Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas metal...

Go down 
+24
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
mc666
brokentulsa
metalheaded
Joe
ShadowAngel
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
snooloui
James B.
Grimmo
DallasBlack
Required Fields
metalhead777
jettafiend
Thrasher73
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
exact33
Dark Horseman
ZombieHavoc
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:42 pm

So it's getting close. I've got a few good Christmas metal songs (such as King Diamond, and the Holy Grail cover). And of course there's Twisted Sister's Christmas album. And TSO.

Any lesser known stuff floating around out there to track down?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:48 pm

You have Halford's Christmas album?
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Oh, I don't have that. I do remember it coming out a couple years ago, but I never got it. That'll be a good one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:41 pm

I like these:

Brutal Christmas: The Season in Chaos 2002 Sounds of the Dead
Merry Axemas: A Guitar Christmas 1997 Sony Records
Merry Axemas 2: More Guitars for Christmas 1998 Epic Records
We Wish You a Hairy Christmas 2003 Koch Records
We Wish You a Metal Xmas and a Headbanging New Year 2008 Armoury Records

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 pm

There is (was) this project:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Mas_Project

Also if you want really terrible extreme metal there is also 'A Brutal Christmas' compilation...
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
There is (was) this project:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Mas_Project

This looks exactly like what I'm looking for. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:06 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Oh, I don't have that. I do remember it coming out a couple years ago, but I never got it. That'll be a good one.

I'd 2nd that one. Winter Songs is very good. Along with Exact's Merry Axemas discs, I'd also recommend any of Gary Hoey's Chrismas albums (3 albums & one Best of) if you want some good rocking instrumentals.

It's goes again my core beliefs to talk or even recognize Christmas before Thanksgiving (retailers be damned), but I'm always on the lookout for interesting non-traditional takes on Christmas music as well. Just recently picked up a Smithereens Christmas album.

As it get closer to the holidays, I'll post some more favorites. Most of it falls more into the rock category with some metal thrown in there for good measure.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It's goes again my core beliefs to talk or even recognize Christmas before Thanksgiving (retailers be damned), but I'm always on the lookout for interesting non-traditional takes on Christmas music as well. Just recently picked up a Smithereens Christmas album.

I definitely won't listen to any Christmas music until after Thanksgiving (though I am itching to listen to that She & Him Christmas disc I got last year--so good), but I like to start thinking about anything I might want to get before hand.

I actually used to never care or listen to Christmas music. I had a few songs here and there, just because they were on albums I had anyway, like Joan Jett's "Little Drummer Boy". Then, a couple years ago, my wife was listening to a Christmas radio station and they played a TSO song. I had never heard them before, and I got hooked. I bought a couple of their discs, and then just in general started enjoying more stuff by bands and genres I already liked that were doing Christmas-themed stuff.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:13 pm

Bobnoxious - Ho Ho Ho

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:17 pm

I really like all of Theocracys christmas tunes.Check em out!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Bobnoxious - Ho Ho Ho

great choice!!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:

Yeah, that's a good one! I play Rudolph vs Frosty every year!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:24 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I definitely won't listen to any Christmas music until after Thanksgiving (though I am itching to listen to that She & Him Christmas disc I got last year--so good), but I like to start thinking about anything I might want to get before hand.

I actually used to never care or listen to Christmas music. I had a few songs here and there, just because they were on albums I had anyway, like Joan Jett's "Little Drummer Boy". Then, a couple years ago, my wife was listening to a Christmas radio station and they played a TSO song. I had never heard them before, and I got hooked. I bought a couple of their discs, and then just in general started enjoying more stuff by bands and genres I already liked that were doing Christmas-themed stuff.

I wasn't real big on it either in my teens and early 20's, when I was an angry young man. So much sap. But when I picked up that first Merry Axemas cd, I really loved it. From there on, I started tracking down all kinds of non-traditional takes on Christmas music. I've even re-discovered my love for the Chimpmonks Christmas album. Funny how growing up does that to you. Razz

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Those Merry Axemas are great. Can't bring myself to not cringe by the Chipmunks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Those Merry Axemas are great. Can't bring myself to not cringe by the Chipmunks.

Don't be knocking my Chipmunks, dude!! Christmas metal... 382568

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:48 pm

Knocking, stomping, backing up over them with the car and doing burnouts. Christmas metal... 395375
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Yeah, that's a good one! I play Rudolph vs Frosty every year!

i listen to all the Theocracy christmas songs each year. Great stuff!

exact33
The King
exact33

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:02 pm

The Darkness also has a nice Christmas tune:

and while its not metal - Weird Al rocks his Christmas song with the extra gory version:

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Knocking, stomping, backing up over them with the car and doing burnouts. Christmas metal... 395375

You heartless monster.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:42 pm

The monkey is next.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 5:22 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:

Second that and the songs are all up on youtube.

Also, I enjoyed Helix's Christmas album quite a bit. I also enjoy the Gary Hoey - Ho Ho Hoey 1-3 and Monster Ballads Christmas.

I will say that both of the Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas albums and DVD are absolutely fantastic!
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:54 pm

Despite the fact that Kekal is one of my all time favorites, this just just silly.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Ronnie James Dio has a Christmas song that the local classic rock station actually plays over the Holidays.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 8:21 pm

exact33 wrote:
We Wish You a Metal Xmas and a Headbanging New Year 2008 Armoury Records

This! Gotta love an album that allows you to hear Chuck Billy growl through Silent Night. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 4:29 am

exact33 wrote:
I like these:

Brutal Christmas: The Season in Chaos 2002 Sounds of the Dead

I remember terrorizing some of my non metal friends with that one! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Christmas metal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas metal...   Christmas metal... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas metal...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next