Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly Hatchet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 12:10 pm

Picked up the DVD/CD release of "Flirtin' With Disaster-Live" this past weekend. For those who are Hatchet fans, if you don't have this, it's worth picking up. Founding member Dave Hlubeck is back in the band, along with longtime members Bobby Ingram (guitars), Phil McCormack (vocals), John Galvin (keys) and Shawn Beamer (drums). Haven't seen the DVD yet, but have been enjoying the CD.

Molly Hatchet Hatchet06pic
Back to top Go down

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 1:59 pm

What are these guys like ? I only have a 1 track promo "Warriors of Rainbow Bridge" but it ain't much to go on.

Edit **** the dumbass that I am decided to ask a stupid quesion before looking at the Metal Encylcipeadia that is Nolifetilmetal. me bad
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 6:45 pm

Molly Hatchet are very underrated I saw them a few years ago at the local state fair for like $5. I wasn't a huge fan at the time, but I went out that morning and bought there Greatest Hits disc to familiarize myself with their stuff. The show was great and they all signed my cd cover and were really nice guys and now I'm a huge fan. Anyway, the Flirtin' With Disaster - Live looks awesome, it's on my want list on La La so I will probably never get it, but who knows.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 9:54 am

Quote :
What are these guys like ?

Heavy heavy southern based rock some consider them southern metal. Good stuff!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 5:58 pm

I've posted about this Hatchet type thing I picked up recently too much already ("Ultra", from San Antonio). However I have a couple of further thoughts after a few listens.
1. It's fantastic. One of the best sustained assaults of southern rock I've ever heard. My only complaint is that some of the best songs are buried in the middle of the disc.
2. It's too good to be true. It says "These songs were recorded in Texas in 1975-77". Listening and reading between the lines, I almost suspect that these are not those recordings, way too clean for that. What I suspect is that the original songs were re-recorded recently by the band, kinda like what Axe and others have done. Can't prove it, I've been wrong about this before.
Didn't mean to step on your Hatchet thead Ult, but this is right exactly up their street.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:25 am

A little confused, is Ultra the name of the band?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 7:15 pm

Yeah, Ultra s/t. I went over the liner notes again, and it looks legit I guess. It's hard to believe that something as rockin' and well recorded as this sat on a shelf through the reigns of Hatchet and Blackfoot, but that seems to be what happened. Shame.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 10:57 am

Been on a bit of a Molly Hatchet trip for the last few days. Really diggin' the stuff Hatchet has done since adding Phil McCormack on vocals. Bobby Ingrams guitar work is great. Solid hard rock with that bluesy Southern sheen.

Devil's Canyon (1996)
Silent Reign of Heroes (1998)
Kingdom of XII (2001)
Warriors of the Rainbow Bridge (2005)

Two great live albums have come from this line-up as well:
Locked & Loaded (2003)
Flirtin' with Disaster-Live (2007)

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:07 am

Awesome band. I might have to check into this DVD, but not really a bog live fan..
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:51 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Awesome band. I might have to check into this DVD, but not really a bog live fan..

Do you have any of the recent studio albums?

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:47 am

ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

I have Warriors of the Rainbow Bridge

but mostly older releases..
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 12:00 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Warriors of the Rainbow Bridge is good, but I'd recommend checking out any of the other three. All can be found pretty cheap and all 3 are fantastic.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 12:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Warriors of the Rainbow Bridge is good, but I'd recommend checking out any of the other three. All can be found pretty cheap and all 3 are fantastic.

Which of the other 3 do u prefer? I will look into getting all of them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:01 pm

Tough call. All three end with fantastic acoustic versions of classic Molly Hatchet tracks. However, I might go with Devil's Canyon as it features a lot of those longer Southern rock jam songs.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Tough call. All three end with fantastic acoustic versions of classic Molly Hatchet tracks. However, I might go with Devil's Canyon as it features a lot of those longer Southern rock jam songs.

well Devil's Canyon it is, i love the jam songs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly Hatchet
Page 1 of 1