Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy

Go down 
+14
corplhicks
EmoElmo
Required Fields
ultmetal
Lurideath
SideShowDisaSter
James B.
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
Eyesore
Thrasher73
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 9:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :
Dark Horseman wrote:
I really liked the first album. What is with all these new bands that can't even hold a core group of guys together for two albums?
Because music fans have stopped supporting music and musicians can barely make a living anymore.
But these young guys are supposed to enjoy living on Ramen and crashing at friends houses. :lol!:Before thrash broke isn't that what the old bands were doing?
Funny you say that, but I think that's part of the problem too. Sure, the music industry is dying, but I also think kids today just don't have the testicular fortitude to stick with anything for more than 15 minutes. There is a whole generation of people that grew up in the "instant gratification" era and if they don't make it "big" right away, they just give up and move on to something else.

Slogging it out in sh*tty clubs & bars in front of 15 people, traveling 300 days a year in a van for what amounts to very little is a tough gig. I get that. But if it doesn't happen right away, they bail.
That is surely a big part of it, yeah. But even comparing what a band makes today to what they made 20 or 30 years ago, it's a huge difference. Bands might have been living off of Ramen in the 80s, but they were also blowing loads of money on booze, drugs and whores. Bands today don't have that kind of money to throw around.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 am

It's one of those ... ''playing - is - good - but - the - songs - kinda - sound - d'same '' albums, listened to the scene samples .... I wish they added more variety to it. killer production, tight intense riffing, except...uhm...you know
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:39 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
It's one of those ... ''playing - is - good - but - the - songs - kinda - sound - d'same '' albums, listened to the scene samples .... I wish they added more variety to it. killer production, tight intense riffing, except...uhm...you know
Musically, I don't think they sound the same. The singer is definitely not a very dynamic singer, which can be said for pretty much every thrash singer in existence.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 3:57 am

Just came here to say this album is mindblowing.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 4:15 am

Stuart: Here, Sheldon, I pulled the new Hellboy for you. It's mind-blowing.

Sheldon Cooper: Excuse me! Spoiler alert!

Stuart: But I didn't spoil anything.

Sheldon Cooper: You told me it's mind-blowing, so my mind is going into it pre-blown, and once a mind is *pre*-blown, it cannot be *re*-blown.

Stuart: I'm sorry.

Sheldon Cooper: Said the Grinch to Christmas.

I hope you get the message corplhicks! Mad

just kidding
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:23 am

corplhicks wrote:
Just came here to say this album is mindblowing.

i got both hatchet albums at the same time and both are excellent.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 7:37 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Stuart: Here, Sheldon, I pulled the new Hellboy for you. It's mind-blowing.

Sheldon Cooper: Excuse me! Spoiler alert!

Stuart: But I didn't spoil anything.

Sheldon Cooper: You told me it's mind-blowing, so my mind is going into it pre-blown, and once a mind is *pre*-blown, it cannot be *re*-blown.

Stuart: I'm sorry.

Sheldon Cooper: Said the Grinch to Christmas.

I hope you get the message corplhicks! Mad

Worry ye not, Dallas. You will hear and this is what will happen:

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch Big Bang Theory on Hulu...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 4:33 pm

Bump for new album info, Fear Beyond Lunacy Oct. 30th, and single...

Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Hatchetfearbeyondcd
"Fear Beyond Lunacy" track listing:

01. Where Time Cannot Exist
02. Living In Extinction
03. Lethal Injustice
04. In Fear We Trust
05. Killing Indulgence
06. Dead And Gone
07. Tearing Into Hell
08. Prophet Of Delusion
09. The World Beyond
10. Frozen Hell (bonus track)
11. Awaiting Evil (bonus track) **

** Available only with purchase of vinyl edition

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 4:56 pm

That sounded pretty good. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:50 pm

One of my favorite of the newer thrash bands.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:34 am

Interesting. I already own awaiting evil, which is a very good speed metal album.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 4:59 am

Sounds like Hatchet! I'll pick it up at some point.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 10:31 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
That sounded pretty good.  Thanks for sharing.

My pleasure. I've sort of lost interest in these guys (and the whole "new wave of thrash" in general), but I knew they had some fans here that would be interested.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 10:34 am

I was wondering the other day when a new album from one of the retro thrash bands was going to come around. I assume the whole thing is fading somewhat because I haven't heard much news on this front recently.

2 years ago we all talked about the samey-ness of this stuff (see the 2013 posts prior to MetalGuy's info on this new album). I doubt much has changed for anyone since then.

Of course the track sounds fine. Just fine. It's funny though because I listened to Awaiting Evil the other day, and that was the first time I listened to Hatchet probably since around when this thread was originally started.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:23 am

I picked up a cheap used copy of their Awaiting Evil CD a few months ago... it's decent enough but nothin' that made me wanna rush out and collect the rest of their discography.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I picked up a cheap used copy of their Awaiting Evil CD a few months ago... it's decent enough but nothin' that made me wanna rush out and collect the rest of their discography.

I liked that the first album had a singer with a unique voice that made them stand out a little more from some other shouters in the lot. When he left the band, so did my interest.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 5:36 pm

i liked the new song. Mark me down for this one.

choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 1:09 am

I heard a few minutes of the first song and I found it very boring.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2