Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2013 releases

Go down 
+22
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Dellocatus
manny
MEGATRON
nevermore
DallasBlack
ultmetal
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Shawn Of Fire
Dark Horseman
BearOnUnicycle
Wurthless
Stender
Witchfinder
James B.
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
mc666
thejokeriv
Boris2008
exact33
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

2013 releases - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm

KHYMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! headbanger

That will either be one of the top albums of the year or the year's biggest dissapointment. As will Avantasia but I've only had a few years without something new from them while it's been half a decade since the AOR/MHR masterpiece The Greatest Wonder. Also with PC69, W.E.T., Pretty Maids, Helloween, Masterplan, Magnus, and Brother Firetribe , 2013 is shapping up to be mind numbingly fantastic!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm very curious what new FW will sound like?

Hopefully reminiscent of Arch/Matheos, just with Ray Alder on vocals. I could live with that.

That Arch/Matheos was supposed to be FW anyway...Ray was just unavailable and Jim didn't want to sit around and wait...so he asked Ray if it was cool if he got Arch to sing on it.

The material sounds like it was written for Arch exclusively. Can't really imagine Ray singing that.

My dream releases:

Fifth Angel, Lethal, Hittman, Heir Apparent, Wicked Maraya, Vicious Rumors (with Albert's son), Lizzy Borden, Malison Rogue, Manimal, Running Wild (which is announced, but the quality is questionable).

Anyway, FW is an album of the year already. One does not simply top that one.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm looking forward to new stuff from Saxon, Holy Grail, Enforcer, Alice In Chains , Ghost and Mastodon.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:55 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Hopefully reminiscent of Arch/Matheos, just with Ray Alder on vocals. I could live with that.

That Arch/Matheos was supposed to be FW anyway...Ray was just unavailable and Jim didn't want to sit around and wait...so he asked Ray if it was cool if he got Arch to sing on it.

Anyway, FW is an album of the year already. One does not simply top that one.

This dude is correct. Fates Warning is god-tier.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 2:46 am

I'm looking forward to the new Black Sabbath and Deep Purple albums. That's about it for me.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:11 am

MEGATRON wrote:
I'm looking forward to the new Black Sabbath and Deep Purple albums. That's about it for me.

Ditto
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:31 pm

There will be a new release by Airbourne in mid 2013. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:56 am

I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but the final album from Cathedral, The Last Spire, is due out in April. Their last couple albums have been stellar and I'm looking forward to this one even if it is their farewell.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 am

Stryper's new one, "Second Coming" (a collection of re-recorded oldies, with a couple of brand new songs) will be out in March, according to their FB page.

Michael Sweet wrote:
Why did we re-record old songs? That's a multiple answer question.
First, because we wanted to cut out the middle men and have a little more control over our own songs.

Second, we wanted to "fix" some things that have annoyed the "hell" out of us for the past 30 years such as: no bass in the mix of "TYABA" or "SUC" and no Tim on the mix of "THWTD". The fact that I sound a little more like a man instead of a helium induced kid at Disneyland:-) The sheer joy of still loving these songs and still being able to perform these songs (well, we'll let the experts @Blabbermouth be the judge of that). And last but not certainly least? We did it just because we wanted to:-)

So there you go, the mystery is over and the reasons have been revealed.

Seriously, we're really excited about this record. It's one of the few "re-records" that I believe will stand against any of the originals if not surpass them. If you liked "The Covering", you'll love "Second Coming"!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Stryper's new one, "Second Coming" (a collection of re-recorded oldies, with a couple of brand new songs) will be out in March, according to their FB page.

Michael Sweet wrote:
First, because we wanted to cut out the middle men and have a little more control over our own songs.

Second, we wanted to "fix" some things that have annoyed the "hell" out of us for the past 30 years such as: no bass in the mix of "TYABA" or "SUC" and no Tim on the mix of "THWTD". The fact that I sound a little more like a man instead of a helium induced kid at Disneyland:-) The sheer joy of still loving these songs and still being able to perform these songs (well, we'll let the experts @Blabbermouth be the judge of that). And last but not certainly least? We did it just because we wanted to:-)

Seriously, we're really excited about this record. It's one of the few "re-records" that I believe will stand against any of the originals if not surpass them. If you liked "The Covering", you'll love "Second Coming"!

...and the fact that they have no new songs to record... Smile
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 am

In the Eighties I really thought that Stryper would have been taken away with the Rapture by now.

Stupid slow Rapture! angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:54 am

Boris2008 wrote:
In the Eighties I really thought that Stryper would have been taken away with the Rapture by now.

Stupid slow Rapture! angry

lol!

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:25 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

...and the fact that they have "no" new songs to record... Smile

It did say a couple of new songs....(reading comprehension surprised )

I'd rather have a couple of "great" new tunes and some re-records than an album of a couple of great tunes and crappola. Thats just me

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:40 am

U.D.O are currently working on some new material.

BTW, where is the new Priest album? I've been waiting for it for an eternity.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:09 am

First two of the year already came in!

PROWLER - After You
REACTORY - Killed by Thrash

Two excellent releases from Slaney.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Michael Sweet wrote:

Oh, you mean besides the new record, with all new songs, the band starts recording February 3, scheduled for a 2013 release?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:58 am

For me there are quite a few I aM REALLY looking fwd to. Some are as yet untitled, but here's my list:

Black Sabbath - 13
Anvil - Hope in Hell
Aeternus – And the Seventh His Soul Detesteth
Gravehill - Death Curse
Avenger of Blood
Heathen
Anthrax
Behemoth
Belphegor
Carcass
Cathedral
Autopsy
Morgoth - Live album
Atheist
Pestilence - Obsideo
Queensryche
Deceased – Ghostly White
Coroner - DVD and live album
Entombed
Sanctuary – The Year the Sun Died[
Omen - Hammer Damage
Possessed
Dark Funeral
Necrophobic
Massacre
Manegarm
Motorhead
Bloodbath
Legion of the Damned
Deathchain
Panzerchrist
Deströyer 666 – Siege
Saxon - Sacrifice
Scorpions
Exhumed
Ghost - Infestissumam
Gospel of the Horns
Trouble
Turisas
Heathen
Helstar
Vader – Straight to Hell
Hypocrisy - End of Disclosure
Watchtower – Mathematics
T&N
Heathen
Whiplash – Old School American Way
Gorguts
Y&T
Kalmah
Judas Priest
Immolation
Helstar - new album and DVD
Impiety
Heretic
Viking
Swashbuckle
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 pm

kmorg wrote:

Oh, you mean besides the new record, with all new songs, the band starts recording February 3, scheduled for a 2013 release?

Suck it Stryper-boy! Wink
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:09 pm

As an '80s metal lady, I'm looking forward to the Scorpions' next album because it's supposed to have unreleased songs from their 1980s albums.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:27 pm

Lurideath wrote:
For me there are quite a few I aM REALLY looking fwd to. Some are as yet untitled, but here's my list:

Black Sabbath - 13
Anvil - Hope in Hell
Heathen
Anthrax
Carcass
Cathedral
Queensryche
Sanctuary – The Year the Sun Died
Manegarm
Motorhead
Saxon - Sacrifice
Scorpions
Turisas
Whiplash – Old School American Way
Y&T
Judas Priest

Looks like an even more stellar year than I thought with some of those not in the initial list (unless I just overlooked them-there was a lot in that list after all). Some suprises with Turisas (the last one was one of my top 10 albums of that year) and Sanctuary (didn't know Warrel Dane re-united them-probably was a thread about that but I either never saw it or forgot about it).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Just looked on Wikipedia for Sanctuary. I do remember reading around here that he was bringing them back but that was announced was back in 2010 so naturally I forgot. Also that was the first time I found out about that band and I never even got an album until recently.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

The material sounds like it was written for Arch exclusively. Can't really imagine Ray singing that.

It's a fact. I've heard Ray say it and Jim confirm it in interviews. Ray's work schedule kept him from recording when the band (Jim) was ready for him.

Also, I remember there being news about "New Fates Warning album coming"...then silence...then suddely "Arch Matheos album coming" with the same FW line up.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

It's a fact. I've heard Ray say it and Jim confirm it in interviews. Ray's work schedule kept him from recording when the band (Jim) was ready for him.

Also, I remember there being news about "New Fates Warning album coming"...then silence...then suddely "Arch Matheos album coming" with the same FW line up.

Really strange. Why they even decided to go back to that kind of sound, especially with Ray behind the mic. I hope the new album won't be in the same style. As much a fan as I am, I still consider their "best album" ATG a lot worse than whats came next.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:16 pm

kmorg wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Michael Sweet wrote:

According to Robert Sweet's wife, the record company (Frontiers) wanted the re-records.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:22 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

According to Robert Sweet's wife, the record company (Frontiers) wanted the re-records.

Probably cuz it's easier to get rack space in Wal-Mart and Best Buy for a "Greatest Hits" than an all new album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 releases   2013 releases - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 releases
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next