Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost

Go down 
+8
DallasBlack
Wurthless
nevermore
Eyesore
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Empty
PostSubject: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:23 pm

New album from Northern Michigan (aka Canada) headbangers Cauldron is on the way. No official release date yet, but here's the album cover to critique...

Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Cauldrontomorrow

Their first album was aces. The follow-up took a little time to settle in with me, but those looking for nothing-ground-breaking-but-good-anyway traditional 80's metal could do much worse than these guys.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:23 pm

I need to check these guys out yet. Had them mixed up with Cauldron Born. (Because I'm dumb like that sometimes.)

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I need to check these guys out yet. Had them mixed up with Cauldron Born. (Because I'm dumb like that sometimes.)

Yea, they're pretty decent. Not reinventing the wheel or anything, but fun, upbeat 80's-type metal. If you like stuff like White Wizzard, Enforcer, Holy Grail etc., you'll dig Cauldron. I'd recommend their debut Chained to the Nite, which I liked. Their follow-up, Burning Fortune took me a little time before warming up to it. Still good though.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:15 pm

I really liked Chained to the Nite.Never picked up Burning Fortune.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Big fan of these guys and I have seen them live. They really understand how to get the most from mid-tempo traditional metal. They also pick some cool songs to cover like Halloween's I Confess. I will definitely pick this up.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Great band indeed. Looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:37 am

I like both Cauldron releases. Looking forward to this album
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:40 am

nevermore wrote:

The have three releases if you count their debut EP - Into The Cauldron. It's of equal quality to their LPs and I recommend it. I have it on CD and Vinyl and the Vinyl has two bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 2:15 am

I really liked the debut, but I haven't checked out the second album yet. I'll definitely give the new one a listen if it comes to Spotify.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:36 am

Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:

The have three releases if you count their debut EP - Into The Cauldron. It's of equal quality to their LPs and I recommend it. I have it on CD and Vinyl and the Vinyl has two bonus tracks.

I didn't know of the ep. I'll have to find a copy. Thanks for mentioning it. Did you like their previous band Goat Horn?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:24 am

nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I didn't know of the ep. I'll have to find a copy. Thanks for mentioning it. Did you like their previous band Goat Horn?

Yes! I thought Goat Horn was a really fun band. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my Goat Horn records with me to the Cauldron show to have Jason Decay autograph them. He and Ian Chains signed all of my Cauldron stuff though and were really cool dudes. I saw Cauldron with Holy Grail and Midnight in a tiny club in Columbus, Ohio. They put on quite the show even though most of the people there had no idea who they were.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Forgot I had Chained To The Night, need to give it another spin as I remeber quite liking it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Great band.Ill get it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Yes! I thought Goat Horn was a really fun band. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my Goat Horn records with me to the Cauldron show to have Jason Decay autograph them. He and Ian Chains signed all of my Cauldron stuff though and were really cool dudes. I saw Cauldron with Holy Grail and Midnight in a tiny club in Columbus, Ohio. They put on quite the show even though most of the people there had no idea who they were.

I would have loved to have seen that show! What did you think of Midnight?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:44 pm

nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I would have loved to have seen that show! What did you think of Midnight?

It was a great show and all the bands killed it that night. I had never heard of Midnight until that show and they really took my be surprise. I found their combo of Venom+Motorhead to be very cool. They now have a compilation out that I need to pick up.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:09 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I really liked Chained to the Nite.Never picked up Burning Fortune.

BURNING FORTUNE is maybe even better. They did a cover of a HALLOWEEN song that rules and their own songs are stronger than on CHAINED TO THE NIGHT imo.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:15 am

Excellent band. Picked up Burning Fortune after seeing the cover and remembering I heard a track from Chained to the Night that I really liked. Great NWOBHM worship with just the right amount of cheese.

Really dig these guys along with Stormzone, Enforcer, and Skull Fist.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:10 am

New track streaming here: http://www.popmatters.com/pm/post/163577-cauldron-nitebreaker-stream-popmatters-premiere/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 am

New album comes out October 8th.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:42 am

That song is fair, doesn't really ring the bell for me but i'll listen to more. The new Striker is setting the bar very high this year, all other such bands will be compared to them.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:01 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
That song is fair, doesn't really ring the bell for me but i'll listen to more. The new Striker is setting the bar very high this year, all other such bands will be compared to them.

Yeah the new Striker is one of the best I've heard so far this year.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:23 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
That song is fair, doesn't really ring the bell for me but i'll listen to more.

I kinda feel that way about both of Cauldrons previous releases. They don't immediatly grab you and they certainly aren't doing anything ground-breaking or extraordinary, but a few spins and you're bobbing right along to the tunes. You could do much worse in the way of retro-metal bands.

Looks like I might have to check out Striker too.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
New album comes out October 8th.

Bump. Apparently that Oct. 8th release date was for Europe or Canada or somewhere else noone cares about. The US release date is today, April 30th.

Go out and get this. Now.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:33 pm

I got it way back in October when I preordered it from Earache. It came with a bonus cd with 3 cover songs and an autograhped photo from the entire band.

Cauldron always sounds like they would have fit great on Metal Massacre 3-9.

Here's a vid for Nitebreaker:

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Good tune and nice spooky video too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost   Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cauldron - Tomorrow's Lost
Page 1 of 1