Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Virus - Lunacy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Virus - Lunacy Empty
PostSubject: Virus - Lunacy   Virus - Lunacy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 7:57 pm

I was in the local used shop today and among my purchases, I picked up a cd by the band Virus. The release is called Lunacy. I liked the look of the cover and I had the owner play me few tracks. It sounded like decent 80's thrash, so I picked it up. From what I can tell it was released in 1989 on the Metalworks label. Other than that, I have no knowledge of the band. Does anyone have any info on these guys?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Virus - Lunacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus - Lunacy   Virus - Lunacy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 8:11 pm

You LUCKY sod!! I've been looking for that disc for about 2 or 3 years now!

Virus were a thrash band from Britian. They played a Bay Area style of thrash. Their first 2 albums, Pray For War and Force Recon were both kinda raw and a bit loose, though decent enough. Those 2 were recorded in the mid to late 80's. Lunacy on the other hand was more refined and much tighter. Quite a good album actually!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Virus - Lunacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus - Lunacy   Virus - Lunacy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 9:20 pm

Sweet. I picked up a few cd's today, so it might be awhile before I can give it a good, solid listen, but from the clips I heard in the shop, it sounds cool.

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down

Virus - Lunacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus - Lunacy   Virus - Lunacy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 10:29 pm

Cool band. One of my favorites from the UK. I have all three of their albums on my computer. You picked up a gem of a disc, man. 🤘
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Virus - Lunacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus - Lunacy   Virus - Lunacy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 9:41 am

decapitate wrote:
Cool band. One of my favorites from the UK. I have all three of their albums on my computer. You picked up a gem of a disc, man. 🤘

On your computer? Thats cool:lol!:, i have them on vinyl´s🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Virus - Lunacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus - Lunacy   Virus - Lunacy Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:44 pm

I just picked up the same Virus CD this weekend for five bucks at a used CD store. Wasn't sure how rare it was, but for five bucks, I thought it was hard to lose. Glad to hear that it's rare!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Virus - Lunacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus - Lunacy   Virus - Lunacy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:44 am

I just recenlty gave this disc another spin. Good stuff, but one thing I did notice.

I'm usually not one to complain much about production values. My ears aren't as finely tuned as others for that sort of thing, but I gotta say this one is horrible. I really have to crank up the volume on this one to heard it.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Virus - Lunacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus - Lunacy   Virus - Lunacy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:13 am

Really sounds like you need to get rid of it! If you send it to me, that volume problem will be solved. Virus - Lunacy Icon_lol

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Virus - Lunacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus - Lunacy   Virus - Lunacy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:38 am

i own & love Pray For War. i'd love to grab this from you, if you'd let me though.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Virus - Lunacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus - Lunacy   Virus - Lunacy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:03 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Really sounds like you need to get rid of it! If you send it to me, that volume problem will be solved. Virus - Lunacy Icon_lol

I'd send it to down under, but I'm afraid a dingo might eat it before it got to ya. Virus - Lunacy Icon_razz

Virus - Lunacy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus - Lunacy   Virus - Lunacy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virus - Lunacy
Page 1 of 1