Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM Sept '12 Update

Go down 
+8
chewie
mc666
Vexer6
TheGreatDuck
SpectreFate
Dark Horseman
krokus
ultmetal
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

NLTM Sept '12 Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM Sept '12 Update   NLTM Sept '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Ult, got any Spread Eagle or Vain?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Sept '12 Update   NLTM Sept '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Spread Eagle. no. Vain. Yes. Hope to have a Vain page in the not too distant future.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Sept '12 Update   NLTM Sept '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Though it's a much older review, I really agree with your take on the remixed version of Flotsam And Jetsam-Doomsday For The Deciever. It was almost like hearing the album for the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Sept '12 Update   NLTM Sept '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Though it's a much older review, I really agree with your take on the remixed version of Flotsam And Jetsam-Doomsday For The Deciever. It was almost like hearing the album for the first time.

No doubt. Probably one of the better remasters. It really gave that classic new life.

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Sept '12 Update   NLTM Sept '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 12:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

No doubt. Probably one of the better remasters. It really gave that classic new life.

So, which is it? A remix or a remaster? They are completely different things.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Sept '12 Update   NLTM Sept '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:29 pm

S.D. wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

So, which is it? A remix or a remaster? They are completely different things.

It's both. One disc is remixed and obviously remastered. The other disc is just remastered. The remix is fantastic IMO.

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Sept '12 Update   NLTM Sept '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:04 pm

A remix of course has to be "mastered", but technically it's not a re-master, it's a new master. Wink

Thanks for clearing that up, I'd be interested to hear the remix, I always dug that album but probably haven't heard it in 20 years. Will have to remedy that.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Sept '12 Update   NLTM Sept '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:04 pm

S.D. wrote:
A remix of course has to be "mastered", but technically it's not a re-master, it's a new master.

Haha! True.

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Sept '12 Update   NLTM Sept '12 Update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM Sept '12 Update
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2