Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )

Go down 
+23
kropotkin
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
TheUnborn
exact33
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
metalheaded
Dave the Boss
metalhead777
jstate
Citanul
SideShowDisaSter
Dellocatus
krokus
DallasBlack
BearOnUnicycle
Wurthless
tohostudios
martinsane
Orion Crystal Ice
Coram Deo
scottmitchell74
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:07 pm

The Michael Grant R.I.P. thread just lead me to discovering Legend Maker. What a great band!!

Who do you know about that very few others would? I'd like to keep this in the Power Metal, Traditional Metal, Speed Metal realm, as that's my focus for this thread. Basically, something Michael Grant would sing.

I'll start:

Boomerang - Sounds of Sirens
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Speed Metal, can I post some thrash? I know they are close, the same at times, different.......Let me know. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Sure!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Dark At Dawn

Labyrinth (the first album, more obscure, and with a crystal clear Fabio Lione on vocals)

Glacier

Cydonia

Domine

Winterborn

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Not an oldie, but this newer release from Interceptor-One With The Beast... Meet With The Devil is a nice EP of metal.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:48 pm

I love Dark At Dawn!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:55 pm

How about:

Kiuas

The Dogma

Diablo Swing Orchestra

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Imo, two of the greatest metal songs ever.

Tyrant - Hold Back the Lightning / Eyes of a Stranger single

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:40 am

NWOBHM masterpiece, better than the track Wurthless has posted above Razz

Crimson Glory like power/prog band

Beyond awesome album from US

Italian prog, very "safe" but not that cartoonish

German band no one has heard about: melodic prog/power. Toby from Edguy did listened to this track.

See above. Started out as a Helloweenish funny metal, morphed into something very special.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:55 am

Seasons Of The Wolf:

Aska:

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:00 pm

The Italian band HYPERION released a very cool album back in 1999, for fans of HEIMDALL, SKYLARK, or DRAKKAR.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:50 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
NWOBHM masterpiece, better than the track Wurthless has posted above Razz
What a shame that they never did a whole album. What a waste of talent...

Got a question: I remember a thread here in the forum, where someone had made a list with his favorite NWOBHM tunes. Some of the songs were real gems, like the ones mentioned here. Is someone here able to find that thread? I've used the search engine, but with no result...
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Here you go. Thanks to that thread I discovered rare gems like this and finally understood NWOBHM is mostly "not my thing".
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Yup. That's the thread that introduced me to Tyrant, as well as Saracen and a few other great NWOBHM bands.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:06 am

If you want a barely known speed metal gem:

Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:51 am

Wyzards - a prog metal outfit with members who are better known for being part of prog band Glass Hammer.

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:37 am

A couple of hidden gems I've come across recently....

Solar Fragment - In Our Hands (pure Blind Guardian worship but it works. Hansi is even featured on one song)

S.I.N. - Equilibrium

Enforcer - Diamonds & Into The Night (both are amazing ablums)
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:07 am

some varried stuff here, so hold on to your butts!
although some is less "stuff I only listen to" and more "stuff nobody here listens to"

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:53 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Here you go. Thanks to that thread I discovered rare gems like this and finally understood NWOBHM is mostly "not my thing".

Wurthless wrote:
Yup. That's the thread that introduced me to Tyrant, as well as Saracen and a few other great NWOBHM bands.

Haha, glad you guys enjoyed it! Now that's a blast from the past, haha.

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:08 am

Witch Cross is headbanger. Completely forgot about their existence.

German band from 1989. Nuff said.

Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:41 am

Excellent call on the Dark At Dawn. Very, very good band that is tragically overlooked and not known in most circles (at least here in the U.S. of Trends...uh, I mean America). I only need to fork the cash out for a copy of their first EP, then I've got 'em all. Need to find me a shirt, though, too...where'd you find yours, OCI???

Another pretty good band that a lot of people don't know about is Sentinel Beast. Unfortunately I can't post a Youtube clippy since it's disallowed here at worky. But for those who don't know who they were (I'm sure some of you DO know), they were a speed/power/thrash metal band with a female singer (Debbie Gunn, ex-Znowhite) who put out a great album back in '86 called Depths of Death. Pretty hard to find, now... Old Metal Records put it out on CD.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:52 am

Nightshade - known formerly as Q5 - they have a couple of really good traditional metal albums:

Breaker - this is the Breaker from Cleveland and they were an excellent band that still performs around Ohio.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 pm

I remember Q5, didn't know they'd changed their name.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:14 pm

metalheaded wrote:

Another pretty good band that a lot of people don't know about is Sentinel Beast. Unfortunately I can't post a Youtube clippy since it's disallowed here at worky. But for those who don't know who they were (I'm sure some of you DO know), they were a speed/power/thrash metal band with a female singer (Debbie Gunn, ex-Znowhite) who put out a great album back in '86 called Depths of Death. Pretty hard to find, now... Old Metal Records put it out on CD.

Stormspell's got them covered...

http://www.stormspell.com/label/sentinel-beast-demos.html

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Citanul wrote:
Wyzards - a prog metal outfit with members who are better known for being part of prog band Glass Hammer.

nice! I havent listened to this one in years...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )   Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hidden Gems - Great Metal only you know about! )
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next