able to start RIP on any track but Holy Wars. Same with Peace Sells.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How important is track order to you?   How important is track order to you? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How important is track order to you?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3