Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2013 releases

Go down 
+22
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Dellocatus
manny
MEGATRON
nevermore
DallasBlack
ultmetal
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Shawn Of Fire
Dark Horseman
BearOnUnicycle
Wurthless
Stender
Witchfinder
James B.
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
mc666
thejokeriv
Boris2008
exact33
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

2013 releases - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:22 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm very curious what new FW will sound like?

Hopefully reminiscent of Arch/Matheos, just with Ray Alder on vocals. I could live with that.

That Arch/Matheos was supposed to be FW anyway...Ray was just unavailable and Jim didn't want to sit around and wait...so he asked Ray if it was cool if he got Arch to sing on it.

The material sounds like it was written for Arch exclusively. Can't really imagine Ray singing that.

It's a fact. I've heard Ray say it and Jim confirm it in interviews. Ray's work schedule kept him from recording when the band (Jim) was ready for him.

Also, I remember there being news about "New Fates Warning album coming"...then silence...then suddely "Arch Matheos album coming" with the same FW line up.

Really strange. Why they even decided to go back to that kind of sound, especially with Ray behind the mic. I hope the new album won't be in the same style. As much a fan as I am, I still consider their "best album" ATG a lot worse than whats came next.

I still haven't heard Arch Matheos as I am not a fan of Arch. But I've heard people say it sounds like later FW just w/ Arch singing. Now, I take what you're saying to mean that you think it's more old school...is that right?

When Jim brought in Arch, he let Arch write (I heard) and construct his own melody lines (which he lets Ray do too)...just the difference in style alone would give the album a completely different vibe regardless if they were singing over the same music.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

According to Robert Sweet's wife, the record company (Frontiers) wanted the re-records.

Probably cuz it's easier to get rack space in Wal-Mart and Best Buy for a "Greatest Hits" than an all new album.

I'm sure, plus Frontiers will want some money back on their investment and use those versions to license out for any movies/tv/video games/song-pop type stuff
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

According to Robert Sweet's wife, the record company (Frontiers) wanted the re-records.

Probably cuz it's easier to get rack space in Wal-Mart and Best Buy for a "Greatest Hits" than an all new album.

Well, with Frontiers it probably won't show up in any of those stores. I've found some suprising stuff at Wal-Mart & Best Buy, but never a Frontiers release. If I couldn't find the last Dokken CD (also Frontiers) in those stores, then a similarly well know band like Stryper probably doesn't stand a chance. But I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Quote :
I've found some suprising stuff at Wal-Mart & Best Buy, but never a Frontiers release. If I couldn't find the last Dokken CD (also Frontiers) in those stores, then a similarly well know band like Stryper probably doesn't stand a chance.

I got Dokken's last album at a Best Buy here in Joisey. Their "name" acts (i.e. Journey, Dokken, Night Ranger, etc.) tend to get better US distribution than the Crashdiets and so forth...though it would be pretty flippin' cool to find Crashdiet's new one at Walmart when it comes out!!

I've also seen the last couple of Stryper discs @ Walmart (they weren't signed to Frontiers at that point, but still)... so maybe someone in Sam Walton's family (or at least, whoever who handles their music distribution for New Jersey) is a Stryper fan. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:18 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm very curious what new FW will sound like?

Hopefully reminiscent of Arch/Matheos, just with Ray Alder on vocals. I could live with that.

That Arch/Matheos was supposed to be FW anyway...Ray was just unavailable and Jim didn't want to sit around and wait...so he asked Ray if it was cool if he got Arch to sing on it.

The material sounds like it was written for Arch exclusively. Can't really imagine Ray singing that.

It's a fact. I've heard Ray say it and Jim confirm it in interviews. Ray's work schedule kept him from recording when the band (Jim) was ready for him.

Also, I remember there being news about "New Fates Warning album coming"...then silence...then suddely "Arch Matheos album coming" with the same FW line up.

Really strange. Why they even decided to go back to that kind of sound, especially with Ray behind the mic. I hope the new album won't be in the same style. As much a fan as I am, I still consider their "best album" ATG a lot worse than whats came next.

I still haven't heard Arch Matheos as I am not a fan of Arch. But I've heard people say it sounds like later FW just w/ Arch singing. Now, I take what you're saying to mean that you think it's more old school...is that right?

When Jim brought in Arch, he let Arch write (I heard) and construct his own melody lines (which he lets Ray do too)...just the difference in style alone would give the album a completely different vibe regardless if they were singing over the same music.

It sounds to me like a logic continuation of their previous work with Arch , i.e. mind-bending, full of twists and turns with characteristic wails of John all over it
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I've found some suprising stuff at Wal-Mart & Best Buy, but never a Frontiers release. If I couldn't find the last Dokken CD (also Frontiers) in those stores, then a similarly well know band like Stryper probably doesn't stand a chance.

I got Dokken's last album at a Best Buy here in Joisey. Their "name" acts (i.e. Journey, Dokken, Night Ranger, etc.) tend to get better US distribution than the Crashdiets and so forth...though it would be pretty flippin' cool to find Crashdiet's new one at Walmart when it comes out!!

I've also seen the last couple of Stryper discs @ Walmart (they weren't signed to Frontiers at that point, but still)... so maybe someone in Sam Walton's family (or at least, whoever who handles their music distribution for New Jersey) is a Stryper fan. Very Happy

Typical, you yanks get the good stuff Very Happy . If it's not country or tejano music it doesn't get distributed around here. I can't stand most of the former and none of the latter. If not for used stores and people with good music taste selling off their collection, I'd have to order all my music online.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:30 am

Can't wait for a new heathen and sanctuary headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 releases
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3