Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suicidal Tendencies- 13

Go down 
+12
Shawn Of Fire
EmoElmo
Eyesore
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
exact33
James B.
metalinmyveins
ZombieHavoc
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Join the Army, How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today, Controlled by Hatred/Feel Like Shit...Déjà Vu, Lights...Camera...Revolution, and The Art of Rebellion—you can't go wrong with any of those albums.

very true. Such great albums!

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Haven't heard the new stuff yet. I used to like Lights Camera Revolution but listened to it not too long ago and actually hated it except 2 songs. I still love How Will I Laugh Tomorrow though!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:45 pm

I always wondered how much fun a Ramones show would be with Suicidal tendacies opening or visa/versa.

As old as Mike Muir is getting, he should rename the band something like Alzheimer Tendacies or Erectile Dysfunctional Tendacies ?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:10 pm

James B. wrote:
I always wondered how much fun a Ramones show would be with Suicidal tendacies opening or visa/versa.

As old as Mike Muir is getting, he should rename the band something like Alzheimer Tendacies or Erectile Dysfunctional Tendacies ?

With his two back surgeries, how about Discectomy Tendencies?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:22 pm

James B. wrote:
Tons of fun...until the Ramones took the stage. Then...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 6:55 pm

Bumping this 'cause I just got a copy. Lucky low-ball bid.

Anyway, like any good ST album should do, this new(-ish) album makes me want to break stuff. Not many albums can do that these days. Adele maybe. But for different reasons.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 1:30 am

13 is a really good album. Nice return to metal form.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 12:04 pm

New Suicidal tune...'Clap Like Ozzy'

Hell yea. I do believe Dave Lombardo is behind the kit for the upcoming album as well for those that care.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Dumb song title, heh, but yeah, the song rips.

Looking forward to this album now--I didn't even about it until I saw your post, so thanks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 12:44 pm

No problem.

I thought I was over these guys too, but their last album, 13, was surprisingly good. And seeing them open for Megadeth a few months ago certainly helped re-kindle my interest. I'll be in for a new album. Why not?

I believe the new album, World Gone Mad, comes out in late(?) September.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 12:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
No problem.

I thought I was over these guys too, but their last album, 13, was surprisingly good. And seeing them open for Megadeth a few months ago certainly helped re-kindle my interest. I'll be in for a new album. Why not?

I believe the new album, World Gone Mad, comes out in late(?) September.

Sept. 30 was the date I saw when looking it up a few minutes ago.

13 was so good and the first album I bought from them since....Still Cyco, I'd say. 13 was one of my faves the year it came out.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:16 pm

Love the new song. I couldn't care less about titles and lyrics, so whatever on that front. I dig punk ST, but when they do the metal-infused stuff they're gold.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:20 pm

To tide you over while you wait for the new ST album, listen to the Negative Self album:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Love the new song. I couldn't care less about titles and lyrics, so whatever on that front. I dig punk ST, but when they do the metal-infused stuff they're gold.

I don't care about titles and lyrics (I mean, unless they are, like, you know, nazi lyrics or something), but as with album covers and what not--they are going to be discussed...because talking about music and albums and bands and that which is related is fun.

S/T ST is always going to be my favorite, and I wish they had done more albums that were just straight up punk, but Join the Army balanced it enough with metal and Lights Camera is one of the best thrash albums ever so it all evens out in the end.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:33 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
To tide you over while you wait for the new ST album, listen to the Negative Self album:

Man, that is good stuff! I will be checking out more. Never heard ST-worship like that before.

And since we are talking ST, I still really wish this comp would get a reissue...either on CD or even a RSD vinyl or something:

Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 -
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:36 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Were these guys an ST tribute band in the past? What's with Swedish guys dressing like Cholos? Laughing

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 3:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Were these guys an ST tribute band in the past? What's with Swedish guys dressing like Cholos? Laughing

Smile

The lead singer for Negative Self is Andreas Sandberg who was the lead singer for Dr. Living Dead - he was billed as Dr. Ape in that band and they dress like this:

Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 102731_photo

So I guess they really, really, really like ST and Andreas really, really, really sounds like Mike Muir.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:06 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Wow! I thought this was an old band that flew under my radar somehow, but their debut came out in 2015! That is some serious Suicidal influence. Can you even call it "influence?" It's more like plagiarism, like '77 and AC/DC. Haha.

Sounds really good, though. I'll be buying it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suicidal Tendencies- 13
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2