Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:59 am

QUEENSRŸCHE's Publicist Downplays Rumors Of Strife In The Group - May 30, 2012
In the wake of a series of bizarre rumors about QUEENSRŸCHE's relationship with lead singer Geoff Tate, the band's publicist is downplaying reports of strife in the group.

Metal Talk and Metal Sludge recently reported on unsubstantiated rumors that Tate assaulted guitarist Michael Wilton and pulled a knife on drummer Scott Rockenfield at an April 14 gig in Brazil. The incident allegedly took place after Tate overheard his bandmates discussing plans to oust him from the group.

On Tuesday, four members of QUEENSRŸCHE — Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Parker Lundgren — announced a new project called RISING WEST, which will make its live debut on Friday, June 8 and Saturday, June 9 at the Hard Rock Café in Seattle, Washington. Tate had previously announced his plans to spend the summer focused on a series of solo acoustic shows.

"In regards to the current state of QUEENSRŸCHE, the fact of the matter is that Geoff Tate is concentrating on his acoustic solo performances this summer while the other members of the band have formed a new outfit called RISING WEST with Todd La Torre of CRIMSON GLORY," publicist Jeff Albright said in an email to Examiner.com Wednesday morning.

"Everyone wants to stay busy, try new things and do what they do best . . . and, of course, that's rock in front of the masses.

"As you're probably aware, QUEENSRŸCHE are slated to perform select dates throughout the year."

QUEENSRŸCHE's web site lists the band's next scheduled performance for June 11 in Valley City, Utah.

RISING WEST will perform rare and classic hits from the first five QUEENSRŸCHE albums — from the 1983 EP through 1990's "Empire" — and plans on hitting the studio sometime early summer to begin recording its first release.

Geoff entered the studio on February 29 to begin recording his second solo album.

Tate released his first solo CD in 2002 on Sanctuary Records. Self-titled, the LP was a huge departure from the work he had previously done with QUEENSRŸCHE.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:56 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
QUEENSRŸCHE's Publicist Downplays Rumors Of Strife In The Group - May 30, 2012
In the wake of a series of bizarre rumors about QUEENSRŸCHE's relationship with lead singer Geoff Tate, the band's publicist is downplaying reports of strife in the group.

Metal Talk and Metal Sludge recently reported on unsubstantiated rumors that Tate assaulted guitarist Michael Wilton and pulled a knife on drummer Scott Rockenfield at an April 14 gig in Brazil. The incident allegedly took place after Tate overheard his bandmates discussing plans to oust him from the group.

On Tuesday, four members of QUEENSRŸCHE — Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Parker Lundgren — announced a new project called RISING WEST, which will make its live debut on Friday, June 8 and Saturday, June 9 at the Hard Rock Café in Seattle, Washington. Tate had previously announced his plans to spend the summer focused on a series of solo acoustic shows.

"In regards to the current state of QUEENSRŸCHE, the fact of the matter is that Geoff Tate is concentrating on his acoustic solo performances this summer while the other members of the band have formed a new outfit called RISING WEST with Todd La Torre of CRIMSON GLORY," publicist Jeff Albright said in an email to Examiner.com Wednesday morning.

"Everyone wants to stay busy, try new things and do what they do best . . . and, of course, that's rock in front of the masses.

"As you're probably aware, QUEENSRŸCHE are slated to perform select dates throughout the year."

QUEENSRŸCHE's web site lists the band's next scheduled performance for June 11 in Valley City, Utah.

RISING WEST will perform rare and classic hits from the first five QUEENSRŸCHE albums — from the 1983 EP through 1990's "Empire" — and plans on hitting the studio sometime early summer to begin recording its first release.

Geoff entered the studio on February 29 to begin recording his second solo album.

Tate released his first solo CD in 2002 on Sanctuary Records. Self-titled, the LP was a huge departure from the work he had previously done with QUEENSRŸCHE.

which is pretty much admitting their is strife by saying there is no strife...

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:23 pm

They should just say that their strife isn't as big as Great White so they're doing fine.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Rising West's logo/Graphic - notice the Tri-Ryche under the skull:

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 75234_10
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:29 pm

I am disappointed there will be no split that leads to a Queensrÿche and Kingsrÿche.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:36 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I am disappointed there will be no split that leads to a Queensrÿche and Kingsrÿche.

Exact could do the logo for Kingsryche
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Well, the logo is super cool in my book.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Ditto, looks wicked to me. I hope the original material is good...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Exact could do the logo for Kingsryche

Razz

yes, i could indeed Smile

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 am

Here's some snippets of the "new guy" singing some 'Ryche...

Probably handles it better that Geoff could these days. insane

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:47 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Rising West's logo/Graphic - notice the Tri-Ryche under the skull:

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 75234_10
Looks like the whole thing is the tri-ryche symbol.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

maybe if they dump Geoff then DeGarmo would come back....

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:35 pm

I was prepared to not like that but............it's not bad. I think Degarmo back is what they need.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:36 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I was prepared to not like that but............it's not bad. I think Degarmo back is what they need.
No, it's not.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
No, it's not.

If DeGarmo came back we'd get an alternative/melodic fest of an album based upon his post-Ryche and final Ryche output...it more about fire and intensity...something sorely lacking since Promised Land...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17153

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:16 pm

The new guy has Geoff's early 'Ryche voice down perfect.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:37 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The new guy has Geoff's early 'Ryche voice down perfect.

yeah - that was a really good cover.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:44 pm

I think DeGarmo is immensely talented, and I believe he can still write some great music, but people thinking he'd somehow lead Queensryche back to their metal roots would be sorely disappointed.

The Spys4Darwin EP wasn't great. Wasn't very good, actually. The tracks he co-wrote on Tribe aren't very good, nor is the song, "Justified," he wrote for the Sign of the Times album. The tracks he co-wrote with Dredg are excellent, but Dredg has more in common with Radiohead than anything Queensryche has ever done.

That's been DeGarmo's musical output since he left Queensryche. And of course the oft-hated Hear in the Now Frontier was largely written by DeGarmo. So why anyone would think he'd help usher back in the old-school metal style is beyond me. But I'm assuming most people do it because they blame Geoff for the band's shift in style and don't know what DeGarmo has done since his days in Queensryche. It's easy to blame Geoff.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:04 pm

From Rising West's facebook page:

Rising West
We are being denied access to our own facebook page and website (meaning Queensryche) so please spread the word for about Rising West. Rising West will be on KISW 99.9 this Thursday around 4:30
Thank you for your support and we hope to see you at our shows!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:43 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
From Rising West's facebook page:

Rising West
We are being denied access to our own facebook page and website (meaning Queensryche) so please spread the word for about Rising West. Rising West will be on KISW 99.9 this Thursday around 4:30
Thank you for your support and we hope to see you at our shows!
So they've been blocked from the Queensryche page? Uh oh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:31 pm

I would be very interested if DeGarmo came back, however I would not expect him to return them to a more metallic style. I would expect him to bring in some good songs though and he's an excellent guitarist which for some reason people seem to forget these days.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:41 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

maybe if they dump Geoff then DeGarmo would come back....

I doubt DeGarmo will ever come back for more than a song or two. I think it would be great if he did, he's a great song writer and guitar player (agree with SD.) Maybe not balls out metal, but at least they could write great songs for a change.

BTW - Nice work on the King's Ryche
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:55 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

BTW - Nice work on the King's Ryche

Thanks! I originally had my heart set on The Warning but when you really look at the image, its not much more than they green being shot out of the eyes.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I think DeGarmo is immensely talented, and I believe he can still write some great music, but people thinking he'd somehow lead Queensryche back to their metal roots would be sorely disappointed.

The Spys4Darwin EP wasn't great. Wasn't very good, actually. The tracks he co-wrote on Tribe aren't very good, nor is the song, "Justified," he wrote for the Sign of the Times album. The tracks he co-wrote with Dredg are excellent, but Dredg has more in common with Radiohead than anything Queensryche has ever done.

That's been DeGarmo's musical output since he left Queensryche. And of course the oft-hated Hear in the Now Frontier was largely written by DeGarmo. So why anyone would think he'd help usher back in the old-school metal style is beyond me. But I'm assuming most people do it because they blame Geoff for the band's shift in style and don't know what DeGarmo has done since his days in Queensryche. It's easy to blame Geoff.

Totally agreed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:34 am

I think it would be hilarious to see DeGarmo play in Rising West simply as a big middle finger to Geoff and his modern day burlesque show. Laughing

Who knows, maybe he'd get inspired again don\'t know

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 3 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next