Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close?

Go down 
+13
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
JBall_Z
chewie
manny
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
martinsane
jettafiend
Citanul
Arjun_M
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close?   The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
The Beatles' influence is very obvious on the first 3 KISS albums...it's one reason I took to them so hard when I revisited them late last year...I heard The Beatles' stamp on their sound.

George Harrison was probably the best technically skilled guitarist in The Beatles, but Paul was no slouch (Paul plays guitar, bass, piano, drums). John knew he was passable and very basic but not awesome...especially his piano playing.

I always looked at Peter Criss like Ringo...not a technical powerhouse, but

tasteful.

Paul was the best guitarist in the Beatles...also the best drummer. Read the book by the guy who recorded them Geff Emerick. " Hear There and Everywhere" Goes into great detail on how they did everything....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close?   The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:38 pm

First name I think of is Queen.

OK, they're not metal but on every album while Freddy sang most of the leads, Brian May sang some leads on several and Roger Taylor always had one or two lead vocals. John Deacon is the only member that didn't sing leads on any songs as far as I know.

PostSubject: Re: The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close?   The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Blue Oyster Cult. Eric Bloom and Buck Dharma are about evenly split, Joe Bouchard, Albert Bouchard and Allan Lanier all had lead vocal spotlights as well.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close?   The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:42 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
The Beatles' influence is very obvious on the first 3 KISS albums...it's one reason I took to them so hard when I revisited them late last year...I heard The Beatles' stamp on their sound.

George Harrison was probably the best technically skilled guitarist in The Beatles, but Paul was no slouch (Paul plays guitar, bass, piano, drums). John knew he was passable and very basic but not awesome...especially his piano playing.

I always looked at Peter Criss like Ringo...not a technical powerhouse, but

tasteful.

Paul was the best guitarist in the Beatles...also the best drummer. Read the book by the guy who recorded them Geff Emerick. " Hear There and Everywhere" Goes into great detail on how they did everything....

I knew/thoguht Paul played some guitar/drum tracks that ended up on the albums in places, but I never would have thought he was necessarily "better" then Harrison or Starr...I need to get that book.

Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close?   The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:18 pm

I would say KISS is the closest to the Beatles because all 4 had distinct personalites and character in their voices. You knew when it was Ace...Peter, Paul, or Gene singing, just like you knew when it was Paul, John, George, or Ringo taking a tune.

Plus they both influenced millions.

Also, Paul is the best Beatle. I liked his songs the most and had by far the best solo career.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close?   The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:10 am

Death Angel had some moments when most if not all the members traded lead vocals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close?   The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The metal version of the Beatles- or at least close?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2