Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass Empty
PostSubject: My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass   My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 5:21 am

One of my old military friends is always trying out new projects and stuff--punk, black metal, hip hop, death metal. Since he's still in the Air Force, it's tough to find musicians. So he plays with everyone. A while back he joined this death metal band called Blood For Ares.

This is him recording a bass track for a demo:

That dude is a sick musician.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass   My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:18 am

wow that is some incredible bass playing.i tip my hat to him. dont care for the guitar though looks wise
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass   My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 7:17 am

Yep, that is some damn sick doodling he's got going on. Too bad it is wasted on suck a crapy song.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass   My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:01 pm

It looks good, but I really can't hear much of the bass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass   My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:35 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Yep, that is some damn sick doodling he's got going on. Too bad it is wasted on suck a crapy song.
Yeah, the band was terrible. Old school brutal death metal. They are no more, though. Either way, he was playing some bass lines you'd hear in a Zero Hour song. The guy is wicked talented. He plays drums, guitar, can produce, he's just one of those musicians that it all comes easy to. Unlike someone like me that had to try really hard to just be mediocre. Haha.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass   My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:53 pm

awesome man, perhaps he should try some dream theater esqe prog stuff. Looks like he would be good at that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass   My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Friend, Tearing It Up On Bass
Page 1 of 1