Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

King Crimson reforming?

Go down 
+3
Shawn Of Fire
James B.
Wurthless
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:26 am

There are a couple that I think you need to have the Wilson editions of to start with, actually, those being 'Islands' and 'Lizard'. You literally have to have these editions to hear the whole of what is going on proper at all, especially on 'Islands'. And it isn't radically different from the masters....except the clarity and hearability is stunning.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:54 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
There are a couple that I think you need to have the Wilson editions of to start with, actually, those being 'Islands' and 'Lizard'. You literally have to have these editions to hear the whole of what is going on proper at all, especially on 'Islands'. And it isn't radically different from the masters....except the clarity and hearability is stunning.

Are you speaking of the 5.1 mixes? I would never have the time at home to play the albums in this format.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:56 am

Being I have the time to look but don't wanna Laughing very hard

Are the Wilson remasters available on vinyl ? Thanks to whomever answers me King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 25679

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Are you speaking of the 5.1 mixes? I would never have the time at home to play the albums in this format.

nah, not the DVD mix, just the regular Wilson mixed CD. You can also get the Wilson editions sans DVD if you wanna save $$$.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:05 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

nah, not the DVD mix, just the regular Wilson mixed CD. You can also get the Wilson editions sans DVD if you wanna save $$$.

Yeah, but like I told S.D., I'd rather get to know the albums in their original mixes since they're new to me...then go from there.

Thanks though...

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:02 pm

James B. wrote:
Being I have the time to look but don't wanna Laughing very hard

Are the Wilson remasters available on vinyl ? Thanks to whomever answers me King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 25679

No, they weren't reissued on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Quote :
No, they weren't reissued on vinyl.

mucho gracias senor carnale

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 2:55 pm

King Crimson is indeed reforming, just announced today via DGM live:

"The 8th incarnation of King Crimson will be Gavin Harrison, Bill Rieflin, Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto, Mel Collins, Jakko Jakszyk and Robert Fripp."

Yes, you counted correctly, there are 3 drummers.

I'm REALLY excited by Mel Collins rejoining the band, his saxophone work during the Islands era and also on Red are some of my very favorite Crimson moments.

Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree) is practically 3 drummers all by himself! I can't wait to hear how he shares space with 2 others.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:01 pm

I wonder how Robert Fripp feels about this. Razz Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I wonder how Robert Fripp feels about this. Razz Laughing very hard 
???

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Do you think he'll have a blog post in the morning regretting the decision which will inevitably put him once again into a possible music biz circus? Razz 

I mean I love it but I didn't really see it coming, and the reasons are understandable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Evidently Fripp has come to a settlement with Universal Music over their illegal use of 21st Century Schizoid Man, that settlement has allowed him to put those business aspects behind him and get back to performing.

The choice of musicians is quite interesting and it's also the first King Crimson lineup without Adrian Belew since 1981.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 6:39 pm

King Crimson news:

The most recent US tour was a major success and King Crimson will be releasing a live "mini-album" in January. 40 minutes of performances captured on the tour, including a live version of Starless from the Los Angeles concert at the Orpheum.

In addition they have been in the studio recording new material, so far they have 3 new extended pieces recorded which will be issued on an upcoming new album later in 2015.

A tour of the UK is also planned for 2015.

The current King Crimson lineup is:

Jakko Jakszyk - Vocals, guitar
Robert Fripp - Guitar
Tony Levin - Bass
Mel Collins - Sax
Bill Rieflin - Drums
Gavin Harrison - Drums
Pat Mastelotto - Drums
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 8:38 am

This is one release I'll probably have to pick up as a matter of course.

Though, I have to admit, I'm blown away that Crimson is releasing something NEW that has a performance of an old track on it. Fripp was massively allergic to dipping into the back catalog with the 80s lineups and onward. Yeah, they made the token Larks' Tongues or 21st Century with the Thrak lineup, but he generally tried to avoid it wholesale.

He must be mellowing with age. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Crimson reforming?    King Crimson reforming?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King Crimson reforming?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2