Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Bon Jovi out.

Go down 
+15
tohostudios
thejokeriv
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
SpectreFate
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Eyesore
Gilbert
Witchfinder
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Dark Horseman
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I'm pretty sure I remember all the mags saying Bon Jovi was heavy metal. I don't get what you kids are calling metal these days.

You would be correct, but don't worry someone will tell us we are wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:52 pm

If someone asks me to play them a definitive heavy metal song I always choose "Livin' On A Prayer". Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:55 pm

S.D. wrote:
If someone asks me to play them a definitive heavy metal song I always choose "Livin' On A Prayer". Laughing very hard

The man has a point.

I don't think Bon Jovi could be labeled heavy metal even by Ult's 1970's standards.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:59 pm

S.D. wrote:

According to VH1 it does not get anymore metal then the story of Johnny and Gina
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:14 pm

You guys need bigger undies. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:01 pm

manny wrote:
S.D. wrote:

According to VH1 it does not get anymore metal then the story of Johnny and Gina

Laughing very hard

I remember they were called Pop Metal back in the day..... we just said it sucks
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:16 pm

So this new one continues along the lines of Lost Highway?

Damn, I might actually care then. I absolutely HATE HATE HATE vintage Bonjovi (right up ther (down there?) with Journey, Dave Matthews, Depeche Mode and Phil Collins for artists I hate.

THe only Bonjovi album I own is Lost Highway and I initially only bought it out of spite because all the normal fans hated it. Turned out I actually liked that album.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:27 pm

And for what it's worth (which is probably nothing), I find it completely ridiculous that this thread was moved to the " music that doesn't fall under the metal/hard rock umbrella" forum.
WTF "umbrella" are the "powers that be" choosing to classify Bon Jovi under this week??? Good Lord, I HATE Bon Jovi yet I'm forced into the position of defending them as hard rock (which they are, they're just shitty hard rock)

BTW, if Deep Purple ever releases a bluegrass album, any and all discussion about it better be in this forum or I'm crying foul. lol!

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:35 pm

I think having two separate forums for music is unnecessary, but that's the way it was laid out. If you look through the artists discussed in either forum you could make arguments that many could be moved here or there.

But all that does is start yet more "genre arguments" which are so beyond boring at this point it's like watching paint dry...

...or listening to a Bon Jovi album.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:44 pm

My work here is done Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
My work here is done Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:49 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think having two separate forums for music is unnecessary, but that's the way it was laid out. If you look through the artists discussed in either forum you could make arguments that many could be moved here or there.

But all that does is start yet more "genre arguments" which are so beyond boring at this point it's like watching paint dry...

Boy someone here is acting like a little Runaway!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:55 pm

S.D. wrote:

But this shouldn't have been moved here, so just move it back.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 pm

New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Office-space-boss6-1

Uhhhhh... yeaaaah. I'm gonna need you guys to let the music do the talking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:

No
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:11 pm

Now some of you need to change your undies. New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:20 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Is Bon Jovi metal?

They were never even remotely metal. I can see why some bands who aren't metal get labeled such (many of these bands have individual metal songs or have metal influences), but Bon Jovi has zero metal songs in their catalog and have zero metal influence, so I don't understand how they were ever considered metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:39 am

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

No
Then shut the f*ck up with your whining about genre arguments and stop being a dick, abusing your mod privileges.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 am

Jon Bon Jovi should be sealed in concrete and dropped into the ocean (Pacific, it's further away!) Not for the 30 years of crap or even the horrific romcoms, no the real reason I hate the man so much is one lyric from the godawful 'Bed of Roses' song!

'I wannaaa beeee as close aas the Holy Ghost iiiissssss' Aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!! New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 288219

This awful lyric is like fingernails down a chalkboard and makes me cringe every time I hear it, which is a lot as the radio station we listen to at work play it all the time.

Of course my hatred of the man has nothing to do with the fact that my long term girlfriend in the Eighties lurved him! (she even bought me one of those tasslely buckley leather jackets that I flatly refused to wear) Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:46 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Jon Bon Jovi should be sealed in concrete and dropped into the ocean (Pacific, it's further away!) Not for the 30 years of crap or even the horrific romcoms, no the real reason I hate the man so much is one lyric from the godawful 'Bed of Roses' song!

'I wannaaa beeee as close aas the Holy Ghost iiiissssss' Aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!! New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 288219

This awful lyric is like fingernails down a chalkboard and makes me cringe every time I hear it, which is a lot as the radio station we listen to at work play it all the time.

Of course my hatred of the man has nothing to do with the fact that my long term girlfriend in the Eighties lurved him! (she even bought me one of those tasslely buckley leather jackets that I flatly refused to wear) Evil or Very Mad

My girlfriend back then thought he ( she did not even acknowledge the rest of the band) was the hottest thing on Earth, despite this emotional trauma, I do like them, and yea his lyrics are cliche ridden but hell its Bon Jovi not Leonard Cohen!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:09 am

I went to an early show of theirs (Dallas 1985) and it wasn't for the music. Though I did/do like the tune "In And Out Of Love", as well as sporadic tunes here and there through the 1980's. I attended the show with Terry Glaze and besides Def Leppard shows I saw in So. Calif in 1982 and 1983.....there were more chicks there than an all girl parochial school. Laughing very hard

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 am

[quote]They were never even remotely metal. I can see why some bands who aren't metal get labeled such (many of these bands have individual metal songs or have metal influences), but Bon Jovi has zero metal songs in their catalog and have zero metal influence, so I don't understand how they were ever considered metal.[quote]
You say that because you're 27. Their early stuff was maybe pop metal but still a form of metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Then shut the f*ck up with your whining about genre arguments and stop being a dick, abusing your mod privileges.

You're so cute. greedy
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:37 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You're so cute. greedy
That's what everyone tells me.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You're so cute. greedy
That's what everyone tells me.

I will tell ya something too Laughing very hard

"ya called it as ya saw it, and made a valid point" cool

Still love ya Shawn don\'t know even though you are an elite snob (sometimes)

PostSubject: Re: New Bon Jovi out.    New Bon Jovi out.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Bon Jovi out.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next