Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?

Go down 
+9
kethdredd
kmorg
sam
MetalGuy71
Smindas
Schbopo
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
325ad
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Empty
PostSubject: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Just Curious? Metal Archives was hacked by these clown back in March or April.

I think the metal community needs to find these guys and then pulverize them in the Pit! Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? 875605
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:00 pm

Firestream was already hacked a couple yeras ago... that sucks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Um... what's a "4chan"?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Um... what's a "4chan"?

The urinal of the internet.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:25 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Um... what's a "4chan"?

That clears things up. Thanks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

That clears things up. Thanks.

Well, if you insist...

http://www.4chan.org/

:flames:
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:54 am

I really can't see any reason we'd even come up on 4chan's radar.

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:00 am

Because they are cyber terrorist. They tired to extort money from FS before they took it down!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:55 am

I noticed Firestream's page now says "We'll be back... we have backups. To the hackers, we forgive you." Haha.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:11 am

Those turds over at 4chan have been popping up in the news lately. Just recently they started an internet rumor that some big celebrity died. I forget who it was now, but it was traced back to them. They've done a few other "unsavory" things as well (hacking other sites, starting big rumors, etc.).

I briefly checked out the website las night. It gave me a headache. It's all over the place and definately NSFW or the easily offended. Heck, I'm pretty easy going and even I saw stuff on there that made me go "Whoa!!".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:22 am

Schbopo wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Um... what's a "4chan"?

how true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:29 pm

I have no idea what server this place is on. It's under the Niceboard/Forumotion administration.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 7:08 pm

4chan makes somethingawful look like a book club.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:33 pm

Let's hope they fully recover this time. I even had my own site on the top 20 before the first it got hacket
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Looks like Firestream is gone for good. I really liked its vault.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Firestream will be no more. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:49 pm

Wow, that sucks. I joined that forum a few months ago, hadn't visited it much lately though. Too bad.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:36 pm

Yep, it's gone... sucks that the hackers got their way.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Um... what's a "4chan"?

Um...what was Firestream? I'm a little late to the party on this one.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:54 pm

man, that's awful, I never visited the site much but for it to go this way is really sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:26 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

A Christian rock/metal forum...it had a pretty cool message board but its main drawing card was the ridiculously thorough database of Christian rock/metal bands' discographies (a.k.a. "The Firestream Vault")...if it wasn't listed in "The Vault" it didn't exist... it was an excellent resource for info.

Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:37 am

Man, the Christian Metal Realm is getting flooded with new posters migrating over from Firestream.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

A Christian rock/metal forum...it had a pretty cool message board but its main drawing card was the ridiculously thorough database of Christian rock/metal bands' discographies (a.k.a. "The Firestream Vault")...if it wasn't listed in "The Vault" it didn't exist... it was an excellent resource for info.

Oh, ok. Thanks for that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:45 am

That really sucks. I spent countless hours adding stuff to the vault, nitpicking all the litle details, and romaing the net for more info. This SUCKS!! Sad

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:50 pm

I dont think I ever made a post, but I think it was safe to say that the vault was the most thorough christian metal archive on the net. Too bad someone had to ruin it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?   Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Firestream hacked by 4chan, how safe is the server for HOM?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next