Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uylsses Siren

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Uylsses Siren Empty
PostSubject: Uylsses Siren   Uylsses Siren Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 11:55 am

Ulysses Siren: Above the Ashes

<BLOCKQUOTE>

Uylsses Siren Ulyssessiren.aboveSomebody, somewhere will probably want to own two apparently long-lost circa-1980s demos from a San Francisco Bay-area thrash band that most people have never heard of. The release of the seven-track Above the Ashes on North Carolina's aptly named Scrap Metal Records commemorates … what exactly? Formed in 1983 and left in shards by other California thrashers like Metallica, Slayer and Suicidal Tendencies, Ulyssess Siren went through a few lineup changes during the 1985 and 1988 recording of these demos, and the band actually did have some chops. Even after only seven songs, though, those chops get old. The sound quality here ain't that bad.

Track Listing:
1) Terrorist Attack
2) The Reich
3) Lake of Fire
4) Leviathan
5) Above the Ashes
6) The Resurrection
7) No Trace of Shame </BLOCKQUOTE>
Back to top Go down

Uylsses Siren Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uylsses Siren   Uylsses Siren Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 1:57 pm

Ulysses Siren are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Uylsses Siren Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uylsses Siren   Uylsses Siren Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 3:24 pm

These guys rule and I am so looking fwd to playing with them in July!!
Back to top Go down

Uylsses Siren Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uylsses Siren   Uylsses Siren Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:42 pm

Here's some great news for all you auld Vinyl Collectors among us.

Quote :
Ulysses Siren's classic 80s Bay Area Thrash album "Above the Ashes" shall be available for the first time ever on vinyl! Exclusively released by Shaxul/Relentless, the Gatefold Vinyl will include the classic 1985 "Terrorist Attack" Demo on side A and of course their 1987 Demo on side B. Featuring John Torres of Heathen and Manny Lopez of Bacchus, this is one of the great lost 80s Thrash Metal classics of Bay Area history and fans of this style should take note. New artwork has been assembled from the Bay Area Thrash Metal archives to compliment the music, including many old flyers, demo tape covers, and original art used for US shows in the 80s. Limited to 500 and the first 100 will be on black vinyl with red splatter. Available February 1st, 2008. To pre-order email shaxul@comcast.net with shipping address.

Please visit Ulysses Siren on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/ulyssessiren
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Uylsses Siren Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uylsses Siren   Uylsses Siren Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:58 pm

I bought this at a record show and didn't enjoy it much.
Back to top Go down

Uylsses Siren Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uylsses Siren   Uylsses Siren Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:41 pm

Great band. Would love to get my hands on that vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uylsses Siren Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uylsses Siren   Uylsses Siren Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uylsses Siren
Page 1 of 1