Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re-releases

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Re-releases Empty
PostSubject: Re-releases   Re-releases Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 1:48 am

I just found out that a new Dutch label will re-release Possessed's 'Seven Churches' and Exodus' 'Bonded By Blood' on limited vinyl in a gatefold sleeve. (for those who are interested: http://www.monumentumrecords.com/)

What do you all think of re-releases? I think there is a lot of stuff out there that deserves a second chance and definitely not as some crappy bootleg release from Greece or some other country.

There is also a relatively new Dutch label that recently re-released some Dutch metal classics (rusty cage records) and they also signed some new talent.

Do you go for the originals (with absurd prices on ebay) or would you also be satisfied with a decent re-release?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Re-releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-releases   Re-releases Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 2:02 am

it's great for the band.. because new fans who haven't had the chance to buy, or can't afford the older stuff.. can buy with ease.

however i own both originals by both bands, so unless they repackage it with something phenominal. i won't be buying.

if i can get an original at a decent price, i'd rather buy it. however, i'll buy a reissue before paying outlandish prices. it's the music that matters in the long run. not the packaging.

Re-releases Empty
PostSubject: re-realse   Re-releases Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 2:44 am

i am not interested in any re-release album even if it has bonus tracks, more cool cover, packaging, sound or whatever. it is same with that i don't want to replace my black/white old photo with color one using photoshop.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Re-releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-releases   Re-releases Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 3:45 am

I go usually for 1st pressings, although I probably have more rereleased stuff than originals Sad Yeah, Rusty Cage rereleased some great stuff, but sadly with very cheap artwork ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Re-releases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-releases   Re-releases Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re-releases
Page 1 of 1