Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM Jan. '12 Update

Go down 
+9
kmorg
Alex Dee Rokket
TheGreatDuck
GrandNational
BearOnUnicycle
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
Lurideath
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM Jan. '12 Update Empty
PostSubject: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:35 pm

NLTM Jan. '12 Update
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Good Venom review!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Volture!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Nice!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:49 pm

There are some typos I've found: Thundersteed and Thundersteel;, and I'm not sure about "..the released of Immortal Souls...".
Also, in "The Bitch is Back", you wrote Besty instead of Betsy.
Now I have to listen to her albums, thanks for the update. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 2:04 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
There are some typos I've found: Thundersteed and Thundersteel;, and I'm not sure about "..the released of Immortal Souls...".
Also, in "The Bitch is Back", you wrote Besty instead of Betsy.
Now I have to listen to her albums, thanks for the update. Very Happy

thanks for catching those errors.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Scott, on the Journey review you wrote "His voice is clan and passionate" I think you meant to write clean.

On the Venom review, you wrote "The band simply says true to its roots" I think you meant stays
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 pm

Also, you still have the Riot album on the wants list.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:57 pm

In your Journey review you say
""Eclipse" is the fourtheen studio album for Journey and marks the second release for Filipino singer Arnel Pineda, who does a commendable job. His voice is clan and passionate and unique enough to not sound like a Steve Perry clone, but similar enough so that the overall Journey feel is still very much in place."

I think at fourteen you meant fourteenth

clan should be clean
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:59 pm

There are a lot of punctuation mistakes in almost all the reviews, but its your way of writing. haha. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Lurideath wrote:
In your Journey review you say
""Eclipse" is the fourtheen studio album for Journey and marks the second release for Filipino singer Arnel Pineda, who does a commendable job. His voice is clan and passionate and unique enough to not sound like a Steve Perry clone, but similar enough so that the overall Journey feel is still very much in place."

I think at fourteen you meant fourteenth

clan should be clean

Lurideath wrote:
There are a lot of punctuation mistakes in almost all the reviews, but its your way of writing. haha. Just saying.

Thanks for catching any and all mistakes you find. It's nearly impossible to proofread my own writing as I know what I was wanting to say in my head and easily read over mistakes.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm really looking forward to receiving the new Vektor album from Heavy Artillery.

I bought it directly from the label via their ebay store. Is this where you bought your copy too, Scott?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:18 pm

It's almost uncanny to read your reviews for "Dystopis" and "Immortal Soul" and see how similar thoughts we have!! Great minds think alike! Very Happy

You forgot the "Into" in Into Eternity the first time you mention the band in the Dystopia review.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:31 pm

kmorg wrote:
It's almost uncanny to read your reviews for "Dystopis" and "Immortal Soul" and see how similar thoughts we have!! Great minds think alike! Very Happy

You forgot the "Into" in Into Eternity the first time you mention the band in the Dystopia review.

Thanks for catching that error.

I"ll have to go back and read your reviews. They are both great albums. headbanger

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:51 pm

It's an older entry, but you don't have a review for Grimmstine...
Are there any albums you reviewed, but don't have anymore, though?

Also, when will you do that Toto review that you first promised to do for that update a couple of months ago?

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:00 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
It's an older entry, but you don't have a review for Grimmstine...
Are there any albums you reviewed, but don't have anymore, though?

Also, when will you do that Toto review that you first promised to do for that update a couple of months ago?

Toto. Ehhhhhh, I dunno. I just need to write it.

Thanks for the Grimmstine catch.

I own every CD on my site.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:17 pm

Ult, what do you think of The Cult? I think you'd like their '87-'91 hard rock/"glam" era - Sonic Temple is one of the best '80s hard rock albums I've heard so far. The earlier gothic stuff is good as well, even if it's not really your thing, I think you should give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:08 pm

Have you ever heard the rebel meets rebel cd (David Allan Coe w/dimebag, vinnie, and rex from pantera)? It doesnt sound like country at all, it sounds basically like pantera with a slight (very slight) southern rock sound:

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:12 pm

I'm not all that familiar with The Cult, though I do remember liking Electric.

Never heard Rebel Meets Rebel. The two songs posted aren't bad.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:28 pm

Ian Astbury,singer from The Cult, grew up in Hamilton,Ontario for awhile and years later after The Cult was huge and after The Fire Woman video, he was living in Toronto.

Ian started visiting where i worked The Record Peddler and was friendly with Brian Tailor, record producer,co-store manager/radio dj.
He didn't talk to me too much,just there to see Brian, buy old motown or soul music or something, etc.
I heard he was a recluse a lot or shy in real life, and most people would not recognize him walking down the street.
One day, I am jamming out, playing air guitar and headbanging to some punk or metal band, and I yell out loud over the music "HI IAN! HOW's IT GOING MAN !!" and it looked like he had a heart attack and his eyes widened like deer in a pair of headlights.Total shock.

I never seen him at the store again.

Maybe he visited on days I wasn't working?
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 8:52 am

Well, here some The Cult for you, ult:

On an unrelated note, have you heard any Bathory? I think you'd dig their Viking era - and probably the '80s black/thrash era as well, if you can get past the Satanic lyrics - it's pretty thrashy stuff.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Hey, Scott. Are you familiar with the French speaking metal band Sortilège?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:03 am

Required Fields wrote:
Hey, Scott. Are you familiar with the French speaking metal band Sortilège?
France should be proud of this guys. Excellent band.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:53 am

Sortilege are excellent.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:57 am

Chuck Schuldiner once called Sortilège his favorite metal band of all time. That's how I got into them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Jan. '12 Update   NLTM Jan. '12 Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM Jan. '12 Update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next