Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you are just sick of

Go down 
+21
manny
Gilbert
jstate
James B.
Addy
Leatherface
jettafiend
Wurthless
adrian
sidmaximus
Temple of Blood
stepcousin
DallasBlack
ShadowAngel
The_Jayroh
metalhead777
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:44 am

I get burned out on certain songs thanks to radio overplay, but if I am listening to a song in the context of an album I can usually enjoy the tune
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Funny thing is, I could pop it in today and still sing right along with every lyric.

I could say the same thing about Reign In Blood, damn catchy record. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Last time I played Dr. Feelgood I actually found myself more interested in the songs I used to not care for. Time For Change sounded better to me than all the hits did. And not because it is a great song or anything.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 pm

jstate wrote:
Last time I played Dr. Feelgood I actually found myself more interested in the songs I used to not care for. Time For Change sounded better to me than all the hits did. And not because it is a great song or anything.

Ugh!! That's the song I hated the most from that album. The Crue should never, EVER try and make some sort of intellectual statement with their music. Stick with the c*ck-rock, Nikki.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Hmmm....

Def Leppard - Hysteria - overplayed it too much. I still think it's a great album, I am just tired of hearing the songs!
Judas Priest - British Steel - Like Ult, I am burned out on it. I don't think I've listened to it since I saw them perform the whole thing live a few years ago!
Iron Maiden - OK, not a WHOLE album, but side 2 of The Number Of The Beast. The only time I want to hear TNOTB or RTTH is live. Hallowed remains the exception, still love that track but only listen to it on live releases. That said, it's nice they gave it rest this year - will look forward to it when they bring it back! Side one is still gold and not overplayed.
King's X - Gretchen Goes To Nebraska - still an awesome, awesome album but I overplayed it to death. Just don't want to hear it these days!
KISS - Animalize & Alive II - just played them too much back in the day.
Live - Throwing Copper, great album I just played it too much. It became a favorite after I saw them perform it live right before the album hit the big time.
WhiteCross - S/T - I don't ever want to hear it again!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:44 pm

I'd agree with Number Of The Beast EXCEPT that Gangland is on side two...one of their most underrated tracks and I don't think they've ever played that one live.

I can listen to British Steel again, I didn't listen to it for about 15 years so I had a nice long break from it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:53 pm

S.D. wrote:
Honestly...with some exceptions...a large percentage of what I listened to from 1984 to 1997 or thereabouts.

There are plenty of people here that can help you with not having to even own some of those cds greedy

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Honestly...with some exceptions...a large percentage of what I listened to from 1984 to 1997 or thereabouts.

There are plenty of people here that can help you with not having to even own some of those cds greedy

I haven't owned most of them for years. Most of my 80s metal collection was vinyl, when I went away to college I left them behind in a storage unit...they were stolen about a year later.

I built up a small metal collection again on CD while I was in college, but then I got burned out on the genre and traded most of them in and bought jazz CDs.

One more time I bought some metal stuff starting around 2005, but I unloaded all but the most essential to me prior to moving to L.A.

My collection now is mostly progressive rock and jazz, there might be 50 metal albums left.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 pm

I've been trying to think of something that I'm truly sick of listening to, but I just can't think of anything. I'm not sick of any certain album, but I am a little weary of some bands, but even those bands I go back to all the time. What it is with me, is I listen to so many different bands over the last couple of years, that its hard to stay on one album or even one band for more than a few days or weeks.

Actually the new Killers album came out last month and the day I bought it I played it a couple times and then the next day at work I played it a few more times and so on, so I had to slowly start to ween myself off of it because I'm afraid to wear it out so soon. I'm already anticipating a new album lol.

It would probably be easier for me to pick songs that I'm sick of rather than albums.

Its funny, this guy I work with, when he works on the route next to me we'll talk for a little then he'll put it headphones on. He listens to hard rock stuff. I think his favorite band is Alice In Chains. So he listens to his headphones and once in a while he'll start singing and it'll be a Metallica song and I'll yell over to him, stop listening to that crap lol, because yea as much as I love Metallica and those earlier albums I can really do without it for probably a very long time. I know those songs probably better than the band does. So when I hear my friend listening to it I just want him to turn it off lol. I tried letting him listen to the new Anthrax album. He liked one song "In The End", but then I let him listen to another and he was like yea thats why I don't really like Anthrax. I grabbed my ipod from him and said, this is why I don't like you, get over Metallica already lol.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Some of the usual suspects include the really big popular albums from Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Metallica.

It is not because I dislike any of those bands but I have heard their albums so many times by now that they do not hold anything new or exciting for me anymore. With Maiden in particular, Number of the Beast whilst a great album has been overplayed to absolute death. Run to the Hills is especially a song I am very tired of hearing... however, on the flip side Invaders and Hallowed Be Thy Name are two songs I never seem to get tired of...

Number of the Beast is probably my least listened to Maiden albums nowadays. If I want to listen to Maiden I either reach out for Killer, Piece of Mind, Powerslave or Somewhere in Time.

With Judas Priest it is similar story - I know Defenders, Screaming and Painkiller so well that I now prefer listening to Turbo and Point of Entry better haha.. and no I am serious because when I was getting into Priest I pretty much neglected those albums for the longest time, I would very rarely spin them but now after I memorized all the other Priest albums this is about all that's left from the band's catalog that still sounds fresh to me...

Metallica - basically how everyone else feels .. first 4 - 5 albums I know off by hard , no real incentive to play them as often. I feel however I am being a bit unfair. Because I know Megadeth's albums off by hard too but I still play them a lot more often than Metallica. I guess it is more about how I overplayed Metallica in my formative years...

I should also mention Pantera and Slayer alongside Metallica as these were bands I listened to in my earlier years getting into metal. Similar scenario - great bands nothing bad to write but come on ... if I knew how to play guitar, I'd be fluent in those band's songs without even trying much...

Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:35 am

I'll second pantera! I used to pull out cowboy's and vulgar every so often and enjoy the crap outta them. Then we hired this teenager as a laborer on my crew a year ago, good kid and a hard worker, but all the kid wanted to listen to was pantera... All the freaking time. Whenever he was on a site he would have it playing, whenever something else was on you'd hear his whiney little girl voice asking if we could play pantera. Working outside in construction I really don't care that there's stereo's playing and Lord knows I love the metal when i'm doing physical labor. But for the love of everything good and holy if I ever hear anybody ask me again if they can throw some pantera on my stereo I'll decapitate them with a 2x4!!!

I almost fired the poor guy over this. Boy that would have looked good on the ROE form under reason of termination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you are just sick of
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2