Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News from the RAVEN camp...

Go down 
+10
thejokeriv
candlemass
corplhicks
choosemetal
rajah
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
nevermore
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

News from the RAVEN camp... Empty
PostSubject: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Quote :
We begin work on our new album "UNITED" this November!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Awesome!!!! News from the RAVEN camp... 11840 News from the RAVEN camp... 11840 News from the RAVEN camp... 11840
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:55 pm

YAY!! \'arry \'eadbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 am

Rad!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Any word on when this is coming out?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:00 pm

News from the RAVEN camp... Burns-excellent
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Awesome can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:20 pm

I should point out, to avoid confusion, that OP was made last year, so either Raven is in the studio still working on this or its being finished up. Regardless, I'm excited as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 3:13 pm

John Gallagher mentioned on his FB recently that the new Raven album is still in the works, but no release date has been announced.

Interestingly enough, Raven also posted this on their FB a day or two ago: they'll be opening a Brazilian stadium show for Metallica in March.

News from the RAVEN camp... 1800431_674906535880904_742344024_n

It's about time that Lars & Co. returned the favor for the "Kill'Em All For One" tour all those years ago!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Raven =  sick 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 4:03 pm

candlemass wrote:
Raven =  sick 

Awwww, now that's not nice.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
John Gallagher mentioned on his FB recently that the new Raven album is still in the works, but no release date has been announced.

Interestingly enough, Raven also posted this on their FB a day or two ago: they'll be opening a Brazilian stadium show for Metallica in March.

It's about time that Lars & Co. returned the favor for the "Kill'Em All For One" tour all those years ago!!!

Nice!!!

I always see John Gallagher at the Metal gigs in my area.... he tends to get surrounded by a few fans whenever he shows up!
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 4:59 pm

candlemass wrote:
Raven =  sick 

I like Raven but your comment is pretty funny I must say.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 5:00 am

I know this is an old thread, but figured I'd just give anyone interested a heads up about new stuff coming soon from Raven. Just got home from seeing them tonight, and he mentioned that they are releasing a new live album soon, and are working on a new studio album. They played a new song off the upcoming studio album, and it sounded killer. Really excited about the live album too.

I see they have it listed on metal archives already, so that's cool. They have it listed as a dvd, but he said record at the show, so I assume we'll get both? Either way, it should be good.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Raven/Screaming_Murder_Death_From_Above%3A_Live_in_Aalborg/744037

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 8:41 am

That's awesome newa! I'm sure you had a great time at the show, Smile

So, I am to assume that "United" became the phenomenal album "Extermination" right? I wish there was a new studio album coming from them, but I welcome a Live album as they don't have too much concert material out for a band that's been around as long as they have.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 8:47 am

Cool! Yeah, I follow John G. on FB and he posted the news about the new live album a week or so ago. I'm generally not a big live album fan but Raven is one of the bands that's an exception, Live At The Inferno is probably my favorite live disc ever.

Glad to hear they can still kill it live too, it's been a long time since I've seen Raven. They're playing in New Jersey in a few weeks but it's on a friggin Tuesday night, which doesn't work for me at all.

How's the new drummer, Mike Heller, fitting in? When they first took him on board I thought he was just going to be a fill-in while Joe Hasselvander recovered from a heart attack, but he's been there a while now so I wonder if he's permanent?

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 10:04 am

New album? cool

Live album? News from the RAVEN camp... 352445
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 10:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Cool! Yeah, I follow John G. on FB and he posted the news about the new live album a week or so ago. I'm generally not a big live album fan but Raven is one of the bands that's an exception, Live At The Inferno is probably my favorite live disc ever.

Glad to hear they can still kill it live too, it's been a long time since I've seen Raven. They're playing in New Jersey in a few weeks but it's on a friggin Tuesday night, which doesn't work for me at all.

How's the new drummer, Mike Heller, fitting in? When they first took him on board I thought he was just going to be a fill-in while Joe Hasselvander recovered from a heart attack, but he's been there a while now so I wonder if he's permanent?

Wow. I had no idea the "Baron" had a heart attack. I don't do any social media so unless one of you guys tells me about it here, I have no clue. I hope he is doing alright now.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 1:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
How's the new drummer, Mike Heller, fitting in? When they first took him on board I thought he was just going to be a fill-in while Joe Hasselvander recovered from a heart attack, but he's been there a while now so I wonder if he's permanent

He was awesome, seems like a really good drummer. Looked like he was having fun, and seemed like a good fit for them. No idea if he's permanent or not, cause I don't follow them as closely as I should, but he's good.

Really sad though, hardly anyone was there last night. Second show in a row I've been too that the band was legendary, playing to a crowd of 50. The few that were there got a treat though, cause Raven killed it. Just a shame, you always read in social media, or websites like this about all the younger kids liking these older bands, but nobody seems to show up for the concerts. Not expecting arena sellouts, but a few hundred people isn't too much to ask for is it? Glad I got the chance to see them finally, hope it wasn't' my last.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Raven has always been a hit or miss band. Their last album was awesome though.
Sharing the stage with them way back on 05 or 06 was awesome and they are all extremely cool dudes!!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 9:28 pm

https://youtu.be/1hrsTr3sQDM - always loved this album.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 11:24 pm

The new Live album is fantastic. I finally took it out of the car stereo after nearly 2 weeks straight.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 11:09 am

I ordered a copy of the new Screaming Murder Etc., Etc. live album this past weekend and just got the e-mail confirming that it's on the way headbanger

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 8:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I ordered a copy of the new Screaming Murder Etc., Etc. live album this past weekend and just got the e-mail confirming that it's on the way headbanger

Cool. You are gonna love it.

It's funny, I put it on my want list when I saw it was coming out awhile back, but then forgot about it. I happened to be in a mall in Massachusetts a few weeks back and randomly checked the "new release" section of one of the record stores there- and there it was! One last copy, just waiting for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 10:11 am

(begin shameless self promotion)

I reviewed Screaming Murder Death From Above on my blog...

News from the RAVEN camp... 14427292_f520

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Raven-Screaming-Murder-Death-From-Above-Live-in-Aalborg-Album-Review

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News from the RAVEN camp...   News from the RAVEN camp... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News from the RAVEN camp...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next