Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!

Go down 
+19
Vexer6
ultmetal
Citanul
jettafiend
Witchfinder
mc666
80s Metal Lady
James B.
Temple of Blood
Grimmo
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
firestarter
Coram Deo
Fat Freddy
jstate
SpectreFate
Required Fields
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:09 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I remember these guys. They used to advertise their albums in the back pages of "Circus" magazine back in the day.

Yep - Them and Kix. That is how I got into both of those bands back in the day. Then Kix "Blew Up" and I felt like I was losing a little something.
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:11 am

I had this cassette back then. Wish I could still find it.

Lord Tracy:

First song is nothing lilke the rest of the album.....But funny as hell......

Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:17 am

Lord Tracy is pretty well known in most circles of metalheads

Funny how Pantera kicked Terry to the curb cause record companies told them they'd never get a deal with him as front man and then he goes and joins another band and gets a deal before Pantera Laughing very hard

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:32 am

James B. wrote:
Lord Tracy is pretty well known in most circles of metalheads

Funny how Pantera kicked Terry to the curb cause record companies told them they'd never get a deal with him as front man and then he goes and joins another band and gets a deal before Pantera Laughing very hard

good to know.....I've never heard them mentioned, but then that doesn't always mean unknown.

Didn't know he was in Pantera....
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Here is a little gem of an album from up here in the PNW called Craving Theo. These guys made a pretty big splash up here in the late 90's and early 2000's but remain virtually unknown in the rest of the country. They are more hard rock (could be classified as alternative) than metal but there is an undeniable metal influence in the sound.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
best band name ever

I personally like anoter local bands name better, namely Brutallica! lol!

SpectreFate wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Here's Buttocks, from my town, Sarpsborg. I appologize for the video, and for providing SpectreFate and Uncle Saxon with their new favorite band.

Surprised they haven't caught on.

What do you mean, never caught on. They became famous all over Sarpsborg!

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Thanks Kmorg - I am now blind. WTF is that singer [and I use the term lightly] wearing?

He went under the name Torro, and he was a huge punk fan. You'd love the guy, John! I remember striking up a conversation with him over a bottle of moonshine, tinted with squeezed lemon (!!), and he knew some Christian metal bands even I had not heard about. And this guy was no Christian! Really cool guy, but yeah, a little out there. The and was never meant to be serious though, but their demo was played on all metal parties back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 1:44 am

Wolvengard - Canadian power metal. I wouldn't say they're anything special, but there's worse stuff out there.

Cold Hand Chemistry - South African female-fronted metal band in the Lacuna Coil/Within Temptation vein.

Haggis and Bong - I'm not sure if this counts as metal considering that they play bagpipes instead of guitars, but they fit the "no one's ever heard of" criterion.

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 am

Ded Engine should've been signed. Hot Shot is a great album. Still need to pick up Hold A Grudge.

Lord Tracy may not have been completely unknown but they were IMO completely under-rated. Fairly sure I got my copy of Deaf Gods from someone on here.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 2:55 pm

jstate wrote:

Lord Tracy may not have been completely unknown but they were IMO completely under-rated. Fairly sure I got my copy of Deaf Gods from someone on here.

I know I traded away my copy, that I got from Arttie, I think.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 5:23 pm

A band from my neck of the woods, Albuquerque, NM. ANGELS IN EXILE

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
A band from my neck of the woods, Albuquerque, NM. ANGELS IN EXILE

So, THAT is what that mass email was about! haha
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:07 pm

It was ok.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:12 pm

These guys are from my hometown:

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
It was ok.

That song is from their 1994 demo.

Metal novice
Metal novice
trock67

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Weeping Prophet- They were from Akron, OH. I got to see these guys everytime they passed through the Scarlet Cord teen center in good ol' Brookville, PA back in the late 90's. Great bunch of guys. I still have their demo.
Invid -An early 90's Pittsburgh metal band that I still have a demo from, who included Jason Myers of Icarus Witch fame in their ranks. I couldn't find anything on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Maybe these guys. Great US metal sound.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Here's another one: Prizoner from Cincinnati. I would hear radio ads for these guys all the time back in the 80s and early 90s. They were always playing some club in town but I never had any interest in seeing them. Fast forward to 2003 or so and I found a CD of theirs in a used bin. It's pretty decent hard rock.

Here's of video of them from 2012(!!) doing a cover of Victim of Changes"

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Good call on Coup de Grace, whoever posted it. The self-titled album is essential listening, in my opinion. Great stuff. The Art of Survival isn't as good, but not a bad album by any means.

Anyway, how about some local stuff?

Triphammer was from good ol' Brockton. That's John Falzone from Steel Assassin on vocals. This video was taken at Derringer's, which was also in Brockton. It was awesome for someone my age at the time. I would bet money that I'm at this show.

Anyway, they only ever put out two cassette demos, then at some point put them both on a comp CD. All are obviously long out of print. They were one of the best bands around here, though.

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Good call on Coup de Grace, whoever posted it. The self-titled album is essential listening, in my opinion. Great stuff. The Art of Survival isn't as good, but not a bad album by any means.

Those guys were friends of mine. Really, really good live band, too. They would play the circuit with Powermad, Disturbed, Soilent Green, Shredfit, Animosity, Impaler, etc.

I still have my copy of Art of Survival, and even after all of these years, I still can't get into it.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:53 pm

I wouldn't say NO ONE heard of these guys, but they were shuffled under the rug pretty quickly...

Vandenberg, Sarzo, Aldridge, and the guy from Little Caesar on vox.

MANIC EDEN

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:00 pm

Wow. Considdering the members, I expected that to be, well,...good. Imagine my disappointment.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:57 pm

mc666 wrote:
Nightmares End from Wisconsin. they released a demo & a pretty hard to find album in the 90's. i used to tape trade with their drummer Raven. they play a proggy/gothic sounding power metal. sort of like a Queensryche meets Fates Warning meets Nevermore.

Well, I heard these guys back in the day so they are disqualified from this thread. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:18 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Nightmares End from Wisconsin. they released a demo & a pretty hard to find album in the 90's. i used to tape trade with their drummer Raven. they play a proggy/gothic sounding power metal. sort of like a Queensryche meets Fates Warning meets Nevermore.

Well, I heard these guys back in the day so they are disqualified from this thread. Smile
then by that logic, if at least one other guy has heard it, then you must also "disqualify" these bands...

The Coup De Grace
Ded Engine
Daddy Raw
Slaughtered Grace
Cromlech
White Fear Chain
Lord Tracy
...i've heard of all these bands.

or perhaps you might not take the thread so literally. i just took it to mean bands that were definitely not well known by the mass metal crowd.

if i was mistaken, then f*ck me.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:23 am

I was joking dude.

They're a cool band, I'm glad someone else knows who they are and that they've been mentioned again. It's been a while since I thought about them.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:30 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I was joking dude.

They're a cool band, I'm glad someone else knows who they are and that they've been mentioned again. It's been a while since I thought about them.
my apologies. it's not often you present yourself in a jovial manner. i was caught off guard. i am certainly pleased someone acknowledged my otherwise ignored post.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next