Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy

Go down 
+14
corplhicks
EmoElmo
Required Fields
ultmetal
Lurideath
SideShowDisaSter
James B.
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
Eyesore
Thrasher73
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Empty
PostSubject: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Quote :
HATCHET will release its sophomore album, "Dawn Of The End", on March 5 via The End Records. According to a press release, the CD "showcases a much more aggressive and professionally oriented band" than was the case on 2008's "Awaiting Evil".

"Dawn Of The End" track listing:

01. After The Dark
02. Silenced By Death
03. Screams Of The Night
04. Fall From Grace
05. Revelations Of Good And Evil
06. Signals Of Infection
07. Dawn Of The End
08. Sinister Thoughts
09. Welcome To The Plague
10. Vanishing Point

Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Hatchetdawn

Only one original member remains from their debut album Awating Evil, but the sound remains pretty much the same, Bay Area Thrash. The guitarist is now the vocalist as well.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:27 pm

I will check this out. I liked the first album (though I almost forgot it existed, I haven't listened to it in so long).

After a couple years went by with nothing new from them, I assumed they were done.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I will check this out. I liked the first album (though I almost forgot it existed, I haven't listened to it in so long).

After a couple years went by with nothing new from them, I assumed they were done.

I thought so too. Apparently they just stayed on the road and rotated through a bunch of different members.

I liked their debut well enough. Just played it about a week ago. But I dunno, I'm think I'm a little over this "new wave of thrash metal". It's all sounding kind of samey to me anymore. I'll hold onto the stuff I already have, but I don't know that I'll be rushing to add anymore new bands to my collection.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:05 pm

The samples sound really good. The guitar sounds way better than the flat tone they had on Awaiting Evil. I liked that album but the guitar tone sucked arse. They are a kickin band though.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm think I'm a little over this "new wave of thrash metal". It's all sounding kind of samey to me anymore. I'll hold onto the stuff I already have, but I don't know that I'll be rushing to add anymore new bands to my collection.

I agree, about everything being samey. I guess the same thing happened in the early 90s, too.

But I'm still willing to at least give things a shot on Spotify, so as not to miss the really good stuff that does come out and stand above the rest, like Vektor.

I'm also definitely willing to at least check out the new releases by some of the bands I liked a whole lot when this NWOTM started taking off. Municipal Waste, Evile and Gama Bomb, for example.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:50 pm

I was snapping things up left and right for awhile. But as I've started going back and re-listening to some, they just weren't holding my attention.

The thing with thrash metal for me, allot of it has sentimental attachement to it. Certain bands or songs bring back memories of a time & place in my life. And most of them are from the "classic" era of thrash. Even a new Megadeth album holds a certain value to me, even if it's not of the same caliber of old Megadeth. Or a new Testament or Anthrax album.

I just don't get that same feeling with these newer bands. Some of them are quite good, but it's just not the same. Ya dig?

I'll still give a listen to see if I'm missing anything good, but I won't be so quick to drop the coin.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Ya dig?

Definitely.

I don't think any of these records, no matter how fun, will ever be ranked among Among the Living, Seasons in the Abyss, and so on.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I liked their debut well enough. Just played it about a week ago. But I dunno, I'm think I'm a little over this "new wave of thrash metal". It's all sounding kind of samey to me anymore. I'll hold onto the stuff I already have, but I don't know that I'll be rushing to add anymore new bands to my collection.
Samey is thrash. It's the punk rock of metal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Eh, I don't know about that. Listen to any of the Big 4 or the second-tier guys (Overkill, Testament, Exodus, etc.) and they all have a distinctive sound. Yea, it's all thrash, but there is no confusing an Anthrax song with a Slayer song or an Overkill song.

Sure, most of that comes from familiarity with the bands. And maybe "samey" wasn't the right word. I explaind futher on about the nostalgic factor. I just won't get that with these newer bands.

I did think that Hatchet stood out above the pack for me. The original vocalist had a unique voice.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I personally disagree with the idea that punk rock is samey. Certainly some bands sound the same, but that's music.

Much nuance to be had in punk rock.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:56 pm

I really liked the first album. What is with all these new bands that can't even hold a core group of guys together for two albums?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Hey, I don't think there's anything wrong with "samey" sounding bands. I care about good music, and if a hundred bands are playing a similar style and cranking out good tunes, I down with that.

What I meant by my previous comment is that certain genres, thrash and punk among them, are much more confined than others.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I really liked the first album. What is with all these new bands that can't even hold a core group of guys together for two albums?
Because music fans have stopped supporting music and musicians can barely make a living anymore.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Thrash is no more confined than any other genre.

This does sound better than their old stuff to me. Kudos to them.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:51 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Ya dig?

Definitely.

I don't think any of these records, no matter how fun, will ever be ranked among Among the Living, Seasons in the Abyss, and so on.

There are a lot of albums I would put above "Among the Living".

HYPNOSIA - Extreme Hatred would be one of them.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Quote :
Dark Horseman wrote:
Because music fans have stopped supporting music and musicians can barely make a living anymore.
But these young guys are supposed to enjoy living on Ramen and crashing at friends houses. :lol!:Before thrash broke isn't that what the old bands were doing?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:19 am

I have a samey feeling with a lot of the new wave thrash myself. However, I thought bands like Hatchet and Mantic Ritual stood out among them. I will definatly check the new one out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:12 am

me like

glad the band didn't call it quits

these guys, Bonded By Blood, Fueled by Fire and Gamma Bomb are "some" of my favorite new-ish thrash bands

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:22 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :
Dark Horseman wrote:
But these young guys are supposed to enjoy living on Ramen and crashing at friends houses. :lol!:Before thrash broke isn't that what the old bands were doing?

Funny you say that, but I think that's part of the problem too. Sure, the music industry is dying, but I also think kids today just don't have the testicular fortitude to stick with anything for more than 15 minutes. There is a whole generation of people that grew up in the "instant gratification" era and if they don't make it "big" right away, they just give up and move on to something else.

Slogging it out in sh*tty clubs & bars in front of 15 people, traveling 300 days a year in a van for what amounts to very little is a tough gig. I get that. But if it doesn't happen right away, they bail.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Slogging it out in sh*tty clubs & bars in front of 15 people, traveling 300 days a year in a van for what amounts to very little is a tough gig. I get that. But if it doesn't happen right away, they bail.

The funny thing is that we did all that but honestly didn't care about making it big after awhile. The dope and the girls were prime motivation. A shame because it was a waste of time and talent in the end.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:33 am

James B. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

The funny thing is that we did all that but honestly didn't care about making it big after awhile. The dope and the girls were prime motivation. A shame because it was a waste of time and talent in the end.

But even the dope & girls excess is lost on today's generation. It's drilled into their heads from a young age that illegal drugs & illicit sex kills. Once those 2 prime motivators are nixed, what else is left? don\'t know

Eh, I could go on, but I'm sounding like my dad. "Bah, these kids today don't know nothing"

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:30 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Thrash is no more confined than any other genre.

This.

I'll check this out. The first album was good, but left me feeling a bit "meh" when all was said and done.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 10:52 am

I'm not really into this new thrash craze anymore either. There are a few newer bands I like and/or love but its all starting to sound samey. That's ok if you like hearing all the rehasher thrasher stuff, but not me anymore. Its just old I guess.

It don't carry the same feeling as thrash used to and most of these bands really don't have the thrash spirit, its mostly a trend in fashion!

I'll give this new Hatchet a chance though. Julian is a cool guy so I want to like it.

We (AoB) are playing with them in June in LA.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

This.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 6:39 pm

ultmetal, check your private messages.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy   Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hatchet *NEW ALBUM* Fear Beyond Lunacy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next