Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The vinyl collecting thread...

Go down 
+41
the sentinel
Thelemech
Required Fields
Vexer6
Runicen
Lovecraft
exact33
exanimate
Locky
journeyman
choosemetal
manny
mikeinfla
stepcousin
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
mlotek
brokentulsa
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
kropotkin
Boris2008
James B.
SpectreFate
thejokeriv
SwordsChains
Eyesore
Wargod
Fat Freddy
Wurthless
sovdat
DevZor
chewie
ZombieHavoc
Sutekh
Joe
ultmetal
Witchfinder
nevermore
jstate
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 6:50 pm

Just picked this up at a GW for cheap:
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 S210
Didn't expect to find these 78s in really good condition! Definitely gonna spin these!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 9:37 am

High Spirits - High Spirits - 7" clear vinyl, High Roller Records version
Night Demon - Night Demon - 12" black vinyl, High Roller Records expanded ep
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Let me ask you guys this... What do your wives think of your vinyl? I know mine is growing tried of the growing collection. Really nowhere left to store them. I have them in "milk crates" right now, which are fine but she says "no more milk crates". Not to mention our turntable and records are in our dining room (we usually spin records at dinner but less rockin' stuff like Sinatra or Miles Davis).
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 1:00 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Let me ask you guys this... What do your wives think of your vinyl? I know mine is growing tried of the growing collection. Really nowhere left to store them. I have them in "milk crates" right now, which are fine but she says "no more milk crates". Not to mention our turntable and records are in our dining room (we usually spin records at dinner but less rockin' stuff like Sinatra or Miles Davis).

Mrs. Witchfinder is fine with it. We live in a townhouse so I do a lot of my listening with headphones anyway. My LPs are stored in LP storage boxes in the basement so they are out of the way. She is more shocked by the endless stream of packages that hit our mailbox and porch everyday.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 1:48 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

My wife is fine with it as well. Are milk crates the only thing that you are storing them in? If so, I would suggest in getting an Ikea Expedit/Kallax(or two depending on how many Lps you have.). I use a 5x5 one in a music room.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 2:21 pm

I remember my friends making fun of me when I kept all of my vinyl in the 90s. Glad to see time prove them all wrong!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:51 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Anyone wondering about the Queen vinyl... Strange, but Amazon keeps jackin' the price anywhere from 7.99, 17.98, 24.98... I noticed today it is back at 7.99.

try here

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_23?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=queen%20news%20of%20the%20world%20vinyl&sprefix=queen+news+of+the+world%2Caps%2C245

or here

http://www.amazon.com/News-World-Vinyl-Queen/dp/B002E2M3KM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401988322&sr=8-1&keywords=queen+news+of+the+world+vinyl

I got it for the $8 price. Weird that it changes daily. My copy is suppose to arrive today.  Very Happy 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Anyone wondering about the Queen vinyl... Strange, but Amazon keeps jackin' the price anywhere from 7.99, 17.98, 24.98... I noticed today it is back at 7.99.

try here

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_23?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=queen%20news%20of%20the%20world%20vinyl&sprefix=queen+news+of+the+world%2Caps%2C245

or here

http://www.amazon.com/News-World-Vinyl-Queen/dp/B002E2M3KM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401988322&sr=8-1&keywords=queen+news+of+the+world+vinyl

I got it for the $8 price. Weird that it changes daily. My copy is suppose to arrive today.  Very Happy 

Good! Anyone who wants it should wait on that price drop! It is currently the best selling vinyl album on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 8:59 am

Mikeinfla, I'll definitely second the idea of the Ikea shelves. I use them for my records and my oversized cd box sets that won't fit on my CD shelves.

It looks like they're phasing out Expedit shelves though (which I have more than a few of) and have replaced them with Kallax shelves. The name sounds more metal, so I'll allow it. Overall, they look like the same thing under a new name.

This is what I started with and can be used vertically or horizontally. If the latter, you could easily put your stereo on top of it.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20275885/

I also have one of these for my "high density" storage. It's great, but unlike the smaller unit, you'll be hard pressed to move it up or down stairs assembled. I'm resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to attempt to disassemble it when I move next.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30275861/#/10275862
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:34 am

Cool, I look the wood colored one. Will have to check this out. I have also seen the "vinyl crates" sold at FYe, I like those too.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 3STRPEACH-2T

However, this one has poor reviews. looks cool tho.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:39 am

Here are a couple of samples from my new Zeppelin remasters

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 2:32 pm

Damn, YouTube blocked the first one!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Stone Dagger - The Siege of Jerusalem - 7"

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 O2yUrEC
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 8:40 pm

chewie wrote:
Just picked this up at a GW for cheap:
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 S210
Didn't expect to find these 78s in really good condition! Definitely gonna spin these!

Nice, pretty sought after in good condition too  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 11:27 pm

At Dimple on Vinyl:
Small Faces: Playmates
Loudness: Lighting Strikes

Today at GW, I found a couple of 78 books; One filled with Nat King Cole(Solo and Trio) stuff the other had assorted not so interesting things, buuuut two Dave Brubeck Trio 78s. For $2 each book, I had to get them. Came to about 20 cents for each disc.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 10:11 am

So I asked my wife on Saturday afternoon if she wanted to go into town and hit a record store or two. To my surprise, she said OK! Scored a few goodies...

Bloodrock - 3
Jeff Beck - Wired
Coney Hatch - Friction
Grand Funk - Closer to Home
Tokyo Blade - Black Hearts & Jaded Spades (surprised to find this one ins a used store)
Queensryche - Gonna Get Close to You (Double 7" single/1-studio 1-live) never even seen this one before.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Jimi Hendrix Band Of Gypsys on 180 gram RED vinyl! Brand new! But slightly warped which had me worried at first check out the video I made. Luckily it plays fine.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Very slight warp. Not bad at all.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:50 am

ultmetal wrote:
Very slight warp. Not bad at all.

I was worried at first but then when it played I was greatly relieved. I don't know how rare the red vinyl is but it may be pretty common I kept getting outbid on it during the last 30 seconds and it would really piss me off. Then I saw this new copy for $18 so I grabbed it "buy it now" because some of the used ones were going for as high as $25.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Judas Priest - Redeemer of Souls (2-LP, 150 gram vinyl, gatefold)

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:

BTW, I took a better look at that Get A Grip album and it is a promo cd inside a record sleeve.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:56 pm

chewie wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

BTW, I took a better look at that Get A Grip album and it is a promo cd inside a record sleeve.

Bummer! To good to be true. Haha!  Very Happy 

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 10:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
chewie wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Bummer! To good to be true. Haha!  Very Happy 

Seriously!!!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 am

Garage sale listed in paper as "no crap vinyl". Man he was right. 4 for 10 bucks picked some up and wanted more.

Rush - Exit Stage Left
Rush - All The Worlds A Stage
Bad Co - Bad Co
Doobies- Greatest Hits
Monkees - (forgot which one has Jones in title)
Knack - But The Little Girls Understand
Heavy Metal 2 LP Soundtrack

And a few more that slip my mind. One that I am scrstching my head over is The Knack. Don't know why I grabbed it, thought I was getting Rush Hemispheres. Oh well. Oh and got Best Of The Doors.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 9:08 pm

Magic Circle - Scream Evil - 7"
Eternal Champion - The Last King of Pictdom - 7"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The vinyl collecting thread...
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next