Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)

Go down 
+2
metalhead777
Hadley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)   Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Im not a fan of Pokemon at all, but i have to admit this is awesome:

(yeah, i know the whole "metal version of x" is cliche, but i'd actually consider buying this)
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)   Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:18 pm

I grew up in the 90's so I love this with a passion. Cant ever keep a straight face.

Powerglove is amazing in my opinion
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)   Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:57 am

Saw this band open for Sepultura earlier this year. Hated every second of it.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)   Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:06 pm

nevermore wrote:
Saw this band open for Sepultura earlier this year. Hated every second of it.
Its really just for "Nerdy" people, you know. The ones who grew up playing the NES and watching old cartoons. Its just a ton of fan service.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)   Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:49 pm

I sampled both of those, but couldn't stand to go any further.

I actually do love video game music though. But I think these bands are much better:

I think that the way The Advantage plays almost comes off as borderline prog.
And as for The Black Mages, the main guy, Nobuo Uematsu (keyboards), who wrote all the Final Fantasy music up until a handful of years ago, he has said in interviews that he's heavily influenced by King Crimson. so that doesn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)   Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:15 pm

VOMITRON - No NES for the Wicked is the ultimate CD for Nintendo metal fans.

Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Main-pic

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)   Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:19 pm

Excellent covers - I always love hearing metalized version of game songs ... and that album cover whoa ...
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)   Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:22 pm

If you buy the cd you will discover where that controller is plugged in Wink
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)   Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:24 pm

You know ... that's a great pick up line ... I think I could be aptly used at a video game convention ...
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)   Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:54 am

It's not a joke, you have to see the back side of that booklet to believe it. She is a kinky lady my friend, flip her over, and you'll see Wink She gives a whole new dimension to the meaning of Joystick Laughing
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)   Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 9:51 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Excellent covers - I always love hearing metalized version of game songs ... and that album cover whoa ...
I know right? Somebody kept that NES controller in amazing condition! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)   Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon theme-Metal Version (feat. Tony Kakko)
Page 1 of 1