Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sacramento California record stores?

Go down 
+2
James B.
BillRoxx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Sacramento California record stores? Empty
PostSubject: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 12:50 am

Looking for some help I'm here in the stTe capital and have some time tomorrow night to hit a record store! Anyone recommend a good store in Sacramento I should check out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 1:38 am

Dimple Records on Arden Way between Fulton and Watt Aves.

Esoteric Records El Camino Blvd and Watt Ave

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 2:23 am

James B. wrote:
Dimple Records on Arden Way between Fulton and Watt Aves.

Esoteric Records El Camino Blvd and Watt Ave

Esoteric moved..... It is now next to Turntables Unlimited on 1139 Fulton Ave, Sacramento, CA 95825 between Hurley Wy and Larkspur. Which is down the street from that Dimple location. Jim is cool, but can be grumpy. 11am-6pm

Dimple Vinyl is on 2499 Arden Way Sacramento, CA 95825 and is within the Bookstore and next to the main store. The record guys are really cool. 10am-9pm tomorrow.

Phono Select is a new that opened on 4370 24th St Sacramento, CA 95822 and is open from 12-5:30pm tomorrow. Dal, the owner, is hella cool, we had a conversation about Y&T. He didn't like Contagious either.

The Beat closed about a year or two ago and is no more.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 3:17 am

Will vouch for Dimple; some of the best prices I've seen for used.

I need to try Phono Select.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 5:57 pm

Awesome thanks guys I'll check those out tonight!
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 10:51 pm

Thanks guys, I had time to stop at one store so I went to Dimples! And Quite the score...

All VINYL Copies...

Bloodgood - Self Titled
Bloodgood - Detonation
441 - Mourning in to dancing
Crumbacher - Thunder Beach
Sammy Hagar - Sittin on the dock of the bay (12" promo single)
Sammy Hagar - Nine on a ten scale
House of Lords - Self title
Idle Cure - Self Title
Ozzy - Scream
War of Ages - Return to Life
Whitecross - Self Title
XYZ - 12" Promo single for Inside Out with a really cool promotional letter and kit from an Engima Records Exec.

Thanks again guys!
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:00 pm

Earlier this week I was in the Dublin/Livermore area and also hit a local record store so technically on this same trip I also got this...

Kiss - Paul Stanley (Back on Black - Limited Edition Picture Disc) $5
Anvil - Forged in Fire (Attic) First Pressing 1983 with original inserts $15
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:11 am

BillRoxx wrote:
Thanks guys, I had time to stop at one store so I went to Dimples! And Quite the score...

All VINYL Copies...

Bloodgood - Self Titled
Bloodgood - Detonation
441 - Mourning in to dancing
Crumbacher - Thunder Beach
Sammy Hagar - Sittin on the dock of the bay (12" promo single)
Sammy Hagar - Nine on a ten scale
House of Lords - Self title
Idle Cure - Self Title
Ozzy - Scream
War of Ages - Return to Life
Whitecross - Self Title
XYZ - 12" Promo single for Inside Out with a really cool promotional letter and kit from an Engima Records Exec.

Thanks again guys!

You're kidding me. That is an unbelievable score, even for Dimples! The Bloodgood, House of Lords, Idle Cure, Whitecross, and XYZ--how much did you get them for?
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Every title On that list was either 2 or 3 each!

Except Ozzy Scream was 15 for the double LP which was a great price and War of Ages was 5.99
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Man I was nearby yesterday, should've stopped by to beat you to it! :-P Great finds.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Nice score on the House of Lords.

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 1:23 pm

Yeah, they will have some killer stuff there. That's where I picked up a lot of earlier Accept and Loudness. The AC/DC slot has been empty lately... just want to pick up Flick Of The Switch Smile
Found some rare prog there and hard rock, It's where I found my Ethos and Hydra albums.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 10:07 pm

Used to live near Sacramento. I remember The Beat. Looking it up, I guess it's closed now. That was a very cool store. I remember taking advantage of the turntables they had to listen to records before buying. I don't recall too many store at that time having record players for the customers. I'd have a stack of records and give each a quick listen. Bought some fairly obscure records there that I dug the first time I heard them at The Beat.

Then there was "Records" on K Street. I'd park in the parking garage at the mall, have a "Spinners" cinnamon roll to get my parking ticket validated, and walk to "Records." I bought so much vinyl there. The guy would always round down the prices, too. I remember the blue-eyed cat that would sleep amongst the records. The last time I went there, it was a shell of its former self. Kinda glad I no longer live there.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:30 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Used to live near Sacramento. I remember The Beat. Looking it up, I guess it's closed now. That was a very cool store. I remember taking advantage of the turntables they had to listen to records before buying. I don't recall too many store at that time having record players for the customers. I'd have a stack of records and give each a quick listen. Bought some fairly obscure records there that I dug the first time I heard them at The Beat.

Then there was "Records" on K Street. I'd park in the parking garage at the mall, have a "Spinners" cinnamon roll to get my parking ticket validated, and walk to "Records." I bought so much vinyl there. The guy would always round down the prices, too. I remember the blue-eyed cat that would sleep amongst the records. The last time I went there, it was a shell of its former self. Kinda glad I no longer live there.

Records was moved to the old Tower video location on Broadway and Land Park. It was still open when I moved in 2010.  Maybe Chewie might know if it is still open ?

I used to buy vinyl at The Beat a lot....like you discovered it closed when looking up the address for Bill when he asked for places to shop in the first post of this thread.  I have seen that they still sling product on Ebay though.

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:42 pm

James B. wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:

Records was moved to the old Tower video location on Broadway and Land Park. It was still open when I moved in 2010.  Maybe Chewie might know if it is still open ?

I used to buy vinyl at The Beat a lot....like you discovered it closed when looking up the address for Bill when he asked for places to shop in the first post of this thread.  I have seen that they still sling product on Ebay though.

Records moved down on Broadway and 16th/Land Park and is now called Rare-Street Records. There is actually a Dimple Store on that corner and Records is on the other side of the book store(The Avid Reader). In fact, I bought a couple of records from there earlier this month(?).

Yea, The Beat is gone........ They closed down about a year or so ago.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 10:00 pm

There was a record store in Old Town I remember walking from the K Street mall in the opposite direction from the old "Records" store. It wasn't cheap like "Records" but had more quality stuff. I bought a vinyl copy of Lizzy Borden's Menace To Society there. I don't remember the name. Does anyone know if it is still around?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 11:56 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
There was a record store in Old Town I remember walking from the K Street mall in the opposite direction from the old "Records" store. It wasn't cheap like "Records" but had more quality stuff. I bought a vinyl copy of Lizzy Borden's Menace To Society there. I don't remember the name. Does anyone know if it is still around?

It was still open when I moved out of state in 2010.  It was downstairs back in the alley.  They always had the deal of buy two and get one free of equal or less price and the spend 20 bucks and get 10 % off or something like that.  I liked that they sold the records with the thick plastic sleeve over the covers. A nice touch.

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento California record stores?   Sacramento California record stores? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacramento California record stores?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: