Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazon's Cloud Player

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Amazon's Cloud Player Empty
PostSubject: Amazon's Cloud Player   Amazon's Cloud Player Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:11 am

I've been resisting it awhile, but they've finally fixed what I've been resisting about digital downloading. For a long time i've always been worried that I'd lose my files when my computer inevitably crashes.

A few weeks ago, Amazon sent me an email and alerted me that all the CDs I've bought from them are now located in my cloud player. Granted that's not a huge number, considering I usually bought used from the marketplace, however it was a nice gesture. So I put the Cloud Player app on my phone and I've been using it extensively at work.

Also very nice is many of their CDs qualify for the Auto Rip service, which means they give you the mp3 files when you buy a CD from them. The best part of that is the total doesn't take away from how many songs you can have on their free version. I like this because if my physical copy becomes damaged, lost or stolen I still have the songs.

Now I seriously doubt I'll become a digital only music collector, but its nice to have options, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Amazon's Cloud Player   Amazon's Cloud Player Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:15 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I've been resisting it awhile, but they've finally fixed what I've been resisting about digital downloading. For a long time i've always been worried that I'd lose my files when my computer inevitably crashes.

A few weeks ago, Amazon sent me an email and alerted me that all the CDs I've bought from them are now located in my cloud player. Granted that's not a huge number, considering I usually bought used from the marketplace, however it was a nice gesture. So I put the Cloud Player app on my phone and I've been using it extensively at work.

Also very nice is many of their CDs qualify for the Auto Rip service, which means they give you the mp3 files when you buy a CD from them. The best part of that is the total doesn't take away from how many songs you can have on their free version. I like this because if my physical copy becomes damaged, lost or stolen I still have the songs.

Now I seriously doubt I'll become a digital only music collector, but its nice to have options, that's for sure.

it is nice. I think it is a nice alternative to iTunes.

SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Amazon's Cloud Player   Amazon's Cloud Player Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:29 am

The web interface is clunky, but it's a nice service.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Amazon's Cloud Player   Amazon's Cloud Player Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:34 am

I don't use it much but it's a nice addition if I do lose my music i'd dl'ed. They even gave me a free album on it.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Amazon's Cloud Player   Amazon's Cloud Player Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:54 am

Get an external hard drive to back up your files, if you are worried about crashes. Heck - you can purchase one from your fav uncle for a couple hundred bucks and he would throw the rare 120,000 songs that are already on there for free!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazon's Cloud Player   Amazon's Cloud Player Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazon's Cloud Player
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: