Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )

Go down 
+23
kropotkin
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
TheUnborn
exact33
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
metalheaded
Dave the Boss
metalhead777
jstate
Citanul
SideShowDisaSter
Dellocatus
krokus
DallasBlack
BearOnUnicycle
Wurthless
tohostudios
martinsane
Orion Crystal Ice
Coram Deo
scottmitchell74
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:24 pm

And the Winner is....Toho!!!

Thanks for the Kiuas tip! I just got three of theirs in the mail the other day. I love their sound. Woo!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:45 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
And the Winner is....Toho!!!

Thanks for the Kiuas tip! I just got three of theirs in the mail the other day. I love their sound. Woo!

Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 11840

I still play "Spirit of Ukko" regularly.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 7:46 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Glacier

That 12"mlp is just fantastic. Pure oldschool US heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbornProductions.com/
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:11 am

Seikima-II [Seikimatu, Seikimatsu]

One of the biggest bands in Japanese Metal history - but other than Freddy, I doubt anyone on this board knows much about them.

Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Metal novice
Metal novice
kropotkin

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:18 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:

One of the biggest bands in Japanese Metal history - but other than Freddy, I doubt anyone on this board knows much about them.

I have 4 full length vinyls and 4 7"s. Some very good and some mediocre stuff. And thus I lost interest for their telephone book catalog.
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Metal novice
Metal novice
kropotkin

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:20 am

TheUnborn wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Glacier

That 12"mlp is just fantastic. Pure oldschool US heavy metal.

Milko, hemo and Glacier demo!

Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 1004847_10151767457169875_1706843460_n
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:52 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:

First three are great. Then they went into direction I don't care for.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:09 pm

kropotkin wrote:
Milko, hemo and Glacier demo!

Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 1004847_10151767457169875_1706843460_n

This is a weird picture. But I like it. Are those, like, the dudes' yearbook photos on the cover of the demo?

Long live the demo tape.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:13 pm

I've heard of most all of these bands.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:18 pm

This is the most hipster thread I've ever seen on here!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:24 pm

Citanul wrote:
Wyzards - a prog metal outfit with members who are better known for being part of prog band Glass Hammer.

Listen to this man. Wyzards is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:38 pm

How about these guys:

Just four knucklehead kids, but man, they kicked ass. I got a number of people to buy this EP and their previous demo, and the band took MONTHS to mail things. Yeah, they were kids, but it was annoying. But again, both their releases are awesome. No idea what any of them are up to now.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:13 pm

It's pretty pointless playing this game with you guys as this is your thing, but as we are allowed to venture into thrash territory and go with one I picked up on 7" a few months ago.

Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 111380

I have no idea what happened to these guys after this EP but it totally kicks ass. Unfortunately I also can't find a decent studio version anywhere on the internet so you will have to get an idea from this.

I'm sure that some of you will know this band but it's the best I could think of.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:25 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
It's pretty pointless playing this game with you guys as this is your thing

It it makes you feel better, I rarely have any clue who a lot of the bands are you post in the recent hauls thread. Heh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2