Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vintage metal gems- Netherlands

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Empty
PostSubject: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 7:37 pm

Picture- Eternal Dark
I actually like some of the songs on their other albums better, but this might be their most consistent classic. Melodic, powerful metal

Vandenberg- s/t
Pretty well known because of Adrian's stint in Whitesnake, if nothing else. But great melodic metal. But leave it to Dutchmen to write a dead-perfect mighty power ballad (Wait); that has a hard time getting airplay because the chorus has expletive deleted.

Highway Chile- Storybook Heros
Not "Chilly". People really like this one, I find it kinda rock oriented. Several killer song though.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:16 am

humble Highway Chile. Man people should know alot more about that brilliant band.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:27 am

The problem is that they've never been on CD as far as I know. Storybook Heroes is all I've got by them, and it's on vinyl. Strange.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:12 am

Storybook Heroes (1983) and the For The Wild And Lonely EP (1984) are the best examples of a euro take on american stadium metal. Good comparisons would be early Def Leppard and Heavy Pettin' but Highway Chile are a million miles ahead of these bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:18 am

After the weekend I'll add some bands! Highway Chile did some reunion shows as far as I know and most of them are still pretty active.... there's actually a live-cd released from those shows which is supposed to be pretty good!

Most stuff is on the brink of getting re-issued overhere!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 6:24 am

I love all those PICTURE lp´s (yes, also their more melodic ones like MARATHON and EVERY STORY NEEDS ANOTHER PICTURE).
VANDENBERG and HIGHWAY CHILE(headbangers is a classic dutch metal song) were great bands.
Other fave of mine are ANGUS (with two increible albums in the mid 80s), VENGEANCE(specialy their debut and ARABIA), TOTAL DAMNATION by SAD IRON, BODINE, first HELLOISE albums, ATTILA, HAMMERHAWK, VORTEX, GILGAMESJ, FUTURE TENSE, EXISES and a long long etc...
DUTCH METAL FROM THE 80S FOREVER!!!!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:04 pm

Bodine is near the top of my want list, I've never heard them, and last time I looked there were no affordable CD's available. From what I'm told they are almost southern rock at times.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:43 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Bodine is near the top of my want list, I've never heard them, and last time I looked there were no affordable CD's available. From what I'm told they are almost southern rock at times.

Sorry but to me BODINE dont sound like SOUTHERN ROCK, its more euro hard rock/nwobhm influenced. Anyway, try to get their albums because they are realy good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:27 pm

my absolute faves of dutch steel....(and almost practically i don't care for others with 1-2 exceptions)....

Vintage metal gems- Netherlands 2003036390723091744_rs

Vintage metal gems- Netherlands 2003004255602558032_rs

Vintage metal gems- Netherlands 2003065358433493317_rs

Vintage metal gems- Netherlands 2003080473807231431_rs

Vintage metal gems- Netherlands 2003073131267986530_rs
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 7:55 pm

krokus wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:

Sorry but to me BODINE dont sound like SOUTHERN ROCK, its more euro hard rock/nwobhm influenced. Anyway, try to get their albums because they are realy good.

As I say, I've never heard them.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:04 pm

bump for Metal Misfit.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:14 am

Ah yes, my little country definitely produced some great bands. Some of my favorites:

- Emerald (weird vocals, awesome music. Great old fashioned heavy metal)
- Vengeance (the band that made the US thrash band change its name to Vengeance Rising. Typical 80s heavy rock, but very good)
- Future Tense (the Dutch answer to Venom. Good stuff)
- Picture (the first Dutch heavy metal band. The "Diamond Dreamer" LP is a classic)
- Valkyrie (the only epic metal band to ever come out of Holland. Ed Warby from Gorefest played drums for them. They sound a bit like Manowar)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage metal gems- Netherlands   Vintage metal gems- Netherlands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage metal gems- Netherlands
Page 1 of 1