Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th

Go down 
+7
Dark Horseman
Coram Deo
Spiner202
James B.
ZombieHavoc
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Empty
PostSubject: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:44 am

I personally lost interest in these guys after their 2nd album, but I'm sure there are some folks here that will be excited about a new album. Enjoy!

Quote :
British thrashers EVILE have set "Skull" as the title of their fourth album, due on May 27 in Europe on Earache Records and in North America via Century Media/Earache Records. The follow-up to 2011's "Five Serpent's Teeth" was once again recorded with producer Russ Russell (NAPALM DEATH, DIMMU BORGIR) at Parlour Studios in Kettering, England. The artwork for the album was painted by artist Eliran Kantor (TESTAMENT, SODOM, HATEBREED).

Commented EVILE drummer Ben Carter: "We'd like to extend our thanks to Eliran Kantor for his amazing artistic representation of our original concept, which we'll reveal further details of in the coming weeks.

"Our fans can expect this album to be a return to our thrashier roots, as well as exploring new ground in typical EVILE form.

"We've always said we want to progress and move forward in everything we do, and this album is no exception.

Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Evileskullcd

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:45 pm

"Our fans can expect this album to be a return to our thrashier roots, as well as exploring new ground in typical EVILE form."

"We've always said we want to progress and move forward in everything we do, and this album is no exception. "

Can there be ONE band, JUST ONCE, who comes right out and says....this sounds nothing like any of the other records..this sounds exactly like our last record.....SOMETHING. You can't take this seriously anymore.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:40 pm

I didn't know Evile had strayed from their thrashier roots...they have not been around that long.

Anyway, I liked the first album a lot, but they are just a little too generic. I think that album comes out the same day as the new Gama Bomb.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 3:54 pm

I like both Gamma Bomb and Evile, so thats gonna be a good day.

The cover looks like there was a cadaver orgy on a rooftop and they all fell off.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:19 pm

To be fair to the band, all three of their albums have been pretty different. The first was a Slayer clone, the second was insanely proggy and mid-tempo, and the third was a great mix of the two. In order, I'd rank them: Five Serpents Teeth>Infected Nations>Enter The Grave.

I'm really excited for this, despite the bad artwork and title.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 3:44 pm

So "Skull" came out this week, no doubt overshadowed by the release of the new Sabbath record (and undershadowed(?) by the release of the new Children of Bodom).

Skull is quite good. Way more old Metallica than their last releases. I am digging this, and I am not even in a thrash mood as of late.
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Got it last night.  My favorite of the 4 releases they've put out.  I agree Zombie, they have way more of a Metallica vibe than their previous Metallica vibe on the other albums.

It's like when I got Lich King BOTB, their other releases were great.  But BOTB was a huge leap forward to my ears.  I feel the same about Skull.  I'm enjoying the 9bucks worth of thrash I got.  Wink
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:03 pm

I like this but it's going to go on the wait list. Havok and Essence are the new thrash that are must haves. Oh, and Battlecross.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:42 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I liked the first album a lot, but they are just a little too generic.
This is me as well!

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 4:02 am

Listening to it now when I should be going to bed. Very thick assault and fast as hell. Love the axe harmonies as well. Killer, thrashy shit. Recommend.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:48 am

Just gave the album a listen for the first time and it's solid stuff for sure. I'll need a few more listens before the songs sink in, but I like the direction they've gone since "Five Serpents' Teeth". It's a great mix of the more progressive nature of "Infected Nations" (which I maintain is still a great album even though a lot of people don't like it) and their thrashier roots.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th 83628 

I took a chance and bought this at f.y.e. this past summer. I finally just now got around to listening to it and it SLAYS. Anyone else pick this up or been enjoying it recently? Evile and Havok are, at this point, my favorite "modern" thrash bands.
Also, how does Evile's back catalog stack up to Skull?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 7:13 pm

I have all of the albums now. Five Serpents Teeth is still the best IMO.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:11 pm

This and Five Serpents Teeth seem to be what the early stuff was heading towards. And this is my thrash album of the year so far.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:53 pm

Pretty amazing, one of the best thrash releases of the year. I love the harmonies that happen here and there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th   Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evile - New Album 'Skull' Available May 27th
Page 1 of 1