Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band Empty
PostSubject: ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band   ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 12:25 am

Anyone heard these guys?

They sing in French, which I know some of you may not like but the music is so damn good it is a mixture of early 80s Metallica / Exodus and Iron Maiden. You cannot go wrong with what these guys were doing back then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKThywTdh5g
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band   ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 12:44 am

The only comparison to Maiden, Metallica, or Exodus is that this came out in 1985. IMHDO

The song title is translated as "The Scourge Of The Gods"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band   ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:22 am

Love "Executioner". Other albums don't strike me in any way for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band   ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:27 am

Their first 3 albums,Execution(1985),La Terreur(1986) and Suprematie(1987) are excellent speed metal sung in french, very well played, and with a unique old school charm; they signed to Noise Records for their 4th album, and were asked to sing in english; the result,Weird Visions(1990), is a good album, but nowhere near the level of the first 3 albums. I didn't sold well enough, and the band broke up....then came back 7 years later.

Nowadays, the band still plays some shows, mostly in France; i saw them twice in the last 5 years and the shows were great fun.

By the way, i don't think that they sound like Metallica or Exodus at all. They're much more melodic, traditional metal, even if they're pretty aggressive.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band   ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADX - Frech Speed/Thrash band
Page 1 of 1