Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Miss Teen USA brilliance....

Go down 
+3
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
7 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Empty
PostSubject: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 7:27 am

Has it really gotten this bad out there? Amazing and sad....shows you what you can get away with if you're a talented athlete or perceived as 'hot'..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

The Iraq!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 8:11 am

That was painful.

And yet I bet the Miss Teen USA people will still tell you (ala Candice Bergen in "Miss Congeniality") "It's NOT a beauty pageant, it's a SCHOLARSHIP competition!"
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 5:22 pm

Shocked fainting
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 5:23 pm

Was it just me, or did Mario Lopez look like he wanted to bust a gut laughing at her? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 5:30 pm

lol!lol! laughing laughing

that made my day
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 6:06 pm

Oh yeah...Lopez was trying his best to be professional in the face of such absurdity!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 6:12 pm

I saw this already. All I can say is...OUCH!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 6:34 pm

What kills me is her repeated use of "The Iraq" and "such as".....

Where did she learn to speak???
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 8:58 pm

Reminds me of the chick in "Decline of Western Civilization II" who hopes that winning the Gazzari Dancers contest will help her with her "modeling and actressing"
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:19 pm

Hilarious.

Fat Freddy wrote:
Reminds me of the chick in "Decline of Western Civilization II" who hopes that winning the Gazzari Dancers contest will help her with her "modeling and actressing"

That is a movie that needs to come out on DVD along with Heavy Metal Parking Lot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:44 pm

I feel bad for this girl. Why is this world news? People do stupid smurf poo every day! Why single her out? And if this girl commits suicide, people will question why! One person laughing at you doesn't feel good. The world is laughing at this girl. It's not right.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:45 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Hilarious.

Fat Freddy wrote:

That is a movie that needs to come out on DVD along with Heavy Metal Parking Lot.

H.M. Parking Lot was (briefly) available on DVD a couple of years ago... and I've heard rumors that it's going to be reissued again later this year! 🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 12:02 am

Eyesore....I tend to see this girl as part of a larger problem of enablers and irresponsible adults giving physically gifted people a "pass" in school because of athletics or looks. SO, the girl is only partly to blame as part of the larger problem but I'm sure she has had NO problem reaping the rewards of a shallow life to this point.

Her response was so absurd that I can't imagine it as an abberation but more likely par for her course. I saw her on the Today show this morning and she didn't come across much brighter then even though Matt, Ann and CO. spoon fed her and lead her all the way...

Remember, she didn't have a Freudian slip or mess up one small part of speech. She didn't misspeak - she was completely ill-equipped to handle that question. I see things like this on Jay Leno's Jay Walking and other "people on the street interviews" and many of the people interviewed are College Students, Graduates, or EVEN Profs and they can't handle some basic grade school questions. I get that clenched disgusted feeling in my gut when I see things like that. It's humorous on one hand but sad and pitiful on the other. To me this girl falls into the humorously disgusting category.

Anyhow, we'll have to agree to disagree because I have - overall - no pity for her. She CHOSE to be in such a Pageant knowing such a question might come.....
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 12:27 am

i gotta agree with scottmitchell on this one... she knew what she was getting into entering such a pageant. she should have arrived better prepared. physical beauty will only take you so far... you had better have something to fall back on.

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 12:36 pm

More fodder for our egos!! Wink

Miss South Carolina, Lauren Caitlin Upton:

“I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because,
uhmmm, some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and uh, I
believe that our, I, education like such as uh, South Africa, and uh,
the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should,
uhhh, our education over here in the US should help the US, uh, should
help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so
we will be able to build up our future, for us.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miss Teen USA brilliance....   Miss Teen USA brilliance.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miss Teen USA brilliance....
Page 1 of 1