Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:53 am

There is VENOM with Cronos, and there is M-PIRE OF EVIL with Mantas and Tony Dolan
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:41 am

Great set list - they are missing some tracks, but very cool to see Road To Madness in the set!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:54 am

S.D. wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
And "Deliverance."

YES

and "NM156".

YES!!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:51 am

Child of Fire makes it a great set.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:45 pm

The Lady Wore Black would be great in that setlist as well.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Neue Regal, The Whisper, The Mission, Revolution Calling, Is Anybody Listening.....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Leatherface wrote:
And "Nightrider".

yep. Great song!

DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Man, their early records had so many good songs on them. I wonder if they'll rotate some songs in and out of the setlist to get around to the other gems in their catolouge.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:34 pm

DevZor wrote:
Man, their early records had so many good songs on them. I wonder if they'll rotate some songs in and out of the setlist to get around to the other gems in their catolouge.
Not sure there's a bad song on any of the first four records.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Very true, I was just listening to rfo in the car earlier today and not one stuck out to me. Me thinks I'll have to put warning on the turntable when I get home tonight.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Setlist from last night:

RISING WEST's setlist was as follows:

01. Queen Of The Reich
02. Speak
03. Walk In The Shadows
04. En Force
05. Child Of Fire
06. The Whisper
07. Warning
08. The Needle Lies
09. Take Hold Of The Flame
10. Prophecy
11. My Empty Room
12. Eyes Of A Stranger

Encore:

13. Wrathchild (IRON MAIDEN cover)
14. Roads To Madness

Damn! What a setlist, huh? "Prophecy!" Wow.

Great setlist!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:39 pm

From one of the shows - Todd La Torre sounds AWESOME:

Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:49 am

That makes me happy listening to music
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:38 am

Miranda Tate (Geoff's daughter) is jumping in on the action now too:

I posted this on the QR Facebook but I thought I would post here as well as there seems to be a lot of speculations as to what is going on with QR.

It's about time to get some truth on the table.

1. No one...not Geoff or anyone else in QR has posted on the qr.com in months. Posting by all members was stopped at the same time. This was not Geoff's doing.
2. Geoff and the other members of queensryche can post any sort of event on the qr facebook just in the same fashion as they always have.
3. Geoff is on the defensive and all the truth as to how hostile he has been treated will be known soon
4. Look back at who wrote the songs for QR since Chris left. The heavy majority of the songs has been Geoff with an outside writer. This is due to very little to no material being submitted by the other members of the band.
5. Geoff originally wanted to go in a different direction for the last qr album....heavier. But for the first time in years the other guys were submitting songs. So Geoff used their material and DTC is what they together came up with. Don't believe me... check the credits.
6. Geoff does the majority of the writing, the majority of the interviews, is there every day for the mix. produces with every producer while the other members are hardly ever in the room. I have watched this with my own eyes since I can remember. Geoff never complains and splits album sales royalties equally.
7. Susan, as the bands manager, negotiated with outside writers (pissing them off) to give part of their publishing royalties to the other non writing members of Queensryche
8. My family worked tirelessly and happily to keep Queensryche working.
9. I emailed endlesslyto get photos and words or anything to post (on the app or fb) for the fans from all the members in Queensryche and got little to nothing from any of them except Geoff.
10. When our business attorney wrote an email to the band stating how some of our employees did a fantastic job and thanking them... one of the other members of QR (not Geoff) wrote back saying that he didn't want our employees thanked since they were being paid.
11. No one has checked the fan club email or taken care of giving away 1 meet and greet pass since the Tate's were stopped by the other members of the band from doing it. However, Geoff has honored the Queensryche fan club and given away meet and greet passes to his solo shows.
12. every fan club event was planned by my family for the last several years and Geoff happily attended all while other members complained.
13, Every concept for every tour was voted on by the band. (including the cabaret) All members of Queensryche happily split equally, all the money made from each tours although some (not Geoff) complained later when some of the tour concepts were received with less then open arms. Geoff stood by the creative decision and took the good with the bad.

So before you think the man that worked the hardest by a long way for years and years is a tyrant then think again. You don't know the facts.

Miranda Tate

NOTE: I don't blame her at all for the response, it's her dad. As far as point # 5 - someone online did check the credits for DTC:

Tate: 16 credits
Gray: 7 credits
Gane: 6 credits
Slater: 5 credits
Rockenfield: 5 credits
Jackson: 2 credits
Carrell 1 credit
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:57 am

This seems to be more of family dispute (among the band members ) then has anything with musical direction, whatever the truth might be, it seems like the band needs some time apart, this guys have been touring and recording in some form or another since 1983, that is a good run IMO. Maybe the kid is telling the truth, when it does come to doing promo work the only one I ever see is Geoff Tate, of course being the vocalist, he is the most visible member of the band, so it might be the only one the media is interested in talking to.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am

manny wrote:
This seems to be more of family dispute (among the band members ) then has anything with musical direction, whatever the truth might be, it seems like the band needs some time apart, this guys have been touring and recording in some form or another since 1983, that is a good run IMO. Maybe the kid is telling the truth, when it does come to doing promo work the only one I ever see is Geoff Tate, of course being the vocalist, he is the most visible member of the band, so it might be the only one the media is interested in talking to.

Agree - they do need time apart. If Rising West comes to the East Coast, I would go see them.

BTW - family dispute it is, Scott Rockenfield's daughter posted a comment on Miranda Tate's FB post - someone caught screen shot of it:

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Mistyr10

Now the band member's kids are taking sides..... We may have seen the last of Queensryche for a long time.....
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:11 am

God this is getting ugly, these dudes need to have a family/band meeting, release a press conference that after 30 years Queensryche has folded and move on.

All these meddling kids are doing is ruining their reputation, I can't believe the 'thinking man's metal band' has turned into this childish mess.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 am

5. Geoff originally wanted to go in a different direction for the last qr album....heavier.

Does this statement even seem plausible?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:19 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
5. Geoff originally wanted to go in a different direction for the last qr album....heavier.

Sure, he is no dummy, fans have been asking this for years, alot of veteran bands have made successful albums in the last few years by creating albums that went back to their roots, and lot of newer prog metal bands cite them as an influence, and have created successful 'heavier' albums then Queensryche has and so why not try to take advantage of that while that genre is enjoying mainstream success.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:24 am

manny wrote:
God this is getting ugly, these dudes need to have a family/band meeting, release a press conference that after 30 years Queensryche has folded and move on.

All these meddling kids are doing is ruining their reputation, I can't believe the 'thinking man's metal band' has turned into this childish mess.

No joke!!!!!! Or least get together and release a statement that Queenryche is going on an extended hiatus

metalinmyveins wrote:

No, not at all plausible. Just look a quick look at the writing credits on DTC shows it's not plausible.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:29 am

manny wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Sure, he is no dummy, fans have been asking this for years, alot of veteran bands have made successful albums in the last few years by creating albums that went back to their roots, and lot of newer prog metal bands cite them as an influence, and have created successful 'heavier' albums then Queensryche has and so why not try to take advantage of that while that genre is enjoying mainstream success.

I think Geoff sounds intelligent in interviews, but sounding intelligent and making intelligent decisions are two different things. Geoff never really enjoyed the metal thing from the get go, so hearing that he wanted to do a heavier record doesn't sound consistent with his approach over the years (especially after DeGarmo left). Geoff reminds me of Joe Elliott in many ways, they will stick to their new found musical approach and never really look back.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:32 am

Quote :
especially after DeGarmo left

What does DeGarmo's absence have to do with anything?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:39 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

From the directional standpoint. Even though they had toned down their sound with DeGarmo (post Empire thru Hear in the Now Frontier) , I'm guessing the direction of the band was Tate's at that point. I've always viewed Tate as the guy that says, "This is the direction we're taking, and f*ck you guys".
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:41 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

From the directional standpoint. Even though they had toned down their sound with DeGarmo (post Empire thru Hear in the Now Frontier) , I'm guessing the direction of the band was Tate's at that point. I've always viewed Tate as the guy that says, "This is the direction we're taking, and f*ck you guys".

HITNF was DeGarmo's baby...as was Promised Land...the band has said so in many interviews. Mindcrime was Tate's...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

HITNF was DeGarmo's baby...as was Promised Land...the band has said so in many interviews. Mindcrime was Tate's...

I realize that, and never suggested that DeGarmo wasn't responsible for the direction of the band. What I'm stating is, after DeGarmo left the band, I'm guessing that it was Tate's way or the highway. I've never heard anything regarding DeGarmo not really liking the band's earlier work and running away from that period in their history. Clearly, Chris chose to go in a different musical direction and Tate was on board, and that was/is fine. I think the reason why it's easy to throw Geoff under the bus though, is due to his whole never liking the metal genre to begin with. So, as a fan of the earlier elements of this band (up to Promised Land), it's shocking to hear that Geoff wanted to return to a heavier sound. That sounds absolutely inconsistent regarding his musical tastes. Do I believe he wanted to return to a heavier sound? Absolutely not!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 6 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next