Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Veil Brides-Surprising

Go down 
+17
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
SpectreFate
Orion Crystal Ice
Gilbert
deathisgain
stepcousin
ShadowAngel
metalhead777
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
manny
tohostudios
Wurthless
James B.
Dark Horseman
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:50 am

Except for a very rare occasion, the whole black hair, black finger nail polish, Nikki-Sixx look is just goofy as hell. I like my men oiled up slick and in loin cloths!

Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Manowar_Anthology
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:52 pm

I bought the new one, but haven't really listened to it yet, so I can't really comment on it. However, "Set the World on Fire" was one of my top five favorite albums of 2011.

I think the videos for The Legacy and Fallen Angels are both very cool.

I guess because I'm a product of the 70's and 80's, I like their image too. I've always liked bands with flash. I like rock stars to look like rock stars on stage, not like lumberjacks or my next door neighbor.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:27 pm

You know, we can mock their sense of style and bash their emo luring music. However, as the old saying goes: "I'm sure they cry all the way to the bank."
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:29 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
You know, we can mock their sense of style and bash their emo luring music. However, as the old saying goes: "I'm sure they cry all the way to the bank."

...to cash their mothers' SSI checks maybe. Musicians don't make money.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:44 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Go read this...
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t19400-5-things-record-labels-don-t-want-you-to-know-they-do

Wink

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:22 pm

I think their vocalist is lame. He's easily the worst part of the band.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 am

SpectreFate wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

...to cash their mothers' SSI checks maybe. Musicians don't make money.

No, musicians that play music most of us like don't make money. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 pm

I don't remember the last time I saw money for a show. lol! It would likely be so little that I'd probably just give it away.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I don't remember the last time I saw money for a show. lol! It would likely be so little that I'd probably just give it away.

Lucky ya were not in Hollywood back in themid/late 80's. The promoters had what was called pay to play. Made the promoters and club owners rich but cost most of the bands alot of cash. You'd get 25 to 50 tickets and pay for them upfront. The concept was that you'd sale those tix to your friends and make a few bucks in the process. The hassle was that you could sell all the tix but folks still couldn't get into the club because it was already full.

They'd get upfront cash from all 4 to 5 bands and then open the doors early and fill the club with the cover charge crowd. The biggest scam of all was that they'd add some real big name draw local band at the last minute so the club would fill up early. That last minute band didn't have to pay because they had a marquee name already that filled the club. The owners would make a killing on the cover charge and the money received from the original bands they booked. Then when the cycle was repeated, a band could no longer sell any of the tix given to them that they payed for because folks/friends were burnt out on getting gipped. Ya know drive from the inland areas to the basin and then not be able to see their friends band play anyways. It sucked

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Quote :
Lucky ya were not in Hollywood back in themid/late 80's. The promoters had what was called pay to play.

What makes you think they aren't still doing that today? Razz

As for the BVB, I kinda dig the look. It's cool in it's own sorta way. I just don't their sound jives with the look.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Oh, that. Yeah, that's a lot of fun, that describes every show except that 1. You don't know a legion of people who will buy unless you're in high school, and 2. Actually getting them to throw down $ up front and not wait until the day of the show is close to impossible. insane sign
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:56 pm

The other thing was that there were 10 other clubs within 6 blocks and dozens within 5 miles and so on and so on. Back then and there (The Strip and El Lay scene) ALL the clubs were packed to the rafters. The thing about trying to do that today is most club circuits are pretty dried up and people you sold tix too could get in the club with that ticket and see the show. Then it was almost impossible.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:17 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Saw them live at the Sweden Rock Festival in 2011 and we had a good laugh. Horrible posers and live even worse than in the studio. They look like Poison and sound like shit yet think they are credible rockers lol!

metalhead777 wrote:
Friends with an Emo scene girl who loves them. The typical "their lyrics are so deep and speak to me" thing that angsty teenage girls love.
Meh.

Yes, they are very popular with teenagers and the emo crowd as far as i can tell.

The only thing to LOL at is your post lol!

This band has great potential and are only getting better. I just never understood the people online who sit at their computer and put down others who are doing what they love and achieving their goals and dreams. WHo are you to say they are a credible rocker? How are they posers? Ignorance is bliss....
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:53 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Their opinion is just as valid as yours, mine or anybody elses

and "Ignorance" is a kick @$$ album by Sacred Reich

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:59 am

Quote :
I just never understood the people online who sit at their computer and put down others who are doing what they love and achieving their goals and dreams.

One of my goals and dreams is to make fun of Black Veil Brides. Don't oppress me.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
I just never understood the people online who sit at their computer and put down others who are doing what they love and achieving their goals and dreams.

One of my goals and dreams is to make fun of Black Veil Brides. Don't oppress me.

Not to mention, finger pointing then they call them ignorant, kinda/sorta pot calling kettle black.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:51 am

James B. wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Their opinion is just as valid as yours, mine or anybody elses

and "Ignorance" is a kick @$$ album by Sacred Reich

Opinion? Where did you see that?

I also used the saying Ignorance is Bliss, not once did I say anyone was ignorant Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:35 am

MetalRob331 wrote:

This band has great potential and are only getting better.

That is opinion.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:06 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Opinion? Where did you see that?

Your own words...
Quote :
The only thing to LOL at is your post

This band has great potential and are only getting better. I just never understood the people online who sit at their computer and put down others who are doing what they love and achieving their goals and dreams. WHo are you to say they are a credible rocker? How are they posers? Ignorance is bliss....

The above post is your opinion of what others opinion(s) are. So that is why I said theirs is just as valid as yours or mine. Pretty self-explanitory.

Then you ask me this...
[quote]I also used the saying Ignorance is Bliss, not once did I say anyone was ignorant Wink

Why would you use that saying at the end of a post talking of the actions, thoughts, views/opinions of others if not refering to them ? Context is a word for a reason and it is quite beneficial in helping something be understood correctly. Be it by others or yourself.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:38 pm

I was frankly asking where you seen an opinion in their post, not mine!! Bashing bands online is pointless. Bashing anything online is pointless. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say...

Unfortunately, that's just the world we live in...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:57 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I was frankly asking where you seen an opinion in their post, not mine!! Bashing bands online is pointless. Bashing anything online is pointless. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say...

What?!! scratch

The world that we live in is one where people aren't allowed to say that they don't like something? Since when?

I generally don't comment on bands like this because they aren't aimed at me, I'm not a teenage girl. But your post has compelled me to voice my opinion.

They are utter poo! Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 288219
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:52 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Bashing bands online is pointless.

In your opinion.

MetalRob331 wrote:
Bashing anything online is pointless.

In your opinion.

MetalRob331 wrote:
If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say...

In your opinion.

MetalRob331 wrote:

In your opinion.

Do you see the pattern?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:13 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Do you see the pattern?

perfect place for somebody to say "Ignorance is bliss" but I have been an butt dance way too much lately.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:44 pm

They're kind of a mix of power metal/glam metal/metalcore. I like them when they aren't using the metalcore influence so much. I think they are slowly getting away from that and embracing their glam influences more. They are definitely Crue-heads and have said so.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
They're kind of a mix of power metal/glam metal/metalcore. I like them when they aren't using the metalcore influence so much. I think they are slowly getting away from that and embracing their glam influences more. They are definitely Crue-heads and have said so.
The latest one has very little metalcore influence and what is there is buried way down in the mix.

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Veil Brides-Surprising
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next