Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leatherwolf

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
kmorg
SAHB Healer
the sentinel
brontotex
mc666
fingers
11 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 5:27 am

any1 got the recent album by Leatherwolf and what do you think of it?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:05 am

i haven't got it yet, but it's on my list.

brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 11:41 am

I got it. It's OK, nothing great. For me it's hit & miss from song to song.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 1:15 pm

Are you talking "World Asylum" or the rerecorded stuff with Mike Olivieri?
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 3:47 pm

I was talking about World Asylum. I didn't know about the other one.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 4:56 pm

I just remember their debut, "Street Ready". It seems like they hadn't made up their minds yet if they were gonna be a slightly progressive act, or a tough party band. I know I liked a few songs. I haven't followed them since.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:07 pm

According to either their website or sleazeroxx.com, I really can't remember which, they said that their original lead singer was back in the fold and they were rerecording the early stuff like the first two s/t albums. I have only Street Ready on cd and have the second "Leatherwolf" on cassette and also a cassette copy of SR. I have not seen World Asylum anywhere in the stores I frequent and I wonder too how they would sound 15 years after the SR album? 🤘
Back to top Go down

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 8:55 pm

I have World Asylum, got by chance from a trade with a friend. Listened to it in the car today. It is pretty good. The guitar rips. The songs are decent but they could stand to change it up a little bit.

How does Wade Black compare to Olivieri? Have only heard World Asylum so can't really compare it to anything else they have done.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 10:57 pm

Street ready is actually their 3 rd release.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:49 pm

firestar wrote:
How does Wade Black compare to Olivieri? Have only heard World Asylum so can't really compare it to anything else they have done.

Apples and oranges, my friend. Wade makes the band sound more like a "modern" power metal band, but the "old" Leatherwold was way ore melodic, mostly becasue of the singers smooth voice.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:04 pm

I have a few downloads of demos they released a few years ago with Jeff Martin of Racer X on vocals. They sounded great. Too bad they didn't keep him.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I have a few downloads of demos they released a few years ago with Jeff Martin of Racer X on vocals. They sounded great. Too bad they didn't keep him.

Mee too! Yup, way better than Wade. Too bad also, becasue Wade is a killer singer. He's just not a good fit for Leatherwolf.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 8:30 pm

Orange County metal legends LEATHERWOLF have announced that their August 31 show at the Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana, California with L.A. GUNS will be webcast live via Webcastia.com. The show marks the return of the band's vaunted "triple axe" lineup, featuring lead vocalist/guitarist Michael Olivieri, and lead guitarists Geoff Gayer and Carey Howe, alongside drummer Dean Roberts and fill-in bassist Pat Guyton.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 4:06 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Orange County metal legends LEATHERWOLF have announced that their August 31 show at the Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana, California with L.A. GUNS will be webcast live via Webcastia.com. The show marks the return of the band's vaunted "triple axe" lineup, featuring lead vocalist/guitarist Michael Olivieri, and lead guitarists Geoff Gayer and Carey Howe, alongside drummer Dean Roberts and fill-in bassist Pat Guyton.

Great news!!! Thank you very much. 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 10:03 am

Finally secured a copy of "World Asylum" (thanks Saxon). Not bad really, but I can see what everyone is saying about Wade. Makes me curious to hear the re-recorded "New World Asylum" to see if Olivieri really would make a difference or not.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 10:52 am

I've only heard one track from World Asylum. It wasn't bad.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:31 am

Bump

I recently scored a copy of Street Ready. After a few spins, I gotta say, I'm a little dissappointed. It's not bad by any stretch, but I expected something a little heavier. Street Ready seems to be a little on the commercial, looking-for-a-radio- hit release. This being their 3rd release, I'm guessing they got record company pressure to be a little more accessible. Am I off on this one?

How does Street Ready compare to their older material?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:07 pm

I just got it today, from Spec. Mine is just called "Leatherwolf". Haven't listened to it yet though.

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump

I recently scored a copy of Street Ready. After a few spins, I gotta say, I'm a little dissappointed. It's not bad by any stretch, but I expected something a little heavier. Street Ready seems to be a little on the commercial, looking-for-a-radio- hit release. This being their 3rd release, I'm guessing they got record company pressure to be a little more accessible. Am I off on this one?

How does Street Ready compare to their older material?

Leatherwolf has always been cursed with not knowing what they want to be. There's a bit of progressive stuff like Fates Warning mixed in with L.A. metal, with a little bit of old power metal. I guess it may not appeal to everyone, but I loved them since I was a lad. Their earlier stuff (like the CD kmorg just got from me) is more power metal, but their Island records releases are a little watered down in spots. The 2 new ones (same album with 2 different singers) are heavy almost for heavy's sake, but they are enjoyable as well.

If you don't dig it, just sell that disc on eBay, MG. You should make at least double what you paid for it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:18 pm

kmorg wrote:
I just got it today, from Spec. Mine is just called "Leatherwolf". Haven't listened to it yet though.

Which one? As I understand it, their debut ('84) and 2nd album ('87) were both confusingly called Leatherwolf.

Spec, as for Street Ready, it's not that I don't like it. It's just not quite what I expected. I'll hold onto it for awhile before I make any decisions. I've picked up a lot of new music recently, so I want to give it a fair shake before I decide to keep it or not.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Which one? As I understand it, their debut ('84) and 2nd album ('87) were both confusingly called Leatherwolf.

I am such a tool! I remembered it wrong. It is the first one I got from Spec. It is also known as "Endangered Species". For some reason I thought it was "Street Ready" that was also going under the "Leatherwolf" name. Embarassed

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:30 pm

kmorg wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I am such a tool! I remembered it wrong. It is the first one I got from Spec. It is also known as "Endangered Species". For some reason I thought it was "Street Ready" that was also going under the "Leatherwolf" name. Embarassed

Nice going, dingus. Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:27 am

I saw Leatherwolf about 3 years ago and they weren't too bad. Live show rating: 8/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leatherwolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherwolf   Leatherwolf Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leatherwolf
Page 1 of 1