Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands that get undeserved hate

Go down 
+28
Orion Crystal Ice
dark avenger
Joe
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Grimmo
kmorg
jettafiend
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
TheGreatDuck
Temple of Blood
stormspell
MEGATRON
The_Jayroh
Witchfinder
adrian
mc666
allthingsmetal
DallasBlack
exact33
Vexer6
ultmetal
ZetaReticuli
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
thejokeriv
metalhead777
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:57 pm

Stryper was the first band that came to mind when I read the thread title. (And a lot of Christian metal in general for that matter.)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:59 pm

It's hard to take people's reviewing seriously when there are a billion uncomfortable references to how Christian the band is and how much that sucks in their review of a 'Christian' band, but every other band they review, the lyrics don't matter, only the music matters, and it's especially OK to have violence against women, genocide, et al, et al.........
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
It's hard to take people's reviewing seriously when there are a billion uncomfortable references to how Christian the band is and how much that sucks in their review of a 'Christian' band, but every other band they review, the lyrics don't matter, only the music matters, and it's especially OK to have violence against women, genocide, et al, et al.........
I feel EXACTLY the same way. Sure, I think some of the lyrics a few christian metal bands use are absolutely horrible, sunday school sounding crap (no offense to anyone if they like that), but that isn't enough to make me think a band is bad, it might make me laugh or at most just smile at how awkward it was.
But hating a band for christianity!? No, childish and wrong.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Funny thing is that back in the day I ignored just about all of the Christian metal scene. And not because it was Christian, but because it got knocked a lot for being "copy-cat" of their secular counterparts. Took me a good number of years (pretty much the internet) before I finally got around to actually listening to some of these bands. Opened me up to some good stuff.

And speaking of "copy-cat" acts, I always thought in retrospect Kingdom Come got way too much hate than they deserved. Hell, for along time I was one of the ones hating them too.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:39 pm

I'M GOING TO DEFEND MY BRO WAYNE! EVEN TOUGHT THAT WAS A JOKE; when I went to see phoenix reign opening for epica. i enjoyed more wayne's band tough. I saw EPICA 2 or 3 songs and then I left the venue, i swear it looked like epica where doing lipsinging
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:47 pm

powermacho wrote:
I'M GOING TO DEFEND MY BRO WAYNE! EVEN TOUGHT THAT WAS A JOKE

It was a joke

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:59 pm

James B. wrote:
powermacho wrote:
I'M GOING TO DEFEND MY BRO WAYNE! EVEN TOUGHT THAT WAS A JOKE

It was a joke
i know tough lol!

i was just talking a bit about my experience with his band, which was better than the opening act.

Pretty much EUROPEAN Power Metal gets underrated here on the states; thats what i see with some metalheads around my area
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
in all fairness, Nightwish since 'Once' has been a 3,252,363,737 member orchestra with approximately one riff under it and a singer over it, so.....

Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 201269 Preach it OCI! I agree one million percent.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:51 pm

kmorg wrote:
exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Hammerfall

It's like a trend to dislike them now.

probably because their last few albums have been really disappointing.

I disagree. I think the fans could not take how popular they became. Similar hate is also spawned upon Nightwish and Dragonforce, after they got popular.

listen to Legacy of Kings and then listen to the last couple albums. LoK blows anything they have done since out of the water. The last couple have been bereft of any signs of life. I just think people got tired listening to the same song played out over and over again.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:59 pm

exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Hammerfall

I disagree. I think the fans could not take how popular they became. Similar hate is also spawned upon Nightwish and Dragonforce, after they got popular.

listen to Legacy of Kings and then listen to the last couple albums. LoK blows anything they have done since out of the water. The last couple have been bereft of any signs of life. I just think people got tired listening to the same song played out over and over again.

I agree with The King. I have the first 4 Hammerfalls but after that they just seemed to be going through the motions and painting new albums "by the numbers".

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:00 pm

exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Hammerfall

I've liked every Hammerfall album but I agree that they never matched the great LoK.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

You just nailed it on the head.

I thought what ult thought too: people who never give Christian metal bands a chance.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

One of the worst examples I can think of was a review of Theocracy. The reviewer barely mentioned the music, just griped about how scary it was that an 'extreme right-wing religious' band would be promoting a theocracy (of course not realizing that it was simply an analogy of a believer making his heart a theocracy-not once promoting it as a form of government).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Audioslave
Type O Negative
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands that get undeserved hate
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3