Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scandinavian Metal Praise

Go down 
+4
Thrasher73
tohostudios
brokentulsa
muckie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Scandinavian Metal Praise Empty
PostSubject: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 10:08 am

http://www.scandinavianmetalpraise.com

For those who like their metal with faith and devotion. I find it kind of interesting. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 11:54 am

I liked the first album but not the second one so much..
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 12:31 pm

Finally!  The first track in that link.  I've always said some band should do that; take some of the "classic" hymns I grew up singing in church and "metalize" them.   A lot of those songs are right up my songwriting alley with memorable, catchy choruses like "Power In The Blood".  I clicked on that as soon as I saw it hoping that's what it would be.

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 5:52 pm

I thought this was going to be an appreciation for all the classic Scandinavian metal bands such as Heavy Load. confused
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 3:49 am

Sounds good to me. Traditional hymns rocked out! The only other one I can think of that does it right is Theocracy with their Christmas hymns.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 7:02 am

Actually, Bad Religion's Christmas album is surprisingly good too.  And they sing a lot of the second and third verses of the songs and don't change "God" or "Jesus" to "He" like a lot of secular bands do when they sing hymns

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Not bad. I had no idea this existed in the world. Thanks, muckie.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 5:28 pm

I wish Trans Siberian Orchestra would try something like this. They have such a way with "traditional songs" that I bet they could do killer covers of traditional hymns. And I'm talking about the upbeat ones not songs like "Old Rugged Cross". Songs like "Christ Arose". Even as a kid I remember thinking "I wish this song was done in a rock style". It has a slower chorus and then punches in with a faster, more upbeat chorus "Up from the grave he arose....". Man, I can hear a metalized version of it in my head. I wish I could play the guitar...

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Very cool! I might buy that, if it's in cd form.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 1:58 am

tohostudios wrote:
I wish Trans Siberian Orchestra would try something like this.  They have such a way with "traditional songs" that I bet they could do killer covers of traditional hymns.  And I'm talking about the upbeat ones not songs like "Old Rugged Cross".   Songs like "Christ Arose".  Even as a kid I remember thinking "I wish this song was done in a rock style".  It has a slower chorus and then punches in with a faster, more upbeat chorus "Up from the grave he arose....".  Man, I can hear a metalized version of it in my head.  I wish I could play the guitar...

I hear ya Toho. When I was a teen I would stand in church every Sunday morning thinking those songs needed rocking out. Victory in Jesus would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 12:21 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I wish Trans Siberian Orchestra would try something like this.  They have such a way with "traditional songs" that I bet they could do killer covers of traditional hymns.  And I'm talking about the upbeat ones not songs like "Old Rugged Cross".   Songs like "Christ Arose".  Even as a kid I remember thinking "I wish this song was done in a rock style".  It has a slower chorus and then punches in with a faster, more upbeat chorus "Up from the grave he arose....".  Man, I can hear a metalized version of it in my head.  I wish I could play the guitar...

I hear ya Toho. When I was a teen I would stand in church every Sunday morning thinking those songs needed rocking out. Victory in Jesus would be awesome!

I'm with you guys. I still think that...Every...Single...Sunday...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 2:43 pm

"Victory In Jesus", "Onward Christian Soldiers", "Battle Hymn Of The Republic"...all done in a Sabaton style. Any of the songs about victory, freedom, spiritual battles, armor of God, etc. You could probably come up with a whole album of songs like that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 3:19 pm

That is an interesting concept. I really like the sounds of those.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 4:06 pm

Ever heard the hymn "Refiner's Fire"? A rock/metal version of that one would work well IMO.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 6:27 pm

Wow.  I went to the band's SoundCloud page.  The power metal version of "Leaning On The Everlasting Arms' is great. If the whole album consisted of hymns like that I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 11:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wow.  I went to the band's SoundCloud page.  The power metal version of "Leaning On The Everlasting Arms' is great.  If the whole album consisted of hymns like that I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

All of the songs sound pretty good to me. I listened to the album on Soundcloud. Good stuff! They also do version of Via Dolorosa.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 2:37 am

Been listening to this recently alongside the more mellow, traditional gospel/hymns during my emotional and spiritual recovery as of late. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scandinavian Metal Praise
Page 1 of 1