Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?

Go down 
+22
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
tohostudios
metalmaniac122
KissinMaiden
Fat Freddy
7thSecond
the sentinel
iamrockerfun
krokus
T-Roy
juanmiguel
stormspell
TheGooch
Lurideath
TH Joe
spiritoradio
Troublezone
mc666
scottmitchell74
sovdat
Required Fields
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 6:01 pm

I vote for a meathead restriction. Age restriction is kind of stupid, unless the band is like Lords of Acid or something.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:42 pm

My now 7 year old son has been to many metal and punk concerts with me. Some Christian, some secular. Some at bars, some at big arenas. I would hate it if he wouldn't have been allowed to go to some of the shows we've seen together. He has always been treated really well at every concert. Heck some guy at Motley Crue came up to him and gave him a $20 bill just for coming. He really liked that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 3:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I vote for a meathead restriction. Age restriction is kind of stupid, unless the band is like Lords of Acid or something.

Amen brother!!
I can't tell you how many times I've been at a show and heard some variation of the following conversation:

"DUDE! Did you go to the (name of band) show last week? DUDE! It f**kin' RULED! I was SO f**kin' wasted! It was f**kin' KILLER! I was so f**kin' f**ked up that I don't even remember the band! Hahahaha!"

Just ONCE I'd like to turn around to one of those Beavis-es and say "Way to go genius...you spent x amount of money on a ticket for a concert you can't remember? Your mother must be very proud."

:lol!:
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 3:31 pm

the sentinel wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
None really for me, but my girl has been bugging me to see Dio for about 1.5 - 2 years now and I've told her she's got to wait until she's 10. My reasoning for this is more that I think she can handle the volume and the hours. She's still too young. Let's hope the little guy's still alive and rocking then!!

Tell her not to worry, Dio will be alive in a few years. A lot of people don't know this but he made a deal with the Egyptian mummy Rokhan-Oh Tep for eternal life and he's really about 212 years old as we speak. Laughing very hard

Amen, Dio is one old dude and no there should not be age restrictions to shows...
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:08 am

NO!!! No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:03 am

There should be age restrictions at shows, and on this board.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Amen brother!!
I can't tell you how many times I've been at a show and heard some variation of the following conversation:

"DUDE! Did you go to the (name of band) show last week? DUDE! It f**kin' RULED! I was SO f**kin' wasted! It was f**kin' KILLER! I was so f**kin' f**ked up that I don't even remember the band! Hahahaha!"

Just ONCE I'd like to turn around to one of those Beavis-es and say "Way to go genius...you spent x amount of money on a ticket for a concert you can't remember? Your mother must be very proud."

lol!

I came to this realization in college. A bunch of us went to see Nantucket and Foreigner in Roanoke, VA. Since that was about 2 hours away, naturally we drank all the way there. The next morning, I realized I didn't remember a thing about the show and I thought, "I just spent money for a concert I don't remember. That was dumb."

As far as age restriction goes, I think it depends on the band and on the venue. If it's someone like the Rolling Stones and they're playing in a stadium, age restrictions are dumb. If it's a band that has naked women dancing around (like The Tubes used to) then I think agre restrictions are appropriate.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:33 am

Quote :
As far as age restriction goes, I think it depends on the band and on the venue. If it's someone like the Rolling Stones and they're playing in a stadium, age restrictions are dumb. If it's a band that has naked women dancing around (like The Tubes used to) then I think agre restrictions are appropriate

Agreed. It would be situational.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:45 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
As far as age restriction goes, I think it depends on the band and on the venue. If it's someone like the Rolling Stones and they're playing in a stadium, age restrictions are dumb. If it's a band that has naked women dancing around (like The Tubes used to) then I think agre restrictions are appropriate

Agreed. It would be situational.

Yep Smile

Years ago, they was a great place to see concerts in Norfolk, Va called the boathouse. It was a basically, a boathouse turned into a concert venue stage was in the middle of hall (thing middle of a rectangle on the longer side). They used to have what was called the "beer garden" - now chop the rectangle in 1/2 and you've got the beer garden (they could change the size of the beer garden depending on the show) and it was the safer place to be. Was in th ebeer garden for Megadeth/Testament (rust in peace tour) and took my younger brother to see winger/extreme/tangier in the under 21 side (as he was under 21 at the time). That was crazier than the beer side during Megadeth/Testament! I guees the meathead restriction would be great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:45 pm

Drinking age is 19 where I live as well.

If any of you remember, back in March I went to see Ace Frehley at a 19+ show, but didn't get in because, as my wallet was stollen a week earlier, I didn't have the sufficient identification.

What makes the whole legal ages show thing even worse is that, on top of these age restrictions, serurity is also getting horrible at shows. You can't do anything anymore. A lot of those adult venues already have strict policies. I don't like how they're restricting the fans so much.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Amen brother!!

lol!

Yea, now that I'm a miserable old crank, I vote for an age restriction of 35+ older for all shows I want to attend. And does the music have to be so loud?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, now that I'm a miserable old crank, I vote for an age restriction of 35+ older for all shows I want to attend. And does the music have to be so loud?

Get out of my brain!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Quote :
And does the music have to be so loud?

Are you my mom?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:55 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Get out of my brain!

I almost hate to admit it, but I did bring a pair of foam ear plugs to the Maiden gig this weekend in case it was too loud for me. I ended up not using them, though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Get out of my brain!

Sorry I've already made myself quite comfortable. I've moved in my futon and dirty magazine collection and plan on staying awhile. Lotsa space in here.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:58 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Quote :

Are you my mom?

No, but she told me to pass this message on to you...

"Sit up straight, turn down that music and march yourself to the barber shop this instant, young man."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
emptytomb1 wrote:
Quote :

Are you my mom?

No, but she told me to pass this message on to you...

"Sit up straight, turn down that music and march yourself to the barber shop this instant, young man."

Did she tell you that before bed last night, or when you 2 woke up this morning?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Get out of my brain!

I almost hate to admit it, but I did bring a pair of foam ear plugs to the Maiden gig this weekend in case it was too loud for me. I ended up not using them, though.

I've got mine ready for Wednesday's show - I've been wearing earplugs at shows for years. I personally want to be able to hear when I'm older. Heck, even Maiden wears ear plugs, so no biggie to admit it! I was really glad I had them when I saw Ace as I was up front right infront of the PA.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:15 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Get out of my brain!

I've got mine ready for Wednesday's show - I've been wearing earplugs at shows for years. I personally want to be able to hear when I'm older. Heck, even Maiden wears ear plugs, so no biggie to admit it! I was really glad I had them when I saw Ace as I was up front right infront of the PA.

I've been wearing earpugs at shows for years now. I started doing it at work to drown out the noise of bad concerts that I didn't want to hear. Turns out, I can actually hear the music better. I guess it cuts down on the distrotion levels or something.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:25 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I always bring'em, don't always use'em. When I was going to shows more regularly (there was a period in the 90s when I was going to a show somewhere just about every weekend), usually in small clubs, ear plugs were a must-have. Now that I go to maybe one show a year (if I'm lucky) I leave'em out for a while and if my ears start to feel like they've had enough then I'll plug'em.

Quote :
I've been wearing earpugs at shows for years now. I started doing it at work to drown out the noise of bad concerts that I didn't want to hear. Turns out, I can actually hear the music better. I guess it cuts down on the distrotion levels or something.

They do cut out the "mush" and background noise so you can actually hear what's being played!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

They do cut out the "mush" and background noise so you can actually hear what's being played!!

Especially in a smaller venue. Like when I saw Twisted Sister in 2006 at the Hard Rock in Orlando. The reverberations in that place were hellish. But I didn't care that night, I could have went deaf and would have been a happy man finally seeing TS.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:31 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Especially in a smaller venue. Like when I saw Twisted Sister in 2006 at the Hard Rock in Orlando. The reverberations in that place were hellish. But I didn't care that night, I could have went deaf and would have been a happy man finally seeing TS.

The show that made me START wearing earplugs was Twisted Sister-related -- it was Dee Snider's post-TS band, Widowmaker, back in '92 or '93. They were playing at this tiny little shoebox club but they had enough Marshalls on that stage to take down Madison Square Garden. I swear I did not hear a thing for about three days and even when my hearing started to come back it took another three days for the residual ringing to go away. It was actually quite scary for a while there, after that experience I started packin' ear plugs for every show.

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:08 pm

I have the same feelings on this as sensored radio and television.....no.

If somebodys kids are going to a nar nar concert where bad things could happen, thats just straight up bad parenting, but dont set a age standard and ruin it for kids with parents that have a different viewpoint. I can relate to the ones who have been denied admittence for this sort of thing.

Theres no doubt that age limits are set for a reason, because it IS really easy to get ahold of drugs/alchohol at concerts but thats still not the venue or bands responsibility to decide who can go or not.

But I'm no expert................
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:40 am

No age limits! I take my kids with me to concerts since they are 11. Why not? I only take care that they use ear plugs. They had always fun and were treated good by other concert visitors.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:20 pm

I'm gonna have to say AGE LIMITS, make it 21, so I can't enjoy concerts until I have a foundation in what I wanna do in life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?   Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age limits at metal shows - Yes or no?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next