Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dear Mr Mustaine

Go down 
+17
akeldama
ShadowAngel
EmoElmo
GrandNational
Eyesore
sheets
SpectreFate
exact33
Orion Crystal Ice
T-Roy
mc666
manny
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Olafsto
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:41 am

As a metal fan who`s been following you and your band since the 80`s, I feel like giving you one last call from reality.
Please just continue what you have been doing for the past 15 years: Release mediocre albums, whine about Metallica, whine in general, play your classics live.
If you feel like heading into new territories, take singing lessons....
But whatever you decide to do, please please stay out of politics Rolling Eyes :
http://www.rocknytt.net/nyheter/7087-dave-mustaine-anklagar-barack-obama-foer-att-ha-iscensatt-biograf-massakern-i-colorado
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:13 am

"he's trying to pass a gun ban, so he's staging all these murders..."

I've always felt that Mustaine was a douche bag, now I know he's a DELUSIONAL douche bag.

Megadouche

...oh yeah...this is the best post I've seen in ages right here...
Quote :
Please just continue what you have been doing for the past 15 years: Release mediocre albums, whine about Metallica, whine in general, play your classics live.

Dear Mr Mustaine 647664 AWESOME! You nailed it 100%.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:06 am

lol!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:55 am

Mustaine's been Froot Loopy when it comes to his personal politics for a long time. But hey, in my book it's OK as long as it keeps him angry so he'll keep making cool speed metal albums. When he was happy, he was making middle of the road crap like Cryptic Writings.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:02 am

I noticed that ol' MegaDave has been spouting off allot more these days about the state of the union. I'm trying to avoid most of his ramblings because it just irks me, as do most celebrities political views. But like Freddy said, if it keeps him angry and making good tunes, so be it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:46 am

I think his political views are naive at best but it has inspired some pissed off music, so keep on ranting!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Olafsto wrote:
As a metal fan who`s been following you and your band since the 80`s, I feel like giving you one last call from reality.
But whatever you decide to do, please please stay out of politics Rolling Eyes :
100% spot on!

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:21 pm

I always thought it was equally absurd when nut jobs were/are out there blaming Bush for orchestrating/allowing 9-11....or blaming him for the Katrina aftermath. At least 'ol Dave is consistent. He's been hating on Bush for the last 10 years...nice to see him hating on Obama.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:54 pm

I wish all celebrities would just shut up about politics ("I'll move out of the country if so and so gets elected".... yeah right !) because no one really wants to hear their poltical views. But they all are entitled to their opinions and have the right to express them. But Dave should just stick to music.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:04 pm

T-Roy wrote:
I always thought it was equally absurd when nut jobs were/are out there blaming Bush for orchestrating/allowing 9-11....

There's a song on Warrior Soul's last album ("The Fourth Reich" from Destroy the War Machine) accusing Bush and the Republican Party of planning the 9/11 attack. I was like "Oh looky, Kory Clarke drank the Kool-Aid at Alex Jones' house too."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

There's a song on Warrior Soul's last album ("The Fourth Reich" from Destroy the War Machine) accusing Bush and the Republican Party of planning the 9/11 attack. I was like "Oh looky, Kory Clarke drank the Kool-Aid at Alex Jones' house too."

I always thought those accusations were the most absurd from all the government consiracy theorists and they're all pretty asinine to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:33 pm

I don't agree with everything he's said, but I don't see people rising up to flatten the hordes of completely uninformed, uneducated, uninvolved citizens/voters who spew 1,235,542,523,754 times the misinformation and garbage every single day on the WWW, the TV, and everywhere else. It was OK when he was speaking his mind when metal fans agreed with him..........................
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:44 pm

S.D. wrote:
"he's trying to pass a gun ban, so he's staging all these murders..."

I've always felt that Mustaine was a douche bag, now I know he's a DELUSIONAL douche bag.

Megadouche

...oh yeah...this is the best post I've seen in ages right here...
Quote :

Dear Mr Mustaine 647664 AWESOME! You nailed it 100%.

well to be fair, there was intent for the US government to sell weapons to Mexican Cartels to justify new gun regulations. One of those weapons sold to the Mexican Cartels by the ATF was used to kill a Border patrol agent. From CBS News:

In Fast and Furious, ATF secretly encouraged gun dealers to sell to suspected traffickers for Mexican drug cartels to go after the "big fish." But ATF whistleblowers told CBS News and Congress it was a dangerous practice called "gunwalking," and it put thousands of weapons on the street. Many were used in violent crimes in Mexico. Two were found at the murder scene of a U.S. Border Patrol agent.

ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3". That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-57338546-10391695/documents-atf-used-fast-and-furious-to-make-the-case-for-gun-regulations/

But I agree with the above posts - Dave and other artists should stick to making music.

SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:29 pm

I think this sums it up nicely....

".....rock is the antithesis of politics. Rock should never be in bed with politics. ... When I was a kid and my parents started talking about politics, I'd run to my room and put on the Rolling Stones as loud as I could. So when I see all these rock stars up there talking politics, it makes me sick. .... If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal.”
― Alice Cooper
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Intelligence at creating music doesn't necessarily equate to intelligence in other areas. Artists all around need to shut up about politics - and pretty much every other subject that isn't their art - because they don't know what the hell they're talking about, period.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:56 pm

The thing about that statement, while probably too over the top, it's not entirely absurd. Shootings happen all the time, always have, but there are political agendas here that use incidents like these shootings, specifically through the media, to forward their cause.

So while this notion of it being staged is likely not true, people in congress and such do use such things to control people.

Then again, it has already been proven that the government—FBI, etc—have been enabling the crazies so they can arrest them. You know, they find that nutjob with a blog, some guy who at that moment has no intention or means to commit a crime, so in steps the FBI, provides him with those means—guns, drugs, money to buy it all, etc.—then they arrest him or her.

That's a new tactic our government has. Many of these terrorist plots that they've thwarted since 9/11 were actually set up by them. So is it really a stretch to think they'd let it go one step further, let something actually happen?

And before anyone calls me a leftist, rightist, down-the-middleist, I am in no way a politics kind of guy. I don't even vote. So settle down!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:38 am

Eyesore wrote:
The thing about that statement, while probably too over the top, it's not entirely absurd. Shootings happen all the time, always have, but there are political agendas here that use incidents like these shootings, specifically through the media, to forward their cause.

So while this notion of it being staged is likely not true, people in congress and such do use such things to control people.

Then again, it has already been proven that the government—FBI, etc—have been enabling the crazies so they can arrest them. You know, they find that nutjob with a blog, some guy who at that moment has no intention or means to commit a crime, so in steps the FBI, provides him with those means—guns, drugs, money to buy it all, etc.—then they arrest him or her.
Dude, I think you and I finally agree on something.

\'arry \'eadbanger You're such a "down-the-middlist!!!"
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:30 am

mc666 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
100% spot on!

And he should probably stop talking about religion too..

And Spec, great quote from AC.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:31 am

Mustaine is a primadonna prick, I remember one time when I saw Megadeth play live in Brussels, that was 2009, he keeps on reminding everybody to keep quiet..he gets annoyed easily
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:58 am

GrandNational wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
100% spot on!

And he should probably stop talking about religion too..

And Spec, great quote from AC.

and no more talking about the evils of corporations or being rich either.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:23 pm

The more I really observe the country, I really do find that there is a disturbing amount of sentiment that is severely, severely underestimating just how little faith and trust those who are in a different camp have for our government....What we are seeing now in the mainstream is only scratching the surface, and all of it is a good 60 years in the making and in the brewing, from Paperclip to Bluebook to Kennedy and everything after. There is NEVER going to be the atmosphere the 'Greatest Generation' experienced in their youth again, ever.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
The more I really observe the country, I really do find that there is a disturbing amount of sentiment that is severely, severely underestimating just how little faith and trust those who are in a different camp have for our government....What we are seeing now in the mainstream is only scratching the surface, and all of it is a good 60 years in the making and in the brewing, from Paperclip to Bluebook to Kennedy and everything after. There is NEVER going to be the atmosphere the 'Greatest Generation' experienced in their youth again, ever.

I think that both sides of the current political arena are going to new lengths to demonize one another - from Mustaine's accusation's on Aurora to Obama's accusations that Romney killed someone. Politics is a rough sport but is used to be after the day was over that both sides would fraternize with one another over drinks but now both sides for the most part really believe all the demonization that takes place.

ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I wouldn't be sure. I know people belive in good, their government and stuff, but really, do you people know what's going on behind closed doors? Do you know what plans the US Government might have?
I ask this, because crap like this occured in the past, in several countries. There were countless dictators who staged violent acts to surpress their people, who staged acts for their causes.
I just have too look at the german history: The Nazis burned down the Reichstag, claimed a retarded 18 year old who, as they claimed, was a member of a communist party, was the guy responsible. They staged this, to inflict more hate toward communists into the german people - and they succeeded. They also succeeded with telling the folk that jews are evil, that you should never buy in jewish stores...The people bought it all, even in 1944 they were all for War and killing those "evil" people outside germany.

Stuff like this can happen again, they happened before. Governments can be evil. People with power can have an agenda. It would be foolish to believe that politicians are all perfectly nice super good people who can't do wrong and it's also wrong to say "Noooo, that never would happen in my country".

And while i'm no conspiracy nut who believes in the Illuminta, One World Government or that the closing ceremony of the Olympics 2012 was an satanic illuminati Powers that be ceremony, i still think that a lot of weird things are going on in the USA at the moment. Of course i believe that 9/11 was a staged false flag attack, created so they can start wars in Afghanistan and Iraq (countries that have oil, gold, money and of course so Bush Jr. can do what his old Daddy wasn't capable off, getting rid of Hussein) and if you take a good look: The USA is a war-mongering crazy country that invades everything they don't like, who kill everyone they don't like and you're on the hitlist at the moment you don't kiss their ass. The perfect example being Gaddafi. For 30 years the US Mainstream media made him the "Boogey Man", hell, even Hulk Hogan in the Real American Video crushed a picture of him and you have to wonder: Why? He made ony mistake (Egypt War) but actually made Lybia a good country, was big behind getting schools there, social security, help for families, just look at the statistics of illiteracy, crime, poverty, Gaddafi did a lot to make it better and he succeeded, yet he never wanted to kiss the USA Ass, same as Fidel Castro (and it's a shame that so many americans in their stupidity celebrate Che Guevara, a criminal rapist who did so much smurf poo in Bolivia and Africa...but as long as the US Mainstream media celebrates him a Guerrilla who fought again Castro, he will be celebrated...yay!)
I mean, every country lies, every country talks smurf poo, every country doesn't take their people serious. Wasn't that the same when Chernobyl happened and Russia went on "Nothing happened, it's all under control" and it wasn't until in Sweden nuclear alarm went off and people suddenly saw what went on? Or in Fukushima last year and all the lies the Government puked out, going from "Nothing" to "Under Control" to "smurf poo we are in Danger" back to "All is fine" while there's still a meltdown going on? And it was actually a lot of fun to compare the news sites of different countries about that disaster. Al Jazeera always painted the most realistic picture, interviewing european nuclear scientists and have up to date news. BBC was a bit more behind and a bit more "Not as bad", the US News station where in full "All is fine, not as bad, no danger for the USA" (you knowm despite high radiation in Hawaii and the West Coast) mode and the german newsstation were actually feeded by the US going "Nothing and only releasing news 12 hours later in a censored form than Al Jazeera did.

Americans should ask themself why their government has no problem with genetically engineered food, while basically all other countries wonder about health risks and won't allow it or why the USA is one of only a few countries that has fluoride (a level 2 toxic) in the tap water (which is actually a system the Nazis used in their death camps, too much fluoride kills you, even less fluoride will damage your brain and other body parts)

What Mustaine isn't so absurd if you hear what people in the cinema of the Batman shooting say. That they heard shootings out of several corners and one of the persons who dragged out injured people, suddenly died, it made the headlines, she was an athlete and she drowned...and that story stinks a mile high, somebody just doesn't 'drown' suddenly on a nice summer day, especially not being an athlete. I don't buy this as much as Obamas fake birth certificate or the racial double standard, where Obama can smurf poo out racist comments, while saying other politicians are racist because they're white.

I mean if i compare the USA from 12 Years ago with the USA today, i see: A lot more surveilance, a lot more police running wild, more police brutality, a lot more rules, less freedom, CCTV on basically every corner, those weird body scanners on the airports - it resembles 1984 more and more. Is this really what people like? Can they be brainwashed so much by MSNBC, Fox and CNN, that they say "So what? All good here!" and ridicule everyone that says there may be an agenda, there may be a lot of smurf poo going on that resemble the history of other countries?

I may be hated now here but i say that Dave Mustaine certainly isn't that wrong and doesn't deserve the disrepect he gets just because he speaks his mind and says there are a lot of weird things going on - because everybody who isn't blind or runs around going "lalalala, i'm in happy land where the sun always shine" should be as critical thinking as he is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:46 pm

Maybe he should stop talking about this, that and the other or maybe you all should just stop talking instead of all these mediocre posts. Just like if I don't like what you're saying I can leave the boards, if you don't like what he's saying don't listen to his music, rants, etc.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:10 am

I think the media likes to bait guys like Mustaine. If they speak their mind, they're ridiculed... Sometimes the ones that speak the truth are made out to be crazy. I'm not saying he's always right, but he may not always be wrong either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dear Mr Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Mustaine   Dear Mr Mustaine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Mustaine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next