Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cauldron - In Ruin

Go down 
+5
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Cauldron - In Ruin Cauldroninruincd

"In Ruin" track listing:

01. No Return / In Ruin
02. Empress
03. Burning At Both Ends
04. Hold Your Fire
05. Come Not Here
06. Santa Mira
07. Corridors Of Dust
08. Delusive Serenade
09. Outrance

\'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 1:27 am

Nice cover. Hope the songs are of quality too.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 3:05 am

Man I really liked Chained to the Nite but the last two didn't do much for me. Too samey or something I guess. Hopefully this is good.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 9:04 am

I also liked Chained to the Nite, but this revival was fresh then. I've gotten really bored with it. Though Enforcer did put out probably the strongest offering in this entire subgenre revival this very year, so who knows what can happen.

I do like the cover, and will for sure give it a listen on Spotify at least once, but I don't foresee much else.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 9:07 am

Here's a video for "No Return / In Ruin"

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Nice one!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 2:35 am

Not bad
Back to top Go down
Ravenscraig
Metal student
Metal student
Ravenscraig

Number of posts : 107

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:21 am

I love these guys. I own all their albums till now (my favourite being "Tomorrow's Lost", which doesn't seem to be so popular amongst fans). Best band out the whole NWOTHM lot imho. They sound more honest and certainly look less manufactured than the likes of Enforcer for instance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.veilofdeception.com
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:51 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I also liked Chained to the Nite, but this revival was fresh then. I've gotten really bored with it. Though Enforcer did put out probably the strongest offering in this entire subgenre revival this very year, so who knows what can happen.

I do like the cover, and will for sure give it a listen on Spotify at least once, but I don't foresee much else.

As said, giving it the perfunctory listen on Spotify.

It's not bad, but you know. This band sounds really bored to me. Like, they never sound that enthused about anything they are doing, musically and vocally.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:55 pm

I was given this Saturday from a dj friend of mine that works for a local radio station.I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:57 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

As said, giving it the perfunctory listen on Spotify.

It's not bad, but you know. This band sounds really bored to me. Like, they never sound that enthused about anything they are doing, musically and vocally.

I think the problem comes from Jason Decay's voice. He sings in that mid-range with not much variation, which stops these songs from being great.

I've ordered this album, but it hasn't shown up yet, so I don't know if that's still true on this album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:15 pm

If you wanted to hear Cauldron with a more powerful singer, here's your chance:

Jay Decay lost his voice, so Dan Cleary of Striker has stepped in for a few dates.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 2:42 pm

Toronto, Ontario, Canada metallers CAULDRON have been forced to cancel their participation in the eight remaining dates of their tour with ENFORCER, WARBRINGER and EXMORTUS after getting into a van crash on a highway in Texas Sunday night.

Says CAULDRON in a Facebook post: "Sorry to report the unfortunate news of our accident (not at fault [by the way]) on the highway in Texas last night and that we will have to pull out of the remaining eight tour dates. Ian [Chains, guitar] is recovering in hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, otherwise everyone is going to be okay. We are just happy to be alive at this point. Thanks for your support and to our tour mates ENFORCER, WARBRINGER & EXMORTUS; we had fun and wish you all the best. Hope to see you all again soon."

Cauldron - In Ruin Cauldronambulance_638

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 7:09 pm

Here's their new video for "Burning At Both Ends."

Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 8:34 am

I tried to appreciate these guys but alas they do nothing for me, they sound really generic or something - IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 1:23 pm

I'm really only a fan of these guys' first album. Chained Up in Chains is one of my favorite tracks from the NWOTHM movement; it comes across as a loving parody/emulation of NWOBHM.

I would agree that they've slipped into mediocrity, though. They're just a little too derivative for my tastes. It's like they're treading ground that's been done so much better in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cauldron - In Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cauldron - In Ruin   Cauldron - In Ruin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cauldron - In Ruin
Page 1 of 1