Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges"

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
Boris2008
Dr8breed74
tohostudios
exact33
metalhead777
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

"Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges"   "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 5:05 am

Mmm. I see what you point at. But the major issue here is that Christianity and its symbols are not the problem. The problem actually lies in those who wrongfully practise it.

Christianity is a wonderful religion, but has been wrongfully used by many to control the masses. Just like some governments use "democracy" to destroy other nations (you surely know what I mean here).

If anyone has a problem they should take it on those who are responsible, not just insult and destroy symbols that are venerated by millions of innocents who have nothing to do with all this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges"   "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 10:29 am

Boris2008 wrote:

Who exactly was there to be offended? Is a Satanic black metal gig usually considered somewhere that Christians can congregate with no fear of having their beliefs challenged?  

That's what I don't understand. Who brought these charges up against him? I understand if he was standing on the church steps, ranting and destroying a bible, but this was at a show correct?

Same reason I brought up the Marilyn Manson connection. He was doing his bible shtick every night on stage and noone seemed to care. Sure, he might have had some protesters outside the venues here and there, but I don't recall him ever facing charges.

PostSubject: Re: "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges"   "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Moving this thread to Of Unsound Mind, it's not really about music anyway.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges"   "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Probably could've saved some time and just locked it up and thrown it in the RIP section, where all the other political/religious debates wind-up anyways. Razz

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges"   "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 3:09 pm

haha, I think that might be a good idea, off to the RIP section. I only reheated this subject as I was playing their last album for the first time. I was interested to see what people think about the band.

Seems like the are alive, active and well judging by the responses.
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges"   "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 4:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Probably could've saved some time and just locked it up and thrown it in the RIP section, where all the other political/religious debates wind-up anyways. Razz

I actually think it's been fairly polite and rational despite clear disagreements. We are probably pushing our luck though, and it's likely to turn ranty at any moment lol!
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges"   "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 4:28 am

For the first time ever, I feel quite happy saying to myself 'wait, someone else to respond before I reply'. Great little debate.
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges"   "Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Court Rules against Behemoth Frontman in bible tearing charges"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2