Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who knows anybody famous?

Go down 
+13
exact33
Leatherface
mc666
Witchfinder
manny
adrian
Shawn Of Fire
James B.
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:29 pm

The singer you are refering to didn't join Pantera till 1988. When I was hanging out, Terry Glaze was the singer and they sounded nothing like they did on Cowboys From Hell and onward.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:46 pm

James B. wrote:
The singer you are refering to didn't join Pantera till 1988. When I was hanging out, Terry Glaze was the singer and they sounded nothing like they did on Cowboys From Hell and onward.

Right man, no I didn't know that. I knew they were a glam act with Rex Rocker on bass, but never bothered to listen to that era. of Pantera.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:19 pm

i got to hang with Anselmo after a Superjoint Ritual show years ago. he was cool with us. he sat & had a beer with us & told us some old stories. we even passed a doob around. it was chill.

i was friends with the late Dawn Crosby. well, as far as letter writing & tape trading goes. we weren't hanging out or anything. still, she was cool people.

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 11:04 pm

I've meet some pro wrestlers like Al Snow and Scott Armstrong(current WWE ref). I've meet some actors like Michael Berryman and Dick Warlock, both of whom couldn't have been nicer. I meet director Jeff Burr who directed Leatherface:Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 and he gave me some storyboards to keep which I still have. I have a cousin who was a model at one time and she dated actor Sonny Landham from the movies 48 Hours and Predator. I've never met someone famous from the music scene though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 pm

I know TheKing Smile

PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:54 am

mc666 wrote:

i was friends with the late Dawn Crosby. well, as far as letter writing & tape trading goes. we weren't hanging out or anything. still, she was cool people.

She was the singer for Detente, right? Man, that Recognize No Authority record was one of my favorites from that era. Wish I still had a copy of it.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:31 am

I know the guys in Witchhammer Very Happy

Met lots of peeps though, including Dee Snider, Steve Harris, Blaze Bayley and Savatage as highlights.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:09 pm

S.D. wrote:
mc666 wrote:

She was the singer for Detente, right? Man, that Recognize No Authority record was one of my favorites from that era. Wish I still had a copy of it.

yeah that was a great overlooked thrash gem. you should also check out her other band Fear of God. not as thrashy as Detente, but very good stuff.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Met Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman in 1988. Knocked over Tom's coffee asking for his autograph... lol
Watched a recording session for Dokken's Erase The Slate album. Been to Chuck Billy's house (Testament). Had dinner with Chuck and Steve DiGiorgio. Also been to Jim Durkin's house (Dark Angel). Went to the same Church as Ron Rinehart from Dark Angel in the early 00's while he was in the band Oil. Met the guys in Tourniquet at an acoustic gig in the late 90's.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Depends on your definition of "famous". I am friends with alot of musicians here, in the Twin Towns, that people may have heard of, got contracts with major labels, etc. But as far as big names? I talk to Andy Boulton fairly regularly. Biff, Doug, and Nibbs know who I am. I chat with Johnny Rod a couple of times a month on FB. And King's X calls me by name when they are in town. Do I have thier cell phone numbers? Nope. Never asked for them. haha
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:44 pm

I don't know anybody famous. I did go to school with a guy named Mike Williams who I understand went on to be a NFL player (he was the first Freshman in my school's history to be on the varsity team). I have met Liv Kristine and the other members of Leaves' Eyes, the guys from Into Eternity, and Ben Huggins from Galactic Cowboys (actually, I didn't realize it was him at the time and only shared a head nod with him). I would really like to meet more though I do have apprehensions about it.

I did get to meet the Trans-Siberian Orhestra crew and got autographs. Of the guys that have worked under the Savatage name (except for Jeff Scott Soto, a big name in metal in his own right) I got to meet Jeff Plate (told him I think he did a good job taking over drums in Savatage after Doc left), Johnny Lee Midleton (told him that despite being the Savatage member most overlooked-after Jon, Criss, and Doc-he was one of my favorite bassists), Jeff Scott Soto (told him how different his voice in TSO was from his work with Axel Rudi Pell-he was shocked that I even knew who ARP was and said that it was the first time someone has ever mentioned his work with ARP to him before), and Chris Caffery (couldn't think of anything to say except being a fan of his work with Savatage-I regret saying something so generic but he was cool about it).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:16 pm

Forgot about a couple - met Coheed and Cambria this year in Houston - they came into the orch pit during Iron Maiden's show (they opened) - me and some friends were singing along to FEar Of The Dark, headbanging and hi-fiving the band.... pretty cool!

Also met Sam Dunn a few times - last time played air guitar with him during a Maiden show during Phantom Of The Opera
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who knows anybody famous?   Who knows anybody famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who knows anybody famous?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2