Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Empty
PostSubject: Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock   Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:33 am

Hasn't come up for awhile, I'm mentioning it because I pulled out an album from a band called "Life" (Sweden, 1972). I'd heard some of the louder songs on the album before, but never listened to the whole presentation. I was absolutely blown away by this album, it's mostly kind of haunting dirgy piano music with a few very heavy dark proto metal songs in the mix. Brilliant prog-rock. It made me think of the few other Scandinavian bands that I know of from that time, all pretty good. Titanic, November, Aunt Mary, Ruphus, maybe Jerusalem a little later. I can't think of any more but I know a couple of you are experts so any recommendations are welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock   Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:57 am

Sounds interesting. Is the album self-titled?
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock   Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:06 am

I think the CD I have might be a comp of two albums (17 songs), and I think it's called "Version CD", but it's hard to tell because some of it's in Swedish! Yes I think you in particular might like it, lots of piano, some symphonic, and some very heavy rock. Most of it works well together too, although there are a couple of oddballs in the mix.
All of the Scandinavian bands from back then that I know of were very diverse in different ways, I expect they didn't have any formula to work off unless it was maybe some Krautrock.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock   Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:38 am

Sounds very interesting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock   Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:52 am

Full album here:

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock   Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Difference from Norway

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock   Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:31 pm

St. Helena

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock   Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:42 pm

Fleur De Lis from Denmark

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock   Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Junipher Greene, Norway

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock   Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:53 pm

I like that Life and Difference!

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock   Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:45 am

I remember Host being pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock   Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early 70's Scandinavian Hard Rock
Page 1 of 1