Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LEATHERWOLF NEWS...

Go down 
+4
mc666
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

LEATHERWOLF NEWS... Empty
PostSubject: LEATHERWOLF NEWS...   LEATHERWOLF NEWS... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 10:24 am

ORIGINAL LEATHERWOLF VOCALIST RETURNS:
Press Release / Legendary Orange County, CA metal stalwarts Leatherwolf have posted a re-worked version of Behind The Gun, featuring returning original vocalist Michael Olivieri, on their MySpace page at www.myspace.com/leatherwolfmusic.

States the band: "We just got "Behind The Gun" from Jacob Hansen (Rob Rock, Volbeat, Communic) who is re-mixing the whole World Asylum album over in Denmark and we wanted to give everyone a taste of what's in store. Mikey is singing his ass off on this one and has never sounded better - he has really stepped up to the plate and delivered what is one of his best vocal performances ever! And Jacob is once again doing a great job mixing - we cannot wait to hear the rest of the tracks and get this album out!"

The re-worked version of World Asylum with Michael Olivieri on lead vocals, tentatively titled New World Asylum, is due out later this summer on the band's own NIL8 Records label.

The classic Leatherwolf line-up, featuring Olivieri, drummer Dean Roberts, and guitarists Geoff Gayer and Carey Howe, will make their first live appearance with bassist Pete Perez (Riot, Spastic Ink) Friday, August 31 at the Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana, CA opening up for LA GUNS. The band are also slated to co-headline the sold out ninth edition of Germany's Keep It True festival, scheduled for November 3 at the Sporthalle in Dittigheim.
For more information on the event, visit www.keep-it-true.de.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: LEATHERWOLF NEWS...   LEATHERWOLF NEWS... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 11:54 am

That's pretty cool news. I wonder what happened to Wade Black. I heard one of the songs off World Asylum and it sounded awesome.Olivieri is a great vocalist though and I'm sure the re-worked songs will sound just as good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: LEATHERWOLF NEWS...   LEATHERWOLF NEWS... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:18 pm

Wade Black has a bad habit of joining an established band and then bailing after only one album (see: Crimson Glory, Seven Witches, now Leatherwolf). Great singer but he's apparently not very career-driven!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: LEATHERWOLF NEWS...   LEATHERWOLF NEWS... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 1:14 pm

007 wrote:
That's pretty cool news.Olivieri is a great vocalist though and I'm sure the re-worked songs will sound just as good.
he's even better imho.

kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: LEATHERWOLF NEWS...   LEATHERWOLF NEWS... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:20 pm

Ive got Street Ready which is a great disc, I'll have to check the new one out.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: LEATHERWOLF NEWS...   LEATHERWOLF NEWS... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 10:53 pm

Wade Black rejoined Crimson Glory and is currently playing in that band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: LEATHERWOLF NEWS...   LEATHERWOLF NEWS... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 11:01 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Wade Black rejoined Crimson Glory and is currently playing in that band.

Yea, I know, but I'm not holding my breath to see if he sticks around long enough to do a new studio album with them.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: LEATHERWOLF NEWS...   LEATHERWOLF NEWS... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 10:46 am

Wade seems a lot more reliable than Midnight.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: LEATHERWOLF NEWS...   LEATHERWOLF NEWS... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 11:02 am

I have some MP3 downloads that the band released awhile back with Jeff Martin (Racer-X) doing the vocals. They sounded pretty cool. I wonder if any of those songs will be re-recorded and released on the new album?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEATHERWOLF NEWS...   LEATHERWOLF NEWS... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LEATHERWOLF NEWS...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: