Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series

Go down 
+6
nevermore
exact33
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
Orion Crystal Ice
Shawn Of Fire
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Empty
PostSubject: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 2:36 pm

http://tribunalrecords.bandcamp.com/album/visions-of-towering-alchemy

MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series A3746590516_10

headbanger 

BOOTCAMP SERIES #1

DECLASSIFIED INFORMATION:
The year was 1989, an aspiring young musician by the name of Lance Harvill was returning home to Dallas after graduating from the Musicians Institute in Hollywood with a burning desire to start a band of his own. He quickly enlisted the help of former classmate Mike Morgan, John Luke Hebert and David Harbour – both of whom would eventually join CHASTAIN and KING DIAMOND. After rehearsals, selecting the moniker MANTA RAY, the group entered the famous Dallas Sound Lab Studios (PANTERA, RIGOR MORTIS) studio and laid down four tracks they hoped would land them a record deal. Despite the extremely professional demo the band found themselves caught within a transitioning time in the industry and ultimately no deal was found. This Dallas Sound Lab session has been buried for over 20 years.

COMRADES IN ARMS:
Queensryche, Crimson Glory, Fates Warning and Sanctuary

ARSENAL:
Limited Edition CD – only 500 units pressed worldwide – new artwork – band supplied photos – full color 8 page booklet with lyrics – new interview with Lance Harvill

Divebomb Records Bootcamp Series is unearthing unreleased albums, long forgotten demos and lost sessions by unsung heroes of this scene’s past. These are cult bands for cult fans. Won’t you join the army?
credits
released 04 October 2013

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 4:58 pm

ooohhh veddy interestingggg
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Those tracks sound great!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:10 am

Yeah, I was surprised when I heard it....so much great stuff never made the radar back in the day....the Divebomb Bootcamp series is going to uncover a lot of it!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:16 am

Nifty cover... very "Doctor Strange"....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:32 pm

there are several divebomb releases i want to get...

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Ordered this earlier!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Great stuff!  I have ordered this as well as INNER SANCTUM.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Sounds like something I would buy asap.

Temple of Blood wrote:
Great stuff!  I have ordered this as well as INNER SANCTUM.
This Inner Sanctum? Do they have more music than the following 3 track demo?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 8:53 am

THIS Inner Sanctum:

http://tribunalrecords.bandcamp.com/album/knowledge-at-hand-the-anthology

MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series A2331604155_10

BOOTCAMP SERIES #2

DECLASSIFIED INFORMATION:
Rising within the UK’s electrifying metal scene of the late 80’s, INNER SANCTUM eventually found themselves at odds with the majority of their surroundings. While during their early years they embraced the popularity of the exploding Thrash scene, but they simply were not content attempting to fit a mold of what that type of band should be. They grew more exploratory, stretching their creative wings and drifting further into much more progressive territories. Was this a calculated maneuver or a huge misstep on their part? History might suggest the latter, but these 6 demo tapes reveal a band embracing their enigmatic destiny and steamrolling headlong down the road less traveled.

COMRADES IN ARMS:
Watchtower, Anacrusis, Toxik and Psychotic Waltz

ARSENAL:
Limited Edition 2xCD – only 500 units pressed worldwide – new artwork – band supplied photos – full color 12 page booklet with lyrics – new interview with band members

Divebomb Records Bootcamp Series is unearthing lost sessions, unreleased albums and long forgotten demos by unsung heroes of this scene’s past. These are cult bands for cult fans. Are you ready to join the army?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Ordered this and WEAPONS....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 10:55 pm

This has some seriously high-tech guitar playing that reminds me of RACER X. Must be that music school thing.

Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:08 am

Divebomb seems like an awesome label. The only thing I've bought from them so far is the reissue of Scanner's Hypertrace (I had been wanting that on CD forever...and I seriously feel like I ordered it Monday night and got it Tuesday morning).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series   MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MANTA RAY - Divebomb Records Boot Camp Series
Page 1 of 1